JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a little aerosol can of CLP that works just fine. The bottle of CLP I got while in the Army lasted me 20 years. I also have a quart bottle of Mobil 1 5w-20w from an oil change a couple of years ago with about 1/2" in the bottom that I use occasionally.

I need to get a little oil squirt can for the Mobil 1 so it's easier to dispense.

WE are talking about firearms, not your gun.

Who said I wasn't talking about my firearms?

My bullets go ++ that much faster thanks to being slick and my magazines load that much easier cuz friction reduction. Granted it only last about maybe a magazine but it does work in a pinch.

Automotive lubricants are designed to deter a lot more wear that most firearms will ever have to withstand. ATF is more highly detergent than engine oil so might not be as apt to allow crud to collect. I haven't used engine oil nor ATF for firearms, not that I wouldn't. But I have other stuff; straight, light machine oils that have no additives. Those I use sparingly on semi auto pistols, revolvers and sporting arms. On the M1 Rifles, I use the "Grease, Rifle" that was made for them. In two formulations, the brown version and the lithium type. Also for the M1A's. For the AR's, I use LSA, generously.

One thing that I've found wondrous for the AR's is "Break Free CLP" which says it's a lubricant as well as a cleaner. I like it for cleaning out the inside of the bolt carrier. Which was always a chore for me until I discovered this product. It kinda melts the carbon out of there.

waitwaitwait are you trying to tell me lubricants that are designed to work on high speed moving parts with occasional heavy loading in freezing to hot temps might work in a......... gun?

Well what else would ya use on your M1?

Astroglide works and it's water soluble so cleanups quick and easy just like........not to mention it works for resizing brass too.

100_2937.JPG

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top