JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

which press

• Dillon 550c

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Hornady LNL ap

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
I'm sorry if this topic had been discussed already, but for all you Dillon 550 owners: doesn't the fact that the 550 is a manual indexing only bother all of you? I've been very curious about that.

I would think there's manual indexing only slows down your reloading since it adds another step for your hand to do. Plus if you get distracted, I would think there's a danger of forgetting to index & then double charging the casing which I would think wouldn't happen with an auto indexing press. I wish the 550 would at least give you the option of being able to choose auto indexing vs manual indexing but you get no choice.

I have no experience with the 550 & so this is pure speculation on my part. I would love to hear what you all think.

I prefer the control that manual indexing gives. It slows down the process just enough to be able to catch/stop/correct any problems that might occur.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top