JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had this for a few years now, and have not used it outside one cold camping trip....before I got some better down filled bags for winter....
It is a 4 point blanket, bigger than a Queen, smaller than a King, at least I think it's smaller than a King lol. Pictures taken at my apartment's common room/laundry building. (only space big enough and clean enough without the cats getting all over the blanket) DSCF1478.JPG
Tag on it
DSCF1479.JPG DSCF1480.JPG
Folded up
DSCF1477.JPG
Showing the 4 points
DSCF1476.JPG
Laid out flat on one of the tables .

I am seriously considering selling this, as it is just taking up room and I already have some decent camping wool blankets that are much lighter/smaller (good for 1 person), and I don't want to make the condition any worse than it already is by using it for camping. It could use some dry cleaning, and probably someone on here would know how to make it fluffy again to be extremely warm. It is HEAVY though, so shipping it anywhere would be a pretty penny. Would rather not sell on Ebay, and also rather not deal with flakes on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace.

Looks good.

Message me when ready to sell. No shipping involved. :) I'll mull over the price...

@AndyinEverson ; Really? I looked at Ebay's completed/sold listings and they seem to average below those price points... and no; I am not selling pre 1840 prices:rolleyes: They aren't branded Hudson Bay Company or Pendleton Wool blankets, but after some research, seems they did make blankets for Hudson Bay Company.... which is why they look just like the famous Hudson Bay Point blankets of the same stripe pattern
Witney Blanket Story

I'm not sure the significance of the tag not having the "Early's" script though.

Are you gong to ask pre 1840 prices...?:D
Those are nice blankets...
I see them selling at black powder gun shows around $100-$200 range unless it has some special tag or stripe pattern etc....
Andy
One beaver pelt, a bushel of apples and one string of glass beads.

@CamoDeafie

You have a current as in 20th century tag...its a very nice blanket..but not a collectors blanket...as for pricing I quoted...that is what they were selling for a at a specialized market and market place...it may be a vastly different price somewhere else....
Andy

@CamoDeafie

You have a current as in 20th century tag...its a very nice blanket..but not a collectors blanket...as for pricing I quoted...that is what they were selling for a at a specialized market and market place...it may be a vastly different price somewhere else....
Andy
That would explain the fact I found it on sale in a basement sale at a thrift store, which sometimes put items on Ebay. (haven't found similar blankets since then though.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top