JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There IS one class of firearm where the police have to prove that you might NOT be a fit person - the ordinary shotgun, at least, an ordinary shotgun that does not hold more than three cartridges. In your application you state that you are fit person - if the police disagree with that assertion, they have to provide evidence in court to support their refusal to grant the certificate.

Apart from that one exception, ALL Section 1 [rifled] firearms require the applicant for a firearms certificate [FAC] to provide a 'good reason' - a legal term - as to why they should be 'granted permission to acquire and possess a firearm.'

MY 'good reason' is target shooting, so although I have a number of rifles that are perfectly suited to shooting game or pests, I'm not permitted to do it without jumping through the hoops to change my FAC accordingly.

I know it's hard for anybody not living here to comprehend how such a state might exist in a democracy, but even the 'right to defend yourself by the use of firearms', as determined in the 1698 Bill of rights, only dealt with protestants being allowed to defend themselves against the wiles of papacy. AAMOF, until well into the last century, anybody here could pay five shillings at a post office for a gun licence, and go buy and own just about anything you can think of, up and including a Thompson. that changed in the early '30s....

tac

arent butter knives illegal in UK?
DLLTbjKVAAASSEU.jpg

I believe Youtube just shut down Brownells channel this week also. Of all the channels they shut down the grandpa hunter of all channels.

arent butter knives illegal in UK?
View attachment 468538

It's not the object, it's the context and conditions in which they were found. Walking the streets in gangs, getting stopped by the Police, and being found in possession of a knife, even one like that, is an offence in the UK.

I carry a Leatherman all the day long, and have done for twenty-something years. But then, I live five miles out of town in a little village - no gangs, very little recorded crime of any kind, no drugs - that I know of - and nobody getting stabbed to death.

tac

It's not the object, it's the context and conditions in which they were found. Walking the streets in gangs, getting stopped by the Police, and being found in possession of a knife, even one like that, is an offence in the UK.

I carry a Leatherman all the day long, and have done for twenty-something years. But then, I live five miles out of town in a little village - no gangs, very little recorded crime of any kind, no drugs - that I know of - and nobody getting stabbed to death.

tac
I'm being facetious.

We're all headed down the toilet with most of our citizens screaming "Flush!Flush!Flush!" along the way.

Poor guy. Sounds like Steve Lee in Australia some years ago.. railroaded and disarmed by the powers for his pro-gun stance voiced over youtube..now he/they have to grovel and appease for any hope of ever having a gun ever again.

steveleeilikeguns

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads