JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody have any quick links for the running daily value of Berdan brass? Is it any better or worse than generic scrap brass?

Does anybody have any quick numbers on approximately how many fired cases of common calibers make up one pound or kilo?

We have come into the sizable possession of some old fired Berdan brass. Wondering now what it may be worth for scrap. :)

Thank you.

Does anybody have any quick links for the running daily value of Berdan brass? Is it any better or worse than generic scrap brass?

Does anybody have any quick numbers on approximately how many fired cases of common calibers make up one pound or kilo?

We have come into the sizable possession of some old fired Berdan brass. Wondering now what it may be worth for scrap. :)

Thank you.
Brass is brass as far as scrap is concerned at least as far as I am aware.

Throw 10-50 cases on a digital kitchen scale and multiply to see how many per pound.

For scrap it's worth the same per lb as any other brass. If they are rare calibers there are people who load them, or convert them to boxer priming.
I have bought and sold fired brass to recyclers (directly at the Port) it isn't worth brass scrap, it has ferrous primers so it is mixed brass with a heavily discounted value. I went through a time buying range scrap from the Army and Marines by the ton. The biggest problem was it had to be certified as fired as occasionally there would be an unfired cartridge in the mix.......the smelter operators would get really upset when one would go off in the furnace. Eventually I developed a market selling it directly to people casting sculptures and got better prices but still not a lot of profit.

I have bought and sold fired brass to recyclers (directly at the Port) it isn't worth brass scrap, it has ferrous primers so it is mixed brass with a heavily discounted value. I went through a time buying range scrap from the Army and Marines by the ton. The biggest problem was it had to be certified as fired as occasionally there would be an unfired cartridge in the mix.......the smelter operators would get really upset when one would go off in the furnace. Eventually I developed a market selling it directly to people casting sculptures and got better prices but still not a lot of profit.

I meant the same as other cartridge brass, as in the same value as boxer primed.

Google is cool thing.

Brass and not cartridges

9mm, 59.46gr/ea, 117.7cases/#, 8.5#/1000

38spl, 68.06gr/ea, 102.8cases/#, 9.7#/1000

40s&w, 70.1gr/ea, 99.9cases/#, 10#/1000

.357mag, 78.3gr/ea, 89.4cases/#, 11.2#/1000

.45acp, 89.58gr/ea, 78.1cases/#, 12.8#/1000

.223, 95.28gr/ea , 73.5cases/#, 13.6#/1000

.44mag, 114.38gr/ea, 61.2cases/#, 16.3#/1000

50bmg, 865.26gr/ea, 8.1cases/#, 123.5#/1000

Average price for fired cases seems to be about $1.54, depending.

The only berdan primed stuff I have is 7.62x51mm NATO that came from either Portugal or Chile. Its also the only caliber I don't really bother reloading.

Note to self: get rid of that bucket o'nato and buy myself lunch.

it isn't worth brass scrap, it has ferrous primers so it is mixed brass with a heavily discounted value.

I don't think I've ever seen ferrous primers before, except in shotshells. All that I've ever had have been brass or copper. In fact I toss my fired primers from reloading into a can and sell them for scrap brass too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top