JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
download (1).jpg

OR

Harold02.jpg

Last Edited:
I had hopes for that Norton startup in Gladstone(?) to really take off. I think they made a few nice bikes. That woulda been cool.
I think Nortons are now made in England again.
This is a USA Commando 961.. pretty much a thug bike

View attachment 338125

Kenny Dreer (from the Carver area) poured his heart and soul into this project. He started out by updating old Nortons and got right up to the point of building new bikes when his investors backed out. Damn shame, too. They were incredible.
The 961 is now made in England, but was mostly developed by Dreer and Co. Funny, it was revived in Oregon, but was purchased and moved back to England. I really, really wanted one, especially if it had been built here.

Back to Victory. I knew of nobody ever being critical of them. I knew just a few people that actually owned them, and they loved 'em. But mostly, they just never caught on. Maybe they sold better elsewhere.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I bought my first new HD before I turned 40. Never got into sport bikes before the cruisers. But now I ride a Yamaha FJR1300. So went from a Road Glide, big comfortable, not so nimble tourer to a fast as he!!, nimble, not so comfortable sport tourer. Miss the HD for real long rides, 600-700 miles in a day, but don't miss the weight. If the Victory would have had the luggage and wind protection to cover those long mile days, I would never gone to the HD.

The letter stated that as of Jan 9, they would wind down their Victory operations which could take up to 18 months.
Polaris will assist dealers in liquidating existing inventories while continuing to supply parts for a period of 10 years, along with providing service and warranty coverage to Victory dealers and owners.
I don't think any Indian owners are going to have to be worried because that is what they are switching their focus to. I guess Polaris feels that the Indian brand is more suitable to directly compete with HD.
And seeing some prices on the higher end Indian's I would say that they are.
But as someone mentioned earlier, HD is a marketing/merchandise company that happens to build motorcycles. Polaris will have to step up that merchandising and marketing for Indian to grab a piece of the big American bike market from HD.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews