JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't read it yet... but AFAIK, many things happen depending on too many variables to provide any kind of consistent data set... beyond the obvious CNS hit between the eyes.

Will look forward to reading what the article has to say.

From the article regarding thugs and the ammo bad guys prefer to use. And I have underlined the type and made the type bold-I know it's wrong, but this information gave me a laugh.

Our hero walked into the ER with a towel pressed against his groin. I offered to at least let him sit down and he declined. He seemed lucid, calm and comfortable. He had been involved in a dispute over some fair lass and his opposite number had expressed his displeasure via 9mm High Point. The bullet had struck him in the left lower abdomen. There was no exit wound.

Thugs in my experience most typically shoot the cheapest ammo they can steal. In this case, it meant a 115-grain 9mm FMJ round. X-ray studies showed the bullet mashed into the guy's pelvis. The projectile had thoroughly perforated his bowel, but there did not seem to be any undue bleeding.

The surgical residents meandered about his entrails long enough to sew up the sundry holes and affix a bag into which he might poop. He would get his ostomy reversed at some point down the road and be back in the hood, ready to rumble. I first met the guy maybe 20 minutes after he had been shot in the groin with a 9mm parabellum round, and he felt fine.

At the time of our meeting in the ER, that guy could have bench pressed a log truck. He would certainly have died eventually in the absence of medical care, but he could have fomented a great deal of mischief for literally hours after the shooting. The lesson for the law-abiding armed American — use the good stuff and don't quit until your attacker knows he's done

I don't need to read that to know I do not want to get shot period. Even a .22 or 380 can cause catastrophic life threatening injuries.

Regan was hit by a ricocheted .22 and still suffered a broken rib, punctured lung, and serious internal bleeding.

Last Edited:
I don't need to read that to know I do not want to get shot period. Even a .22 or 380 can cause catastrophic life threatening injuries.
I think it was the author's effort to get published and get some gross pics published.

On the positive side, he does have a sense of humor. On the critique side, it's nothing we don't already know.

Here's a thread I started some years back...for some bullet reference...

Here's a thread I started some years back...for some bullet reference...

This was a good thread four years ago and it is still a good thread today for those interested in this sort of stuff. Thanks for reposting.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews