JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are my absolute LAST knife purchases.. no more, nope nope!;)
First I snagged a CS smatchette for general camp use, never mind that the Old Woman pointed out (correctly, as it happens) that I have a plethora of good, useful and totally adequate knives- choppers, hackers, slicers.. etc.. but, there it was and the price was right and a rather large, written-off debt was paid off unexpectedly. Sooo... :D
And THEN, I saw a CS Natchez bowie in 0-1 steel, from Midway for less than $150 delivered- including a buck+ donation to the NRA, and something Ive coveted for years... soooo... I know you can see where this is leading:eek:...
The Natchez appeared the other day, and and and... :s0133: I am in awe.. biggest bowie Ive ever SEEN, much less owned and held and swung n stuff.. Havent taken it outside yet but I shall- God Willing!
Thankfully the Old Woman knows me well and can cut me some slack with my occasional departures from the rails...
Two observations- Unlike my first (C5) TrailMaster this knife is NOT "hair-popping sharp" and it came with a rather unsatisfactory plastic scabbard. I call it a scabbard, not a sheath, because it is hard and unbending like a sheath would, almost like a sword scabbard. It held the knife so TIGHT that I had to pry the mouth open:mad: with pliers to remove it. Had to pry it open permanently which is a bit unsightly but there it is, it maintains hold of the knife but will release it on demand now. Should have sent it back but was intending to make a sheath from saddle leather anyway, and I don't want to wait and monkey around with CS Department of Disgruntlement and Returns.
As far as the sharpness goes, I'll be touching this one up to get the shaving sharp edge I expect. This will be my last CS knife! Yes!:p
That said, Ive noticed some deals on some CS SK-5 and 0-1 Gurkha khukuris.. Course I have plenty of khuks in my selection already- but but but.. That dang ol Lynn Thompson keeps puttin them out there and if experience teaches me anything, if you LIKE a good product, get them before they quit makin them and the price goes thru the roof!
I openly and readily admit that I am a bladeaholic, I cannot help myself and that's all there is!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads