JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A strobe/laser light show... And that doesn't count as harrassment??? 🤔
Yes. Yes, I know. I'm currently the one being harrassed... by those infernal mutts...

View attachment 1202792
My co worker is going through something similar with their neighbors. He said that he uses a pen laser to make the dog constantly jump up and bang on their back door until they let the dog in. Just another thought. As far as harassment goes, the officer tag came to my house, same one who did nothing the first several times, said that as long as I was only using the lights to look for "active" noises then I'm on, ymmv.

Become the guy you 'need' to be in order to fix the situation and stay within the confines of the law...call and gripe to the owner/landlord; you can do it. I have had similar problems, very similar. I outlasted the renters as they defaulted on their payments and were eventually made to move. I agree that they (the dog owners) are not cooperative and should not be contacted again. They don't care about you or your community, or dogs at all.

I have another situation of this occurring again and I think it is the new owners of a proximal property. I talked to their neighbor who is having difficulty with dogs left outside unattended and continual barking, cry barking, just tortured animals screaming out...difficult; I wish I had an owner to call...Do It!

I remember this thread.. didn't re-read but I think he wound up moving.. otherwise someone was going to die..

Become the 'guy to go gripe to the landlord' ...that is a potential avenue to resolve; you can do that and it might be that the landlord/owner of the property has no idea what is going on and would be delighted to know about the situation. Learning to ask for help is hard to do sometimes, but it is a good lesson to learn. And, you have asked local authorities... The people/entities you are asking are not able to help you...you asked them...yes, it should not happen, yes, the entities you asked should/could do something...keeping asking until you succeed. Contacting the owners of the property won't affect you gun rights whatsoever.

So, six months have gone by. Time to update this thread...

When we last saw our intrepid hero, he was at his wit's end dealing with his asshat neighbors and their stoopit phuq'n barking dogs. But wait! There's more!

Just 6 short weeks after the last post above, these assclowns decided to have a huge backyard party, complete with live band, amplifiers, alcohol, etc. It started at around 3 pm on July 2, a Saturday. I figured it was an early 4th of July celebration, so I decided I was going to let them party undeterred, and just deal with it for as long as I could, assuming it wouldn't go too long into the night. Well, guess what? Yup, you guessed it. 10 PM... 11 PM... Midnight... 1 AM... 2 AM... My neighbors, trying to put their kids to sleep (usual bedtime for them is 9 PM) call the cops repeatedly. I, too, call the cops every hour on the hour, starting at 10. Basically, we got nothing. It would quiet down, then 5-10 minutes later, it'd ramp right back up again. No joy... Finally quieted down around 3 AM. :rolleyes:

Fast-forward 4 weeks to the 30th of July, and another loud, raucous party, again with amplified music. More calls to the police by me and the neighbors on all sides of these disrespectful, boorish assclowns. Again, it quiets down a few minutes, and then ramps back up. This party goes on until 4 AM Sunday morning...

Now, it's Sunday evening, the 31st, and they're at it again! Everybody calls the cops again, but this time, something's different... At 8:50 PM, I hear the music suddenly stop. Dead off! I go out on my back patio to assess the situation. I hear some young Latina woman running around on the other side of my back fence yelling at all her Latina friends, "C'mon! We gotta go! We gotta get outta here! They're arresting people in the front yard!"

Arresting people? Really? Oh, that's grand! Phuq'n FINALLY the cops are doig something about this shiit! I stand out there for 5-10 minutes listening to the panic across the fence, when my phone in my pocket starts ringing. I answer it, and am having a hard time hearing the person on the other end, what with all the commotion of arrests just across the fence. I final make out, "Is this Mr. ____________?"

"Yes, this is he."

"This is Officer Carol ___________ of the KPD. Are you at home right now? I'm on your front porch and would like to speak with you if that's all right..."

I jump back inside and head out to the front porch, where I'm greeted with an attractive member of the KPD, anxiously waiting to talk with me. She informs me that the renter and the landlord (who apparently was present for the party) are at this moment being arrested and transported to the Benton County Justice Center to "spend the night until the judge comes in tomorrow morning..."

"Arrested? Really? Wow, it's about time!"

"Well, we have several months worth of records and calls now, so we can actually do something about this now.'

