JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting my tax return soon, and I'm definitely buying a new gun, but
I can't decide. Strictly for fun shooting, and I'm down to two options. I'm thinking either one of the police trade in Beretta 96's for like $350, or a WASR-10 AK. Any thoughts?

Well, if you get tired of toys and tend to trade off later the Beretta would be a good option, they're available in bucketloads now but like all the cheap stuff we've taken for granted, they'll dry up and get a value bump later. I think it really comes down to if you prefer rifle or handgun for range time, I tend to go to handguns more because....ok I'll be honest, I don't have to walk as far to setup the targets.

Main two things to consider, what do you already have, and what do you prefer to play with

I dunno... I feel like big refunds are for people who actually LIKE giving the government a year-long interest-free loan... :D

I used to carry NINE allowances on my w-4 so that I'd wind up paying the governments of the USA and Oregon.

It felt more like a theft that way.

However, in all seriousness, a $400 return argues for something like a Ruger LCR, a Kel-Tec PF-9, or a bunch of ammo in your chosen caliber. Spending it on a WASR is almost like putting the check on the coals in a fireplace since you can do so much better for an AK by saving up just a few hundred more dollars to get into a Saiga conversion, or at least something not hack sawed upon by drunken chimpanzees.

I've had a huge fed refund (over $5k) every year for at least the last 6 years and I take 11 exemptions on my W4.

No guns for me this year- money went straight to property tax fund and to replenish savings that got depleted from the 25% pay drop I took last year.

I used to carry NINE allowances on my w-4 so that I'd wind up paying the governments of the USA and Oregon.

It felt more like a theft that way.

However, in all seriousness, a $400 return argues for something like a Ruger LCR, a Kel-Tec PF-9, or a bunch of ammo in your chosen caliber. Spending it on a WASR is almost like putting the check on the coals in a fireplace since you can do so much better for an AK by saving up just a few hundred more dollars to get into a Saiga conversion, or at least something not hack sawed upon by drunken chimpanzees.

I'm getting more than $400 back this year, but don't want to spend more than about five on a new gun. Need some camping gear and to save a bit. The drunken chimpanzee comment talked me out of the WASR for sure though. Probably just going to go with the Beretta...after simply browsing the NW Armory for good deals.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top