JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The homeowner told police that three masked black suspects broke through the front door and pistol-whipped him, causing injuries. "

Possible solutions:
Don't advertise that you have valuables/money in the house! And don't tell the media about it! :rolleyes:
Alarm to announce approaching visitors. $10 with coupon from Harbor Freight if on tight budget. Other alarm options are available.
Motion sensor light, perhaps with interior alarm.
Reinforce the door or replace it if it is not strong. Many devices are available to reinforce the door. Time required for a SWAT team to break down the door should be long enough for you to be ready. Occupants must be able to escape quickly if needed, check code requirements.
No glass in the door or within reach of the door lock. If there is, get rid of it. A tiny 2"x2" operable door to talk thru might be OK, but not within arms reach of the lock, and preferably with a grille of some kind - they make attractive ones.
Never open the door for anyone you don't know.
Consider window film, etc on lower level windows: (I have NO experience with this stuff and there are many manufacturers. Check fire codes also - don't create a trap inside the home.)
Keep CC within reach 24/7. When at home, no reason to have only one within reach - you may need to stop that SWAT team. ;)
Reinforce a walk-in closet or restroom so kids and non-combatants can go in, block the door, and call 911 quietly on their cell phones/HAM/ or FRS radio, etc while you do what is needed to stop the threat. You get the fun job. :)

Last Edited:
Texas home Invasion: 7 year old tortured in front of parents | The Modern Survivalist

"Once this reality sinks in and is fully assimilated then believe you me, you will no longer care for what's comfortable or what's cool. You will want effective killing tools. Several of them. You will want to master them and above all and most important, you will have the determination to use them.

Things like these, it's a daily occurrence in places like Buenos Aires. I've been living in that reality for more years than I care for. You know what we didn't talk about with like-minded people? How can I carry a smaller gun with less ammo. That's the kind of thing discussed by first worlders, people that down deep don't think they will ever need a gun."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top