I'll dispense with the talk of why it took so long for something to happen and all that, but just wanted to say that those two asshats got to spend a cool night in jail, after being arrested and perp-walked out to the cruisers in front of their party guests. Sweet revenge!

Turns out Officer Carol and her husband had lateraled to the Tri-Cities from Seattle in October of 2021, after having had enough of the hatred from the people they were paid to serve. She said the treatment she and her hubster get from residents here in Kennewick is totally awesome and completely the opposite of what they experienced in Seattle, and they're so glad they quit SPD and moved to eastern WA.

Things got quiet as church mice with these asshats behind me after that, for about 3 whole months, until about 3 weeks ago... Those stoopit phuq'n dogs are back again. They showed up right around Halloween. I thought they'd leave in a few days like they've done before. It seems they show up every few months, as if the owner leaves town and they dump them on these asshats to be dog-sitters while they're gone. The asshats just throw the dogs out in the backyard all day, with no interaction or involvement, and the dogs get bored. We all know what dogs do when they get bored. I've got dirt dug up and shoveled underneath my fence that blocks and plugs up my sprinklers, and those mutts just sit out back all day long and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark at absolutely nothing at all.

So, I thought about calling Officer Carol's friends again, but my track record with getting the cops to do anything about dog barking has been less than stellar, even though I have the benefit of these assclowns having been carted off to jail once already for disturbing the peace and repose of the neighborhood. Officer Carol told me that now that they've been arrested once, it will be easier to enforce ordinances upon them going forward. But I thought I'd spare the asshats a trip to jail for Thanksgiving. WTH, I'm in a holiday mood... call me a charitable guy... :)

So, I finally broke down and spent the dough on one of those high-end, ultrasonic dog silencers like @catfishmoon suggested. The Good Life Dog Silencer MAX... It arrived this past weekend. I'm leaving in two days for the West Side for Thanksgiving with the ex and kids, so I haven't bothered to set it up and test it, since I won't be here to adjust it and monitor for results. But next week, it goes live...
:s0120:

Stay tuned...

Last Edited:
So, six months have gone by. Time to update this thread...

When we last saw our intrepid hero, he was at his wit's end dealing with his asshat neighbors and their stoopit phuq'n barking dogs. But wait! There's more!

Just 6 short weeks afte rthe last post above, these assclowns decided to have a huge backyard party, complete with live band, amplifiers, alcohol, etc. It started at around 3 pm on July 2, a Saturday. I figured it was an early 4th of July celebration, so I decided I was going to let them party undeterred, and just deal with it for as long as I could, assuming it wouldn't go too long into the night. Well, guess what? Yup, you guessed it. 10 PM... 11 PM... Midnight... 1 AM... 2 AM... My neighbors, trying to put their kids to sleep (usual bedtime for them if 9 PM) call the cops repeatedly. I, too, call the cops every hour on the hour, starting at 10. Basically, we got nothing. It would quiet down, then 5-10 minutes later, it'd ramp right back up again. No joy... Finally quieted down around 3 AM. :rolleyes:

Fast-forward 4 weeks to the 30th of July, and another loud, raucous party, again with amplified music. More calls to the police by me and the neighbors on all sides of these disrespectful, boorish assclowns. Again, it quiets down a few minutes, and then ramps back up. This party goes on until 4 AM Sunday morning...

Now, it's Sunday evening, the 31st, and they're at it again! Everybody calls the cops again, but this time, something's different... At 8:50 PM, I hear the music suddenly stop. Dead off! I go out on my back patio to assess the situation. I hear some young Latina woman running around on the other side of my back fence yelling at all her Latina friends, "C'mon! We gotta go! We gotta get outta here! They're arresting people in the front yard!"

Arresting people? Really? Oh, that's grand! Phuq'n FINALLY the cops are doig something about this shiit! I stand out there for 5-10 minutes listening to teh panic across the fence, when my phone in my pocket starts ringing. I answer it, and am having a hard time hearing the person on the other end, what with all the commotion of arrests just across the fence. I final make out, "Is this Mr. ____________?"

"Yes, this is he."

"This is Officer Carol ___________ of the KPD. Are you at home right now? I'm on your front porch and would like to speak with you if that's all right..."

I jump back inside and head out to the front porch, where I'm greeted with an attractive member of the KPD, anxiously waiting to talk with me. She informs me that the renter and the landlord (who apparently was present for the party) are at this moment being arrested and transported to the Benton County Justice Center to "spend the night until the judge comes in tomorrow morning..."

"Arrested? Really? Wow, it's about time!"

"Well, we have several months worth of records and calls now, so we can actually do something about this now.'

I'll dispense with the talk of why it took so long for something to happen and all that, but just wanted to say that those two asshats got to spend a cool night in jail, after being arrested and perp-walked out to the cruisers in front of their party guests. Sweet revenge!

Turns out Officer Carol and her husband had lateraled to the Tri-Cities from Seattle in October of 2021, after having enough of the hatred from the people they were paid to serve. She said the treatment she and her hubster get from residents here in Kennewick is totally awesome and completely the opposite of what they experienced in Seattle, and they're so glad they quit SPD and moved to eastern WA.

Things got quiet as church mice with these asshats behind me after that, for about 3 whole months, until about 3 weeks ago... Those stoopit phuq'n dogs are back again. They showed up right around Halloween. I thought they'd leave in a few days like they've done before. It seems they show up every few months, as if the owner leaves town and they dump them on these asshats to be dog-sitters while they're gone. The asshats just throw the dogs out in the backyard all day, with no interaction or involvement, and the dogs get bored. We all know what dogs do when they get bored. I've got dirt dug up and shoveled underneath my fence that blocks and plugs up my sprinklers, and those mutts just sit out back all day long and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark at absolutely nothing at all.

So, I thought about calling Officer Carol's friends again, but my track record with getting the cops to do anything about dog barking has been less than stellar, even though I have the benefit of these assclowns having been carted off to jail once already for disturbing the peace and repose of the neighborhood. Officer Carol told me that now that they've been arrested once, it will be easier to enforce ordinances upon them going forward. But I thought I'd spare the asshats a trip to jail for Thanksgiving. WTH, I'm in a holiday mood... call me a charitable guy... :)

So, I finally broke down and spent the dough on one of those high-end, ultrasonic dog silencers like @catfishmoon suggested. The Good Life Dog Silencer MAX... It arrived this past weekend. I'm leaving in two days for the West Side for Thanksgiving with the ex and kids, so I haven't bothered to set it up and test it, since I won't be here to adjust it and monitor for results. But next week, it goes live...
:s0120:

Stay tuned...
Should have called the Cops. You and your neighbors put up with a lot to get to the point where LE can finally do something. They've done measurable damage to your property. Start documenting it for later use at their trial. As you would put it, phuq 'em.

Should have called the Cops. You and your neighbors put up with a lot to get to the point where LE can finally do something. They've done measurable damage to your property. Start documenting it for later use at their trial. As you would put it, phuq 'em.
Oh, there's still going to be legal action. The jury is still out on that, as they say. When I filed the affidavit for the parties, I amended it with all of the dog barking records that the Animal Control L00zrz did nothing about. More fuel for the fire, as Officer Carol said. I just wasn't ready to send them to jail again, especially not during Thanksgiving week. I'm really a nice guy, if you knew me... :s0140:

those mutts just sit out back all day long and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and bark
Yeah, but do they bark?

Now that you have the law's attention I would leverage the PISS out of it. Report right away every single time and ideally have the neighbors do the same. If they get jailed/visited enough they will probably move. All hands on deck max reporting is the method I would use now. Feel free to ignore.

"Being nice" to those disrespecting you will only lead to more of the same. Judge the situation as if it were someone else, you would want them to stand up for their rights and not take that crap, right?

Or alternatively I heard about a new anti-bark product. ;)
BB8417C9-5CF6-432C-89AB-38A7A526B081.jpeg

Last Edited:
So did it work??
See original 11/21/22 update, the relevant portion of which is copied below. You must not have read all the way to the end...
I'm leaving in two days for the West Side for Thanksgiving with the ex and kids, so I haven't bothered to set it up and test it, since I won't be here to adjust it and monitor for results. But next week, it goes live...

See original 11/21/22 update, the relevant portion of which is copied below. You must not have read all the way to the end...
Looking forward to hearing if it works. This is a fairly common thing. If that works for you I will suggest it to others who have this. Working nights all my life I have had a few times when a dog that would bark non stop was a PITA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top