JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Call the listed owner of the property. Offer to buy the property at 25% of market. And hold the phone out so owner can hear the dogs. Tell owner you want to buy the property so you can kick the renters out and have some peace and quiet.

Edit. If they say f off because your offer is too low, kindly inform them that its that low because of the renters disrupting the neighborhood, and that because AC and PD won't do anything, no one wants to keep paying their mortgages while the value keeps dropping due to the trash.

I would contact whom ever the land lord might be, and make sure they understand just how big this is and just how far you are willing to go! I would also recommend having the neighbors contact the land lord and give them an ear full as well, this bullsh!t needs to stop!
Beyond that, there are other actions you can take but would also involve a lengthy period of evidence gathering!

Call the listed owner of the property. Offer to buy the property at 25% of market. And hold the phone out so owner can hear the dogs. Tell owner you want to buy the property so you can kick the renters out and have some peace and quiet.

Edit. If they say f off because your offer is too low, kindly inform them that its that low because of the renters disrupting the neighborhood, and that because AC and PD won't do anything, no one wants to keep paying their mortgages while the value keeps dropping due to the trash.
Next door on one side of me are renters, but they are sane. They are also moving out because of this shiit. Neighbors on the other side of me just bought last year, so I assume a mortgage there, but they have a basset hound that barks a lot, but not nearly as much as these three currs, and they corral the hound when he starts to sound off. So I don't think they'd be on board with this approach since they might (reasonably) fear that the tables could eventually be turned on them.

Last Edited:
I would contact whom ever the land lord might be, and make sure they understand just how big this is and just how far you are willing to go! I would also recommend having the neighbors contact the land lord and give them an ear full as well, this bullsh!t needs to stop!
See my reply to CamoDeafie above.
Beyond that, there are other actions you can take but would also involve a lengthy period of evidence gathering!
Yeah, I've been there, done that, as previously explained.

I think the hypersonic device and calling the landlord (if he is one) are the paths to take. Thanks for all of the input.

I wonder if the arses have any formal lease contracts signed.... could ask landlord if he has contracts and how many renters on the contracts, maybe ask for copy of lease agreement rules that the renters agreed to... may have to go to civil court if landlord won't enforce compliance with local ordinances?

You could try putting a delicious smelling treat on your side of the fence and once the dogs dig under or push through the fence to gain access to your side then your options may option up.

Whatever you do, don't call the ATF and provide an anonymous tip about a ghost gun operation.

I kid, I kid...
I worry that these folks might be involved in illicit activities, which prevents me from confronting them directly, after my earlier discourse with them back in September of 2020, which didn't go well, as you may have already read. The property sold almost 2 years ago for $1/2 million for a 1/2-acre lot with 2-story home, shop, outbuilding, and pool. An awful lot of young folks seem to hang around here and have raucous parties. Just wondering, if they are the actual buyers, where folks that young, in a town like this (not a big city with high-paying jobs), get the kind of scratch to get into a property like this, without dealing in nefarious activities or substances.

I don't want to end up in a landfill by making too much trouble for them or more likely their superiors. It's a known fact that gangs have infiltrated the Tri and we are no longer immune to the activities that may soon turn us into just another Crakima. Makes more sense the the retired USMC LTC may actually be the owner, and these are just renters. Something to explore...

The dogs are just a symptom of the real problem
Yes, the actual problem is borne of the human inhabitants of the property. They have been nothing but disrespectful boors and loud drunks/druggies ever since moving in in July of 2020. The tranquility in this neighborhood began a downward slide immediately upon their arrival. Literally, the very first weekend they moved in, there was a massive backyard pool party that went well into the early morning hours of the next day. It was around 5 am when the last beer bottles broke and profanities were yelled at someone over there.

Last Edited:
First off, apologies to all of you out there that have dogs that are trained and behaved...

rant/
The asshat "neighbors" are at it again. For the past two weekends, plus all week in between, they've left their barking, yowling, whining, crying, yelping mutts (3 of them!) abandoned in their backyard with no one home to do a damned thing about it. I am at my wit's end. I have a conference call to Nairobi at 0630 tomorrow, and I can't get a lick of sleep. It's been like this since Friday the 6th, when those assmutts got dropped off and left.

The cops won't do anything. They say it's Animal Control's job. Animal Control won't do anything without months and months of recorded data on their cute little forms of each and every date, time, location, and duration of each particular dog barking. Can't kill 'em, no one takes them inside or quiets them, and I'm out of options. I have zero quality of life, I can't even use my backyard, being barked and snarled at constantly through the fence. It's a PITA to try and grill and I feel like a damned burglar in my own backyard with "Security" lighting off every time I even open my back door. My neighborhood sucks now because of these disrespectful assclowns and their dogs. Yet, if I call them out on it, then I'm a racist and must check my white privilege.

They are barking at absolutely nothing right now... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

/rant

Can one get a restraining order on dogs? o_O
Well you could always sue the owners. They sound like the type that would let you win by default.

Quick search gave me this info: https://oregonlitigationattorney.com/lawsuit-for-nuisance-in-oregon/

Only problem is, it costs money. Lawyers and such.

elsie

Some of the worst neighbors I've ever had were children of the property owner, who lived elsewhere. Contacting the owner of the building is a great idea. They may have no clue what you're going through.
Given that the purported owner of the property is a retired person, it may well be the case that he has provided this dwelling to his demonspawn.
That could prove disastrous...

Sobo I was looking at another website and saw an interesting ad and wondered if you had posted it. It said "I need to re-home a dog . Its a small terrier and tends to bark a lot. If you are interested let me know and I'll jump over my neighbors fence and get it for you". :p:D

Early on, shortly after they moved in in July of 2020, we had an exchange about one of the dogs. At 0130 hrs one Sunday morning in September of 2020, I was told in no uncertain terms, "Shut up and go back to sleep, old man!" I replied, "That would be much easier if you were to quiet that dog." I was treated to additional invectives and some profanity, so I decided trying to have a dialog with these "people" would not bear any fruit. I got the impression from that single encounter that the inhabitants are not in the mood to discuss their boorishness and disrespectfulness in a manner that might yield positive results for all concerned.

The people are asshats, as I just described above. No surprise the dogs are a bunch of undisciplined currs.

The dogs cannot enter my property unless they break down the wooden fence that separates us, although the mutts do indeed attempt this whenever I or my cat venture into my backyard. These currs throw themselves against the fence and bark incessantly whenever I go onto my back porch, or my cat decides to go outside to do her business and cat things. The neighbor to my west has also complained and called the cops, but she got the same response I have been getting. She even took iPhone video of the one dog wining and yelping due to abandonment in the yard, but the KPD and AC did not act upon it. Nobody in a position of authority or having jurisdiction appears to want to do their job. KPD does not seem to want to enforce KMC Ordinance #5894, Unnecessary Noise, Section 9.52.030, Paragraph 2 (a) through (g). Yes, I've looked it up and read it. They routinely violate all 7 of those subparagraphs.

Not happening. I would be tempted to "indoctrinate" it with "something"...

It's not about escaping. It's about incessant and uncontrolled barking and other senseless noisemaking.

Sorry.
I was trying to offer solutions of one kind or another.

Best of luck.

What a F'ing mess! From what you have done it sounds like basically 2 options. File complaints and get neighbors to do the same so often they may do something , or go to court. The lawyer to sue is of course not cheap but sounds like there may be no other "legal" option at this point sadly. :(

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top