JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do fund healthcare for 5 people. I can't fund it for 300,000,000 more. I pay for it by trading hours of my life doing stuff I dont really want to be doing. This generates enough revenue for my employer that they compensate me with things like healthcare and money.

The government can't run decent healthcare for our veterans, so it's a mystery why anyone thinks they could do it for everyone.

Agree 100% here. also, if you engage in any other activities that can cause harm, like riding a motorcycle, maybe scuba dive, or maybe even owning a sports car.:rolleyes:
or owning guns? since you could possibly harm yourself with it! You're kidding aren't you. And a stipulation to loose healthcare if you make poor eating decisions??? Have we forgotten what country we are in? EVERYTHING here is poor, in the food department.

It's not a gun issue, it's a mental health issue!!!
That's what we all need to be telling fence sitters and the uninformed voter.

I said that recently and was told that I was an ignorant racist hater and responsible for mass shootings. Life in AntiFaLand. Being related to people in their 20's who live and think like they are 12...

Our entitlements are already bankrupting us. Until we get a balanced budget we don't need to add anymore lifetime expenses.

My old job did this. You got a credit for being in shape that basically = your payment.

Not saying I agree with it at a federal level, but its an interesting idea.

The interesting part of this is "risk mitigation". Who wants to give the Gov the job of assessing risks for health bennies?

Not me. That power would go south really quick. Just like the FBI and NSA are supposed to be unbiased, yet look at the last few years... the individuals in charges of risk assessment would become weaponized to fit a narrative.

Well, after reading that single sided article from MSN, I think the NRA could use a financial boost. Wounded they might be, but they're still in the fight and gun owners need to support that fight for our constitutional rights...
You've got the right idea about the NRA! Their Credit Card isn't the Best deal but we've decided it's time to Shop and Show our Support for the 2nd Amendment. We basically only use Cash as Tip money so Stamping it really is NOT going to be Showing the Retailer how we feel. I do think the Credit Card will! KKG

The only thing missing from that piece of sh..... um, article, is how the evil racist NRA used it's mind control powers, making Trump spew its brown and black baby murdering propaganda.
Ray

Yah, New Joke Times. "NRA makes Trump back down"... same old song.

I'll agree to funding healthcare when it comes with the stipulation that you lose your "right to healthcare" for making poor dietary decisions. You can eat your way to the grave for all I care, but if we're going to pay for it as a society, then you need to shoulder the responsibility to stay in shape.

And that's why the govt should never be in charge of anything not in the enumerated powers. As soon as the bureaucrats have the power, they start telling people how to live. The exception is welfare, can't touch the welfare queens!

But food nazi's are OK??? I don't think so!!!

Study Utilitarian Medical Ethics... in a system where health care winds up being in short supply, you comply or die, or in the usual case, if you are no longer contributing to the state, they let you die. It's real... you can check it for yourself.

Our entitlements are already bankrupting us. Until we get a balanced budget we don't need to add anymore lifetime expenses.

Never. Never never ever! I'm not ceding the gov the right to tell me what to eat, how much to weigh, and how much I have to exercise!!!!

Yah, New Joke Times. "NRA makes Trump back down"... same old song.

And that's why the govt should never be in charge of anything not in the enumerated powers. As soon as the bureaucrats have the power, they start telling people how to live. The exception is welfare, can't touch the welfare queens!

But food nazi's are OK??? I don't think so!!!

Study Utilitarian Medical Ethics... in a system where health care winds up being in short supply, you comply or die, or in the usual case, if you are no longer contributing to the state, they let you die. It's real... you can check it for yourself.

Never. Never never ever! I'm not ceding the gov the right to tell me what to eat, how much to weigh, and how much I have to exercise!!!!

Nah, you misunderstand me. Maybe I should have used a wink smiley.

I don't want the fed involved in healthcare. In having this discussion with others (and there are a great many in PDX who *do* want fed healthcare), I have yet to run into one who would sign on to government mandated eating schemes. Especially in this foodie city. This argument is my entry point for these people into libertarian thinking. It's workin' alright so far.

Nah, you misunderstand me. Maybe I should have used a wink smiley.

I don't want the fed involved in healthcare. In having this discussion with others (and there are a great many in PDX who *do* want fed healthcare), I have yet to run into one who would sign on to government mandated eating schemes. Especially in this foodie city. This argument is my entry point for these people into libertarian thinking. It's workin' alright so far.

Yah, I took you at your word when you wrote that you would compromise "if". My first thought was: "I'll never compromise on that, especially under those circumstances." The thing is that while you may think it dissaudes those others, I've heard or read people propose exactly what you mentioned. It's scary. It's a tenet of Utilitarian Medical Ethics!!

Not sure if the winky thing would have worked to offset that... the concept is just too terrifying... maybe a "just kidding". :D

Last Edited:
Yah, I took you at your word when you wrote that you would compromise "if". My first thought was: "I'll never compromise on that, especially under those circumstances." The thing is that while you may think it dissaudes those others, I've heard or read people propose exactly what you mentioned. It's scary. It's a tenent of Utilitarian Medical Ethics!!

Not sure if the winky thing would have worked to offset that... the concept is just too terrifying... maybe a "just kidding". :D
I mean, the whole thing is basically ripped from 1984. I guess it is somewhat scary that there are those that have read it and think it's a book about a utopian future. (Spoiler alert: it's a dystopian novel).

Where my suppressors at?

I would recommend you check the round circular file in Wayne's office. That would be the same place he filed the national reciprocity legislation. Or, maybe it's filed in the round circular file at a bimbo's apartment, which is allegedly subsidized by NRA dues.

Maybe a good thing to do is Twitter, fb, instagram or by any other means telling the NRA and Trump and statesman about this issue and don't do it just once do every few weeks. (Might want to change it up a little each time so they don't think it's a robot generated message) That it is a mental health issue not a gun issue and tell them to pass it on also. Tell the NRA to advertise this issue heavily. Tell them how you want them to use your money that you gave them to support your A2 right. Can't hurt.

Where my suppressors at?
Amen!

I know where mine is at. I'm just waiting for it to be released, also waiting another stamp.

Let's see... how well did the HPA work out? Carrot on a really long stick and the stick is just getting longer.

This argument is my entry point for these people into libertarian thinking. It's workin' alright so far.

What is quoting Murray Rothbard and diving right into voluntaryism too hardcore to start with? :p

Guess it's as good a start as any. I start with Bastiat's the law. It was a good pamphlet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top