JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Houston Police Department -

Gets Up & Walks Away After Being Shot Multiple Times By Houston Police

Reminder that if you have to stop someone, do it until they think they are stopped.
Whatever method you need to employ.

Houston PD News Release:

It took awhile to locate an article that actually reported the date of the incident that forced police to shoot Ronnie: April 5th. That article went on to say that he subsequently died in the hospital. Twelve days subsequently, since Ronnie's obit reflects date of death as April 17th.

Seems to me the bad guy was still a threat while he was exiting. He had a gun pointed at the patron on the left.
First four shots, justified.
Second string of four shots, questionable, but still justified in Texas after dark.
The one shot to the head at close range after taking the robber's pistol, done in anger and not justified.

Best hope that one of those first four shots had already killed the guy so the charge is desecration of a corpse instead of murder.

Yeah, sing it!
IF YOU WANNA PLAY IN TEXAS, YA GOTTA HAVE A FIDDLE IN THE BAND
IF YOU WANNA ROB IN TEXAS, YA GOTTA HAVE A PREPAID BURIAL PLAN

First four shots, justified.
Second string of four shots, questionable, but still justified in Texas after dark.
The one shot to the head at close range after taking the robber's pistol, done in anger and not justified.

Best hope that one of those first four shots had already killed the guy so the charge is desecration of a corpse instead of murder.
If he so much as twitched I'd have shot again. I can't say from the video that he didn't, but I certainly can't say he did.

If he so much as twitched I'd have shot again. I can't say from the video that he didn't, but I certainly can't say he did.
Kick him in the ribs to make sure that he is not faking it, ok. Even angrily kick the **** out of him, but the close up head shot plus fleeing the scene really complicates your defense if charged.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews