JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being very new to the forum I am just seeing this. Thanks for having the integrity to post your experience, though I would expect nothing less from someone whom I assume is a retired USAF CMSgt. I think all of us have had close calls and I shudder to think of a couple of mine. Thanks again Chief, from a crusty old retired USAF Maj/Pilot.
Hey, I'm an INFJ. Most people like me who spent their life in Air Force Intelligence are the same or similar. Thanks for the good wishes.

I bet you won't forget to keep your Booger hook off the bang switch when holstering/unholstering or not pointing downrange ever again.
You were lucky and glad you are healing up.
As I posted originally, I was checking/clearing a few guns before transferring them from my safe to my range bag. The CZ was loaded for reasons I still can't fathom. Anyway, I accidentally dropped the slide back into battery when I retracted it. The strongly sprung slide (new gun) slammed forward and made the gun jump in my right hand, at which point I instinctively grabbed it. And, duh, in doing so I put my finger in the trigger guard. Boom! And at that point it was all about getting to the phone to call for an ambulance. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm just thankful nobody else was home, although if I'd shot myself elsewhere I probably wouldn't be saying that. Took a lot of deep breathing and effective crisis management to keep from freaking out.

Nope. Lost the nail on my big toe and a few others from wearing a much too small pair of running shoes that I thought would stretch out. They didn't stretch. The nail said bye. I knew someone would pick up on that (again). At least I had on clean underwear when the ambulance came. :)

Two things:

1. It takes a lot of guts to post a mistake for the world to see. It takes a lot more guts to post this kind of mistake. You're using it as a learning moment for others, as a warning that yes, it can happen to me. One moment's carelessness.

For that you have my admiration and respect.

B. Wearing shoes that are too small is a patently girly thing to do. And then wearing them enough that you lose a big toe toenail.

For that I have to rethink the whole admiration part. Not the respect, just the admiration.

And men aren't supposed to have clean underwear on when the ambulance comes.

P

Two things:

1. It takes a lot of guts to post a mistake for the world to see. It takes a lot more guts to post this kind of mistake. You're using it as a learning moment for others, as a warning that yes, it can happen to me. One moment's carelessness.

For that you have my admiration and respect.

B. Wearing shoes that are too small is a patently girly thing to do. And then wearing them enough that you lose a big toe toenail.

For that I have to rethink the whole admiration part. Not the respect, just the admiration.

And men aren't supposed to have clean underwear on when the ambulance comes.

P
Hahahaha! And then I ended up with a pink cast. With the cast and the shoes, I guess my manhood really could be called into question. Thanks for the nice words.

One of my friends sent me this and said I should print aome copies, cut them out, and glue them to the tops of my shoes. I have very interesting friends. 45E16738-C67E-4600-B0AF-02E094AA02A3.jpeg

Getting rid of it would be like not marrying a great looking woman because the first date went bad.
I've had a few pretty bad first dates... hardly any of em ever shot at me. Luckily I've had training in SERPENTINE! maneuvers.

Thank you for posting your progress, ankles can be tricky to put back together, I'm glad you had a good doctor.

I've been present for two NDs, one was an old Marine buddy who almost got me in the foot (not one of the bad first dates referenced earlier... totally different scenario :rolleyes:).
Glad you're on the mend. Stay safe.

Drop The Mag

Clear The gun In a safe direction

Use Chamber Flags or a simple piece of weed eater string sticking out both ends
Chamber flag will keep the gun from going into battery

Not trying to tell you what to do, I know some people with foot,knee, hand injuries Serious stuff. I recently have spent some time in hostipals,waiting rooms, physical rehab.
None of it is fun,,,should be avoided.
Gun safety SHOULD be preached. Gun handling is important, we all have probably had close calls.
Heal and do what the Doctors say. Stay in here and keep telling the 'choir' how it's going.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top