JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a Lee turret press. Started with it for economy reasons. There are better presses for more accurate loads and faster presses for larger volumes of finished ammo. I have stepped up to a Dillon 650 but I still use my Lee for experimenting with new powders or just to put a small lot together. For a $100 investment I recommend it without hesitation.

If you're looking at a used "Spartan" it may not use the currently available shell holders. There were a lot of different types of shell holders used back when the Spartan first appeared.

As for the current Lyman Turret presses, they're as good as they get.

I started out with a Lee Turret press, was happy with it, then I upgraded to the Redding Turret. No comparison, the Redding is built like a tank.
If you can afford it, I highly recommend the Redding Turret, you won't regret it.

One overlooked alternative to the turret press is a Hornady LNL Classic or a good used RCBS with the Hornady LNL conversion.

The quick change die bushings allow for die changes almost as quickly as with a turret and also provide "adjust once" capability.

What's nice about the LNL bushings is that unlike a turret, you never run out of "positions" and can change calibers as quick as popping in a new shell holder and the appropriate die.

I've converted my 40 year old RCBS Rock Crusher and love this bushing system. Had considered a turret but the ~ $20 kit made those thoughts mere memories.

One of the advantages of a Lee turret press is the turret plates can be had for less than $10.00, at least that is what I paid for mine less than 5 months ago. They allow me to have every caliber I load for all set up. All I have to do is change out the plate and I am reloading a different caliber in less than a minute if you have a powder measure for each. It is a very handy setup IMHO, of course others are free to disagree.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top