Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Using the antis own tactics against them.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bnsaibum, Dec 19, 2013.

1. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Something similar to this idea has been rolling around in the back of my mind for a while, but until I saw this article my thoughts hadn't fully formed and I hadn't figured out how to go about it. How many times have you heard 'stick to the facts', 'only use logic/reason' etc. when talking to the anti-gunners or those on the fence? I'm not saying to go to the extremes, but judicious use as pointed out in the article seems like it could work well.

12 Ways To Use Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals Against Liberals - John Hawkins - Page full

AMProducts and (deleted member) like this.
  2. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

Some aspects can be used, and in good conscience, but do we want to stoop to their level on all fronts? I say no, and we don't need to. We just need to get the truth and critical thinking to be commonplace again, and divert the devotion to media and propaganda.

Flopsweat and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Dr McCoy on the old Star Trek

The biggest problem in the pro 2nd fight has been inertia. I saw that change early this year at the Olympia Capitol Campus. Show up every time, people!

Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Stoop to their level, it beats the alternatives!!

5. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Suit yourself. That lying and conniving stuff is not for me. Most of my friends and acquaintances who've changed their views have done so because I've been polite, HONEST and factual. That's the only thing that's ever worked on me too. If you want to be mistaken for an extremist, the fastest way to do so is to start lying and emoting. And yelling, you should yell a lot too.

6. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

Agree. But I also say being well versed in the less honorable methods means being able to detected it's use earlier, and having an effective counter measure ready to neutralize it or even turn it to ones own advantage.

7. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I've just come to the conclusion that there are some individuals that are far beyond saving....they're just too far gone. On the other hand, if you can have a sensible, intellectual and thought provoking conversation with someone that is actually willing to listen, who knows?

8. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

This is a disgusting discussion.

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Agreed, but; I will add that we have to utilize all our resources to defeat this rampage of our Constitution.

10. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

No, we don't.

That's why it's disgusting.

11. Blitzkrieg

In the general martial arts concept I teach called JKD we use what works. I will not hesitate to do that in the furtherance of our liberties

12. Blitzkrieg

Giving false info to a nefarious, evil enemy is a good thing, lying to your loyal comrades in arms is inexcusable

13. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I think this idea has just been given the stamp of approval.:funnypoint:

By no means do I think that fabrication and lies should be used. There are many good points in the article, and as BigStick said above, we need to get back to a point where the use of critical thinking is once again commonplace. How do you get an emotionally driven creature like an antigunner to use their brain and see common sense on this or any issue? I'm no psychologist, but it seems that one way is to challenge their emotionally controlled beliefs with something emotionally shocking. Use those facts and logic that invariably support liberty and the bearing of arms along with something that will emotionally challenge them.

14. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

The antis lie or are delusional. It would really backfire to be caught using either. Reality is we don't need to resort to those levels.

15. Blitzkrieg

Badda Bing, Badda Boom!

16. Blitzkrieg

It's OK, we'll go in for the win in the real world while you lurk here making trollish comments