JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

which press

• Dillon 550c

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Hornady LNL ap

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
I'm sorry if this topic had been discussed already, but for all you Dillon 550 owners: doesn't the fact that the 550 is a manual indexing only bother all of you? I've been very curious about that.

I would think there's manual indexing only slows down your reloading since it adds another step for your hand to do. Plus if you get distracted, I would think there's a danger of forgetting to index & then double charging the casing which I would think wouldn't happen with an auto indexing press. I wish the 550 would at least give you the option of being able to choose auto indexing vs manual indexing but you get no choice.

I have no experience with the 550 & so this is pure speculation on my part. I would love to hear what you all think.

I prefer the control that manual indexing gives. It slows down the process just enough to be able to catch/stop/correct any problems that might occur.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top