JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Certainly you are free to do so and should have that freedom.

But when it comes to supporting legislation based on the dislike of this or that feature, that is at least counter productive and the result may be legislation being passed which does infringe on my rights.

People may not like guns or drugs or people marrying a person of the same gender, and that is their right. It is NOT their right to enact legislation to enforce that dislike on others.

To be clear, just so there is no misunderstanding, I am not in support of any legislation to ban any gun, gun accessory, type of ammo, etc. I'm only clarifying in case folks get the sense that I am in support of such things.

It is quite clear in that it covers any trigger modification intended/designed to increase the rate of fire. It unequivocally states that right there in the legislation. I also linked an example of a trigger sold by Geiselle that is not binary, but is intended to increase the rate of fire, as are many other triggers being sold for competition.

So it proves my point, not negates it - no matter how many times you say it does.
Again........no one has seen the proposed change.......you are reading the wrong information.

I have no personal use for the actual stocks, but I do see a use for the binary triggers. Some keep saying triggers are not covered, but every ban legislation I have seen specifically refers to them.
Yeh legislation you posted did NOT refer to triggers. Rea it again.

Binary triggers are a hack designed to circumvent the law. One pull must not result in more than one bullet.

It is quite clear in that it covers any trigger modification intended/designed to increase the rate of fire. It unequivocally states that right there in the legislation. I also linked an example of a trigger sold by Geiselle that is not binary, but is intended to increase the rate of fire, as are many other triggers being sold for competition.

So it proves my point, not negates it - no matter how many times you say it does.
No it does NOT say what you think it says.

Again........no one has seen the proposed change.......you are reading the wrong information.

I cited proposed state legislation as an example of what has been commonly referred to as a "bumpstock" ban.

I also asked for a citation of any proposed federal legislation or directive to the contrary. No one has posted anything in that regard because as you stated, no one here (as far as I know) has seen said proposals.

So in absence of that information, I can only assume that it would be similar to all other proposed or enacted legislation on the same issue, regardless of who is proposing it (I have little faith in any politician, regardless of which side they claim to be on - BTDT, got the knife in the back to show for it).

When you have evidence to the contrary beyond your assertions that Trump and the NRA are our friends (hah!), let me know. Until then, I assert it is safer to assume the worst.

I understand you assume the opposite. It does not matter to me; as I asserted, any gun control legislation is bad. All the more so when proposed by our "friends" in WA DC.

ronald-reagan.jpg

It should be clear to all by now that I am decidedly cynical about many things.

I have learned over the decades to be that way, especially when it comes to human interactions - of which I take interest in even though I am not a fan of human nature, just the opposite; I am more often disappointed in humans than I am otherwise.

Doubly so when it comes to people in any position of power. Triply so when speaking of positions of power in the government.

But what really and truly gets my goat, is the "mob" - i.e., the populace at large. I expect the people in power to be corrupt and to lie and cheat and steal. But I always hope that the populace will see them for what they are, and in general I am regularly disappointed.

I am not saying I am always right in that viewpoint - I wish I wasn't right so often. If people started just started thinking for themselves more often the world would be a better place. But we are so easily manipulated. :(

That is not just reality as I see it, I believe that is empirical reality as tested, time and time again. More often than not. I have no choice but to accept it - to do otherwise would be to deny the way the world really operates. Above all, I seek the truth, no matter where it leads me - it works better that way IMO.

S
As said before, this is not just about bumpstocks. Personally I do not like them, but I do support the right of any law abiding citizen to own them and I can see where they might be fun to some.

This is also about ANY device that will increase the rate of fire of a semi-auto. That includes triggers of various types. Probably will include non-binary triggers too.

If you had bothered to look at the text of any of the proposed or enacted laws to "ban bumpstocks" then you would know that. WA state SB 5992:

A trigger modification device is defined as any part or combination of parts, designed or intended to accelerate the rate of fire of a firearm, but does not convert the firearm into a machine gun, including:

any part, or combination of parts, designed or intended for use in modifying a firearm to use the recoil of the firearm to produce a rapid succession of trigger functions; or any part, or combination of parts, designed or intended for use in modifying a firearm to produce multiple trigger functions through the use of an external mechanism.

Effective July 1, 2018, it is unlawful for any person to manufacture or sell any trigger modification device.

Effective July 1, 2019, it is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in their possession or control a trigger modification device or to assemble or repair any trigger modification device.

All trigger modification devices are declared to be contraband and may be seized by law enforcement whenever found. The manufacture, sale, purchase or possession of a trigger modification device is a Class C felony and a Seriousness Level III. Using a trigger modification device in the commission or furtherance of a felony is a Class A felony and a Seriousness Level VII.

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bill Reports/Senate/5992 SBR LAW 18.pdf

It seems to me that we not only have to educate the people who don't own guns, but also those who DO own guns.:rolleyes:
That's only IF it passes into law. As of Feb 23rd, 2018 it has not.
Here is the link on the WA State SB5992
Washington State Legislature
Click on "bill status at a glance"
It shows where the bill is, at in the process currently.:cool:

Also the way I understand it, the bill is, supposed to be modified to bumpfire stocks, not triggers, because the original definition was too broad in the begining.

Last Edited:
S
That's only IF it passes into law. As of Feb 23rd, 2018 it has not.
Here is the link on the WA State SB5992
Washington State Legislature
Click on "bill status at a glance"
It shows where the bill is, at in the process currently.:cool:

Also the way I understand it, the bill is, supposed to be modified to bumpfire stocks, not triggers, because the original definition was too broad in the begining.

The point is that this is an example of what is being pushed as a "bumpfire stock" ban - what I was trying to get across to people is that legislators are not so dumb this time around; they are going after any device that increases the rate of fire of a firearm, not just silly sliding stocks.

As you noted, that makes the target much larger - which is what I am saying - that makes it a much broader issue that affects a lot more people in many more ways that some seem to be ignoring (some purposely).

I used to respect this man..... sorry trey....not anymore

Seems one by one, Republicans, supposed allies, are caving. I knew the Republicans could be turncoats, turns out some we thought were hard on our side, aren't. Looks like they all prefer to bow to the master of government. Time to start replacing them with real conservatives. Some of these folks just got too much RINO/Swamp in them.

Seems one by one, Republicans, supposed allies, are caving. I knew the Republicans could be turncoats, turns out some we thought were hard on our side, aren't. Looks like they all prefer to bow to the master of government. Time to start replacing them with real conservatives. Some of these folks just got too much RINO/Swamp in them.

They all prefer to be in power.

Power corrupts. That is why we need term limits. That is also why some of the GOP have been resigning/retiring. They could only stomach so much of Trumps bovine fecal matter.

They all prefer to be in power.

Power corrupts. That is why we need term limits. That is also why some of the GOP have been resigning/retiring. They could only stomach so much of Trumps bovine fecal matter.

The argument against term limits is always the same - elections and the voters are the term limits, and while there is some truth to that, it ignores another truth - voters are as addicted to leaving their reps in power as the reps are in staying there. I would LOVE to have solid term limits. I could see up to 3 terms in the house, 2 terms in the senate and, of course, 2 terms as president. I just wish the founders would have seen fit to secure that in the constitution.

If you have a rep that is working for you he should stay there working for you. The ultimate term limit are the voters.

I don't have any reps or senators working for me. I'm superceded by the majority of voters that prefer the exact opposite of what I want. So I'm stuck, unless I move to another state. Oregon has gone too far left to allow any sensible people in Washington.

I don't have any reps or senators working for me. I'm superceded by the majority of voters that prefer the exact opposite of what I want. So I'm stuck, unless I move to another state. Oregon has gone too far left to allow any sensible people in Washington.

My senators are dimwits but my reps good. Only way to get power in the Congress is through seniority so I'm fine with rewarding good behavior with additional time in the seat. Lots of folks in this country have good representation that work for them and us. Kick the good ones out and you are left with folks who dont know what theyre doing being led by no one or even worse by imbeciles.

My senators are dimwits but my reps good. Only way to get power in the Congress is through seniority so I'm fine with rewarding good behavior with additional time in the seat. Lots of folks in this country have good representation that work for them and us. Kick the good ones out and you are left with folks who dont know what theyre doing being led by no one or even worse by imbeciles.

I see arguments both ways. The question is, how many are good, how many are bad? Seems to me that more are bad than good, so I see value in getting the slime out - the ones that want to sit there and make a career personally benefiting from a life spent in congress.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top