JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent a message to legislators using NRA's web site link given above. Received this response from one of the reps.
============

Thank you for taking the time to write about Senate Bill 6620. This bill would raise the minimum age to purchase a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun. As you know, Senator Braun is a Second Amendment Supporter.

While there are several firearms bills of concern this session, I did want to inform you that Senate Bill 6620 was scheduled today--- for a hearing tomorrow (2/27). This scheduled hearing may be one of the reasons why so many are on alert and reaching out to their legislative offices.

Senator Braun wanted you to have the option to listen to the public hearing. He would encourage you to visit the Washington State Public Affairs Television Network (www.tvw.org), where you can find both audio and video of the proceedings.

If you care to testify by physically making the trip to Olympia, please be aware that parking may be scarce, so be sure to get here early.

Thank you again for your input, and if you have any other comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the office any time.
Best regards,

Jeri May
20th District Legislative Assistant
Office: (360) 786.7638

This is a monstrously long bill and didn't have time to read the whole thing carefully. But, the things that jump out at me is that the headline of 18 -21 is a gross understatement of what the law does. The main features seems to be that it is a REGISTRATION bill, meaning than anyone who purchases a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun goes into the state registry, regardless of age.

This appears to be a confiscation on the installment plan.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top