JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I use to sell a whole Lotta brass at good prices.
I stopped awhile ago. Not do to having product.
It just wasn't moving. Even though I always price it low so it gives fellow reloaders a good deal.
My question is.
Has the need for brass returned yet ?

I might want.357, finding it at $0.17 per so far. Not much of a market, but you have to start somewhere.

P.s. This depends on me "pulling the trigger" on a Uberti SAA purchase.

I would be interested in

.35 Whelen
30-40 Krag
45-70 Gov.
.308 Win, Limited and would have to be a very good price for commercial only

everything else I got so much of it I am tripping over it in barrels

I think the market is still soft. Shortage of primers at reasonable prices the last few years, and also spotty powder availability with increased prices when you can find it, I suspect has taken its toll on some people's interest or capacity to reload unless they had a good stock of supplies prior. And people in that group usually had a decent supply of brass stashed away also.

I might want.357, finding it at $0.17 per so far. Not much of a market, but you have to start somewhere.

P.s. This depends on me "pulling the trigger" on a Uberti SAA purchase.
I can hook you up if you get it.
I used to sell thousands of pieces of brass.
I stopped a few years ago.
I still have a pretty good source.

I think the market is still soft. Shortage of primers at reasonable prices the last few years, and also spotty powder availability with increased prices when you can find it, I suspect has taken its toll on some people's interest or capacity to reload unless they had a good stock of supplies prior. And people in that group usually had a decent supply of brass stashed away also.
Kinda was my thinking.

Lack of primers and increasing cost of powders are part of the problem. 9mm and 223 are going to be a tough sell. I barely break even reloading those 2 rounds and I can get all the free brass I can use. Other rounds that have higher retail value are more likely to sell. I shop around for 38, 357, 10mm and 30 carbine.

A few years ago I was buying and selling a bunch of range brass.
Close to three tons of it.
The range brass marked has slowed way down. I am still buying it and getting it seperated and processed but am not selling any of it in this weak market.
When it turns around I'll sell it for what it's worth until then I will sit out in the shed in five gallon buckets.

Lack of primers and increasing cost of powders are part of the problem. 9mm and 223 are going to be a tough sell. I barely break even reloading those 2 rounds and I can get all the free brass I can use. Other rounds that have higher retail value are more likely to sell. I shop around for 38, 357, 10mm and 30 carbine.
PM me, I might have something you'd be interested in that I don't load for anymore. It's just collecting dust.

I have all but givin up trying to sell brass. I have about 800 pounds of it but cannot seem to sell it for more than scrap yard prices.

I'm not going to sort & clean & market it for scrap prices.

Currently, I think of it as my savings account. When reloading returns, I will make enough to buy some new toys!

I'm still selling all the brass I pick up. I'm getting 3 to 4 cents each for 9mm. still double what I get for scrap.
On another note I bought 9mm for $13 a box of 50.[ or .26 cents ea]. When I could buy primers for .03 cents ea. I could reload 9mm for .08 cents each.
today I bought primers for .08 cents, and a pound of powder for $45. [ or .025 cents per load]. with a .08 cent bullet, my reloaded 9mm would cost 18.5 cents ea without any labor. There is just not much savings in a 9mm round.
But for the exact same cost I can load 38 super, 38 spl, .357, etc... all of those use the same bullet, the same primer and near the same powder charge. But those three sell for $35 to $65 for the same size box of 50.
When there was no ammo on the shelf I was loading 9mm. But now I'm back to buying 9mm and focusing on loads that save me more than a few cents ea.

I'm still getting .07 to .08 cents ea for 45 acp, 38/ ,357, 357 sig and 38 super. I just pickup the 9mm while getting the other higher priced cases. If I sat on the 9mm empties I would have a shop full! DR

I am getting ready to scrap130lbs of 223 and 80lbs of 9mm. Rather trade but evryone wants to give me scrap price. If thats the case to the scrap yard it goes.
It don't make any sence the low price people sell brass for. I refuse to sell 9 & 223 for less then five cents a case.
But guys will go buy new brass for $30 a hundred, load it one time and it turns into range brass.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top