JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stop complaining and/or contacting the police for at least 6 months. Let them forget about your objections.

Use a drone to air drop some "snacky treats" into the backyard.

Problem solved.

Hmmm sounds to me that if you want to stick with legal options only thing I can think of is give the owner an incentive. An incentive can be positive or negative. Maybe figure out a way to have an effective positive or negative incentive for him to use without fail the 3 dog anti-bark collars you buy for the dogs f.e.?
Yes, trying to stay legal in this. The only incentive I have come up with at this point that might coerce these idiots to corral their mutts is to take him to small claims court and sue him for repeated violations of the KMC as it regards unnecessary noise.
What I mean is what reason will he have have to listen to you or care? What reason would make him pay attention and or want to do it? Unless there is an incentive (such as fear of consequences or some reward) you won't get his attention by the sound of it.
At this point, there is no reason. He just DGAFF about it, as evidenced by its continuation. IDK how he can listen to it inside his own damned house!
Outside of that, do you have any other "legal" and/or grey area options when the three dogs break into your property and or damage your property while they are there?
They don't break into my property. My wooden fence prevents that. But they throw themselves at it in a frenzy whenever I come out onto my patio.

Are they tenants? If so, there is your incentive. The landlord will not want the endless and exponentially growing trouble that is coming his way, he would likely make them get rid of the dogs which is light years easier than dealing with the lawyer, city, police etc etc. There is a big incentive for the landlord to not have to deal with it.

If they are tenants I would only work with the landlord. It may be much easier to solve than you think. But I don't know if they are tenants or not.
I don't have they're habitation status confirmed either. If they are tenants, then in all likelihood, the landlord (if there even is one) is related to the tenants. The listed property owner is an older Hispanic. The tenants (if they even are, in fact, tenants) are younger Hispanics, by a generation. This is likely to mean nothing in getting rid of the dogs or the tenants. By way of example, would your father throw you out of a house he owns because you had uncontrollable mutts barking all day and night? I know my dad sure as hell would, but then again, I'd never be that disrespectful to my neighbors to warrant getting thrown out of the house in the first place.

Howabout a garden hose, while you do the long legal path. Has worked for me in the past. Eventually dogs get tired of getting sprayed and go the other way when they see you.
Won't keep them from barking. They bark for no reason other than to hear themselves bark. I don't even have to be in the backyard for them to bark. Just two days ago, I was in the FRONT yard, completely invisible to these mutts in the backyard, and they barked non-stop for 3 hours while two different roofing companies visited my home and we discussed the roof at the sidewalk out front. See what I mean? They do not require any sort of provocation to light off.

I don't have they're habitation status confirmed either. If they are tenants, then in all likelihood, the landlord (if there even is one) is related to the tenants. The listed property owner is an older Hispanic. The tenants (if they even are, in fact, tenants) are younger Hispanics, by a generation. This is likely to mean nothing in getting rid of the dogs or the tenants. By way of example, would your father throw you out of a house he owns because you had uncontrollable mutts barking all day and night? I know my dad sure as hell would, but then again, I'd never be that disrespectful to my neighbors to warrant getting thrown out of the house in the first place.
Ahh I see. That makes sense.

They don't break into my property. My wooden fence prevents that. But they throw themselves at it in a frenzy whenever I come out onto my patio.
They don't currently you mean. ;) I was speculating about a hypothetical future situation such as after you ran some scenarios by an attorney (I mean if you are going to talk to an attorney anyway). Fe if you asked "Would my legal options change if a, b, c, things happened in the future?"

Always nice to know what the possibilities are, you know, should something happen that changes the current conditions in terms of your legal rights. Probably some goggle searching for others that had similar situations might bring up some ideas for possible future scenarios that might pop up. Darn dogs, they are always trying dig under the fence...

They don't currently you mean. ;) I was speculating about a hypothetical future situation such as after you ran some scenarios by an attorney (I mean if you are going to talk to an attorney anyway). Fe if you asked "Would my legal options change if a, b, c, things happened in the future?"

Always nice to know what the possibilities are, you know, should something happen that changes the current conditions in terms of your legal rights. Probably some goggle searching for others that had similar situations might bring up some ideas for possible future scenarios that might pop up. Darn dogs, they are always trying dig under the fence...
They do dig up the arbor vitae roots in their yard, the spoils of which get pushed under the fence boards into my yard and block my automatic sprinklers from coming up or even retracting after I clear off the mud. I embedded 1-foot-long sheet metal panels in to the ground between the fence and my sprinklers along the back fence so the dirt doesn't blind my sprinklers...

Attorneys and "what if"s don't work well together. Keep yourself above board to help your chances of success if the legal route is one you want to take.
I'm trying like all hell to stick to the legal high road here, but I'm starting to get pretty desperate for some form of relief...

I'm sorry that I'm late to the party. I haven't read all the pages yet but, when I used to live in the city, the neighbors behind us had constantly barking, whining, growling pit bulls. Same story, police won't do anything, because it would require actual work, or more likely, the time available to do the work. Either way, useless. So, their house was the same model as mine, so I knew where the bedrooms were. At the time Costco had these three pack of flashlights that have the focusable beams with strobe feature. Do you know how hard it is to sleep if your entire bedroom is strobing? I would set all three up, aimed in each bedroom when they would ignore the dogs. I didn't even have to go outside, just prop them up, turn on, and go back to bed. We did have each others phone numbers, they always ignored me when I would call to ask them to deal with the dog, but would get upset when I'd ignore their call about the lights. I'm not sure how your house is situated but, my idea really didn't take long to improve my quality of life. Also, if it happens again after a few months, it's really easy to start the light show again, reminding them very quickly and quietly. Good luck and let us know.

At the time Costco had these three pack of flashlights that have the focusable beams with strobe feature. Do you know how hard it is to sleep if your entire bedroom is strobing? I would set all three up, aimed in each bedroom when they would ignore the dogs. I didn't even have to go outside, just prop them up, turn on, and go back to bed.
Also, if it happens again after a few months, it's really easy to start the light show again, reminding them very quickly and quietly. Good luck and let us know.
A strobe/laser light show... And that doesn't count as harrassment??? 🤔
Yes. Yes, I know. I'm currently the one being harrassed... by those infernal mutts...

full.gif

Won't keep them from barking. They bark for no reason other than to hear themselves bark. I don't even have to be in the backyard for them to bark. Just two days ago, I was in the FRONT yard, completely invisible to these mutts in the backyard, and they barked non-stop for 3 hours while two different roofing companies visited my home and we discussed the roof at the sidewalk out front. See what I mean? They do not require any sort of provocation to light off.
Well, is fun at least. Especially the first few times you can get really close to them through the fence as they are unsuspecting in their barking rage. The jet stream setting on your hose attachment, right in the face. When they run off snortin and sneezen, you know you got them good. Other than the time I sprayed the owner by accident.. hoo-wee the yappin that came outta her mouth was much worse than barking dogs. Good luck, sobo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top