JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Reactions
Happy New Years y'all!

Anyway, I'm still a year later having issues with the typing hiccups.

It only happens on this site, nowhere else.

IPhone 8 updated software.

Issues I experience:

I often will double (or triple) hit return to start a new paragraph and it will randomly move the cursor to another area of text and delete whole sections.

If I hit delete to delete a word, on the last letter it will delete the letter and then jump back the spaces to the word before and occasionally self capitalize.

Part of the reason I've not been very active is that it's a serious pain to type more then a sentence here for me because I'm constantly having to proof read and correct things multiple times....

Thanks for any help.

Same. Both iPhone and iPad running whatever latest software and safari on both.

If I go back to edit something, then try and double space as I like to do to show division of thoughts or paragraphs per thread. It will jump back and delete whatever I edited like a ghost memory bug or something.

Another strange but common glitch is the auto correct on the Apple device and the websites autocorrect do not like each other. That's the first issue really, as because of that I tend to go through my posts to make edits then the second glitch described above tends to occur.

I've been better at trying not to have to edit my posts, so as to avoid it altogether.

I heard that Apple is coming out with an Apple car shortly. Ironically, it will always have windows installed....

.....I'll be here all week. :s0023:

Same issue (random jumping cursor) on Samsung tablet. I thought it was maybe the cracked screen or Russians. Guess not.
Has been better lately, but just happened 15 minutes ago.

I got this issue too on my phone and it annoys the hell out of me or the slide up text box will push the page out of focus an its hard to tell where my cursor is.

Easier solution I found swap to laptop/desktop for now.

No idea what causes mobile end to be so finnicky.

I have this problem with my iPhone 8. I finally just went to the "memo" blank page and wrote out the message I wanted to post. Checked my typing and "cut" and "pasted" the "memo" to northwestfirearms message area. Not the best solution but it takes some of the frustration out of posting on sites that don't like my comments.

Buy Samsung.

My wife switched to I phone this summer. She hates it . We both have multiple generations of Samsung Galaxy phones prior to this.

No, I don't know what I'm talking about. Just relaying personal experience.

Yeah, ok. :D

Happy New Years y'all!

Anyway, I'm still a year later having issues with the typing hiccups.

It only happens on this site, nowhere else.

IPhone 8 updated software.

Issues I experience:

I often will double (or triple) hit return to start a new paragraph and it will randomly move the cursor to another area of text and delete whole sections.

If I hit delete to delete a word, on the last letter it will delete the letter and then jump back the spaces to the word before and occasionally self capitalize.

Part of the reason I've not been very active is that it's a serious pain to type more then a sentence here for me because I'm constantly having to proof read and correct things multiple times....

Thanks for any help.
Same. Both iPhone and iPad running whatever latest software and safari on both.

If I go back to edit something, then try and double space as I like to do to show division of thoughts or paragraphs per thread. It will jump back and delete whatever I edited like a ghost memory bug or something.

Another strange but common glitch is the auto correct on the Apple device and the websites autocorrect do not like each other. That's the first issue really, as because of that I tend to go through my posts to make edits then the second glitch described above tends to occur.

I've been better at trying not to have to edit my posts, so as to avoid it altogether.

I have been irritated by this very SNAFU for months on end. I think it started with the last big website system upgrade (or maybe it was the one before that)....

:confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads