JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back on Oct 16, I posted about my negligent discharge with my CZ 75D PCR that sent a 9mm 90 grain Underwood XTreme Defender round at 1400 feet per second through the top right of my left foot, through two large ankle bones, and out the left side. I ended up spending four days in the hospital, during which I underwent two surgeries under general anesthesia to clean out the wound path and received constant IVs of antibiotics to try and prevent any infection.

So, after over two months on crutches spent wearing first a cast and then a protective boot, I was finally able to start wearing a regular shoe and walking on it again beginning yesterday. It still hurts to the point of needing to take good sized doses of ibuprofen and I certainly won't be distance running any time soon, but it's nice to be able to get around fairly normally and feel like I almost certainly will be making a full recovery. I have definitely learned a real lesson in the need for total adherence to firearms safety rules, in never being in a hurry when trying to get out of the door and get to the range, and in how even the mighty (in my case the less than even remotely mighty) can be laid low.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here on the forum who supported me in my recovery and in reminding me to stay positive when it really was pretty hard to do. Hopefully my original post about the injury was helpful. I just want to stress again how quickly things can go from great to pretty terrible and how incredibly lucky I was to have not injured myself even more seriously or even fatally. My wife has told me since the incident that she would have not wanted to have anything to do with me if I'd killed myself accidentally. :) So don't do this to yourself.

Before, during, and after pictures follow. Before anyone comments on it, please know that my eight year old granddaughter picked out my cast color. Couldn't say no to that. And thanks again. — Jeff Rogers.View attachment 527845 View attachment 527846 View attachment 527847 View attachment 527848 View attachment 527849 View attachment 527850

Here's one for ya!
Why I don't appendix carry

I only appendix carried for one whole day. All I could thing about the whole day was how much I liked my manhood and never wanted to lose it. Tossed the holster the next day. :)

Boy Howdy! Just thought I'd share more evidence that we are not alone. As mentioned before after I did mine the stories came out of the woodwork. My boss told me that she knew a guy who shot his hoo hoo and liked showing it off at parties after a few drinks.

Boy Howdy! Just thought I'd share more evidence that we are not alone. As mentioned before after I did mine the stories came out of the woodwork. My boss told me that she knew a guy who shot his hoo hoo and liked showing it off at parties after a few drinks.
In my world of psychology we call that disinhibition. Then again, I have shown my foot/ankle to anyone who wanted to see it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top