JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just received a letter in the mail today that Polaris Industries will be winding down their Victory Motorcycles brand and business operations which should be completed within the next 18 months.
Not sure if any of you riders have every owned a Victory but that was my very first big muscle motorcycle. And the first brand new, only miles on odometer by me vehicle.
Kind of sad news. I liked the Victory brand and what they had to offer. My bike was pretty bad-a$$. Had some great seat time on that one. I can still recall that big dumb grin on my face when I road it off the showroom floor and onto the highway.

IMG_0312.JPG

I had hopes for that Norton startup in Gladstone(?) to really take off. I think they made a few nice bikes. That woulda been cool.
I think Nortons are now made in England again.
This is a USA Commando 961.. pretty much a thug bike

Norton-961---portrait-6.jpg

I test rode a Victory 92 bagger in 2002 at Sturgis didn't really impress me...then a KAwi Mean Streak, then a BMW 1150 RT, then a Yamaha 1600, and a Honda VTX1800c... all in one day. The 1800 was a monster for torque, speed and acceleration. I had previously test rode a Suzuki 1500 Intruder, a and Harley Soft Tail Deuce and ElectraGlide. So I bought the R model 3 months later....put 136K on it.

Buying a buddy's next month in WA. A VTX1800R 2003 with only 55K on it. Pray for a decent window of weather for me to ride it back from Tacoma area to NorCal. It is about 625 miles so my goal is to do it in one day.

I have liked the looks of Victory over the years and really liked the big black out police special they built a few years back so it is unfortunate the brand is dying and Polaris Indian is continuing. I WISH Indian would come out with an update Indian 4 cylinder like the pre WWII Indian 4 Chiefs. My dad had one and said it was much faster than a Harley.
I really want a big cruiser that will do 150+ mph.

Brutus Out

That's too bad to hear. They made some cool bikes and I always had one on my short list. Strange, when I was younger I wanted a Buell Lightning and they disappeared as well. I remember a test ride of a Lighting XB12 and getting hollered at by the salesman for pulling a wheel stand in front of their store. :D

Enjoying anything that would go fast enough to do something stupid on was always intriguing to me. Quads, dirt bikes, street bikes and snowmobiles, I rode them all. When was I ever that skinny?

IMG_0010.JPG

I told you I was passionate about bikes. They are all just memories and pictures now. Down to a Suzuki drz400s. Loosing your things to health issues is the American way. :) 24 down 1 to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top