JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do y'all feel about the poop situation?

My neighborhood is generally homes on 7500-9000 sq ft lots, and I used to have an issue with dog poop. I got a camera system and figured out whose dogs were guilty and that issue was solved.

However, prior to solving the doggy poo identities, when I would find poo in my yard, I would fling it into the middle of the street.
That seems to piss off my neighbors.
I had one complain to me that his kids play in the street and I was being a jerk.
Anyways, it turned out his dog was on video pooping in my yard, and he has since prevented it, but I think he still resents me.

Now, I ask, WTF am I, as someone who doesn't own dogs, supposed to do with someone else's dog poop?
Last time I had a dog I was a kid, and we NEVER did this thing of allowing our dogs to poop on someone's property then pick it up with a bag. We used to "potty" the dog before taking it anywhere. And where we lived, we'd just fling the poo over the fence onto undeveloped property (hey y'all that was way back when! No judging) .

But I resent, that people with backyards think that doggy potty time is walking the dog to a neighbor's property so it can poo, pee or diarrhea on someone else's grass. Even if they pick up solid poo, it's still disgusting and the pee and diarrhea can't be bagged out.

I don't want my trash can fouled by poo as it bakes in the sun, so what do my offended neighbors think I should do about it?
I went to mt. tabor park a few summers ago.. it smelled like d s everywhere.

My next door neighbor came over once and kindly said: "I don't want to be "THAT" neighbor, but I work from home and when your dog barks during the day, it's horribly distracting and interrupting. I can't think and can't work. There were 2 reasons the dog barked.

1st) because I was feeding the birds and in addition to the birds: the squirrels, and also the rats that lived under her hot tub, were feasting all day long when they could get to the feeder.

2nd) My dog is a hunting dog and they don't breed them if they don't "bark up a tree". That is, when you are in the deep woods and the dog gets on a scent, they take off and tree whatever they are on. At that point they might be over in the next county and barking is considered a positive, and critically important, feature. They literally don't breed them if they don't bark.

Now, I'm not talking about barking all day. Only when the squirrels got near the feeder. The rats didn't get barked at but at times were caught and killed in a flurry of fury. Anyway, the very next day the bird food was gone and I had a bark collar on her and it's worked perfectly. I went over and thanked her for asking so nicely, told her that the collar had an adjustment feature and just let me know if I ever needed to increase the sensitivity. She checked back in a few days later and thanked me, saying it was working perfectly.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Compare and contrast my neighbor at the coast. Young kid, but a good guy, has a beautiful German Shepard that barked incessantly all day while he's at work. The story I heard is that someone wrapped some rat poison up in hamburger and tossed it over the fence. The dudes girlfriend happened to be over visiting and saw the person, but didn't recognize him or understand what had occurred until her beautiful (and non-barking) Golden Retriever had eaten the burger. Pup got it's stomach pumped and survived and now the German Shepard is an inside dog during the day. Everybody's happy again.

Good luck!
You're a good neighbor and a considerate person. This is how things like this should work, on both sides.

I'm not a dog person, but my daughter got one about three years ago. I grew up on the farm, where dogs are farm animals more than pets, and absolutely outside animals. Her dog is mostly inside, which to me is a big nuisance, but he's grown on me and we get along fine.

He's always going in an out, and barks at the door from each side. I'm always telling my family not to let him bark that way, as it seems I'm the only one really paying attention and concerned with not bothering the neighbors. I asked my closest neighbor one day if the barking bothered him, especially since they're early to bed people. He said not at all. They hear him once in a while, but he just politely barks once at the door, waits a minute, and barks again, until someone lets him in.

We did once get a letter from the local PD, saying that we'd been reported for a barking dog, and that if it happened again we'd be fined. Funny thing is, that was several years before we had a dog. I stopped by the police department and told them they had the wrong address. I could tell she thought I was lying, but I suppose that 95% of the people walking through the door are there to lie to them.

You're a good neighbor and a considerate person. This is how things like this should work, on both sides.

I'm not a dog person, but my daughter got one about three years ago. I grew up on the farm, where dogs are farm animals more than pets, and absolutely outside animals. Her dog is mostly inside, which to me is a big nuisance, but he's grown on me and we get along fine.

He's always going in an out, and barks at the door from each side. I'm always telling my family not to let him bark that way, as it seems I'm the only one really paying attention and concerned with not bothering the neighbors. I asked my closest neighbor one day if the barking bothered him, especially since they're early to bed people. He said not at all. They hear him once in a while, but he just politely barks once at the door, waits a minute, and barks again, until someone lets him in.

We did once get a letter from the local PD, saying that we'd been reported for a barking dog, and that if it happened again we'd be fined. Funny thing is, that was several years before we had a dog. I stopped by the police department and told them they had the wrong address. I could tell she thought I was lying, but I suppose that 95% of the people walking through the door are there to lie to them.
Farm dogs are shot if they roam around. You probably know that though.

Farm dogs are shot if they roam around. You probably know that though.
I know that very well. We had one when I was little that decided to run with a couple neighbor dogs once, chased another neighbor's sheep and killed one. The dogs were put down and my dad paid for the sheep without question. Dogs running in packs are bad news.

I just realized that my previous post might have made it sound like our dog was barking at the neighbors door. No, he's not allowed to roam. He's on a leash outside anywhere but the back yard or dog park. He's a friendly little guy that barks very little. I can't stand dogs that bark incessantly, wouldn't have one around.

I know that very well. We had one when I was little that decided to run with a couple neighbor dogs once, chased another neighbor's sheep and killed one. The dogs were put down and my dad paid for the sheep without question. Dogs running in packs are bad news.

I just realized that my previous post might have made it sound like our dog was barking at the neighbors door. No, he's not allowed to roam. He's on a leash outside anywhere but the back yard or dog park. He's a friendly little guy that barks very little. I can't stand dogs that bark incessantly, wouldn't have one around.
Barking, out of control dogs belong to barking, out of control owners. I try not to blame the blameless.

People bought the "Zombie" house three houses over from ours about three years ago I'd say. After it was completely gutted and fixed up to look like new. Consider this is in the city and properties are 50' wide. There is a Mom, we believe. And two younger 30 somethings, male and female, that are either bro and sis or a married couple. None of them leave the house, like to work. Or much else that we've ever noticed. They have two dogs. One little piece of bubblegum that barks high pitched, ear cracking. And the other yellow mid size dog covers the tenor of the duo. When the sac of a son type person walk those dogs the mid size dog is quiet mostly, but the smaller dog barks steadily. Tugging at the leash in all directions. Well, both dogs are not in control when on leash. The sac wears head phones! And he's slow, a real slow walker. You can hear that little dog barking at least a block away.
The bigger dog barks loud and strong, with the little one, when he's in their back yard. Our house is pretty well insulated and quiet with the windows closed, so winter time isn't too bad. But the warm weather since they moved in? Geezus. The good news is, they've somehow, toned down the barking in their back yard. I guess yelling at the top of my lungs out my computer/loading room window, and off my 8' ladder when I was working in the yard, may have finally soaked in! We sent them a letter two years ago, anonymously of course. "Horrible untrained mutts" was the worst of the letter. It didn't change anything, at the time. I just hope, for the sake of humanity, that these people do not breed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top