JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a Lee turret press. Started with it for economy reasons. There are better presses for more accurate loads and faster presses for larger volumes of finished ammo. I have stepped up to a Dillon 650 but I still use my Lee for experimenting with new powders or just to put a small lot together. For a $100 investment I recommend it without hesitation.

If you're looking at a used "Spartan" it may not use the currently available shell holders. There were a lot of different types of shell holders used back when the Spartan first appeared.

As for the current Lyman Turret presses, they're as good as they get.

I started out with a Lee Turret press, was happy with it, then I upgraded to the Redding Turret. No comparison, the Redding is built like a tank.
If you can afford it, I highly recommend the Redding Turret, you won't regret it.

One overlooked alternative to the turret press is a Hornady LNL Classic or a good used RCBS with the Hornady LNL conversion.

The quick change die bushings allow for die changes almost as quickly as with a turret and also provide "adjust once" capability.

What's nice about the LNL bushings is that unlike a turret, you never run out of "positions" and can change calibers as quick as popping in a new shell holder and the appropriate die.

I've converted my 40 year old RCBS Rock Crusher and love this bushing system. Had considered a turret but the ~ $20 kit made those thoughts mere memories.

One of the advantages of a Lee turret press is the turret plates can be had for less than $10.00, at least that is what I paid for mine less than 5 months ago. They allow me to have every caliber I load for all set up. All I have to do is change out the plate and I am reloading a different caliber in less than a minute if you have a powder measure for each. It is a very handy setup IMHO, of course others are free to disagree.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top