JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first hand instant gut reaction. Here in SW Oregon huge pot grows are becoming common. Big big $bucks$. Harvest is under way or will begin shortly. Legal grows and other. We are talking $millions$.

Could this be just a "show me" situation? Out of state "Enforcers" coming into Oregon to protect the big pot grows during the touchy final harvesting? Some grower demanding to see how "tough" an enforcer is?

"Kill me something to show how mean you are!" So some shooter shoots a prime Elk to prove he can drop the trigger on some living thing? A horrible first thought by me. I do hope I am dead wrong with this.

How many big grows, legal and otherwise, are there close to or somewhat close to the dead shot Elk? Occam's Razor. Pick the most simple solution to a problem? Are pot grows and dead Elk related?

OK - moving all the wolf debate to another thread as it is all far off topic of the ELK that were wantonly slaughtered and left to waste, shot and the hunter lost, or a combination of the two. Please stay on topic!

Thank you!

a lost kill is possible, but more than 1 in the same area is poaching. This has got to be some kind of thrill kill since no attempt to take any meat or antlers. Its really sad, and I read about this every year it happens. Worst case I ever heard of was upwards of 20 elk somewhere near Burnt Woods or maybe Eddyville, a few years ago.

I'm betting on thrill kills. Or a lazy hunter, shot one of these monsters and didn't have any idea what to do next. What a waste of natural resources.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top