JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't take it personally at all. I have a harder time parting ways with golf clubs than I do firearms.

I've had folks not understand my affinity to guns. If I explained, they wouldn't get it. Just like explaining an affinity to golf clubs. I wouldn't get that, either.

I've had folks not understand my affinity to guns. If I explained, they wouldn't get it. Just like explaining an affinity to golf clubs. I wouldn't get that, either.

There are hobbies "I don't get" either, but I do get the point that people love various hobbies/sports. I, myself, have strong interests in varying subjects, some bordering on being contradictory to each other.
Since there are people I know that do not understand why I do what I do for fun, I chalk it up to the "different strokes" line of thought.
I have an interesting assortment of Matchbox cars from the 60's. I have a few nearly beaten to death examples that were my own from way back when, a few more that are super nice (I was older when I bought them), and a bunch that I purchased on a binge probably 20 years ago. I could have sold 4 or 5 of them and bought myself that nice new S&W Model 69, but that thought never, ever entered my mind.

Hey @WAYNO , you gotta remember Matchbox cars. I collected mostly black wheel cars, but have a few grey wheeled cars from waaaayyyyyy before my time.

There are hobbies "I don't get" either, but I do get the point that people love various hobbies/sports. I, myself, have strong interests in varying subjects, some bordering on being contradictory to each other.
Since there are people I know that do not understand why I do what I do for fun, I chalk it up to the "different strokes" line of thought.
I have an interesting assortment of Matchbox cars from the 60's. I have a few nearly beaten to death examples that were my own from way back when, a few more that are super nice (I was older when I bought them), and a bunch that I purchased on a binge probably 20 years ago. I could have sold 4 or 5 of them and bought myself that nice new S&W Model 69, but that thought never, ever entered my mind.

Hey @WAYNO , you gotta remember Matchbox cars. I collected mostly black wheel cars, but have a few grey wheeled cars from waaaayyyyyy before my time.

Yep you betcha I remember MatchBox cars and their predecessor Lesney.:cool: Had many. I had a sister that was a demonstrator for Mattel, and I also had more Hot Wheels than a toy store. I had a younger Nephew, and it seems everything migrated to him when my interests aged.

I understand fully, many folks have different interests that they or I may not understand. But I can't see any good reason to go to the MatchBox collectors site just to profess I'd rather have golf clubs than MatchBox cars.:D

My surviving weakness is fishing stuff. I almost never fish any more, but I've got every piece of fishing gear I've ever owned. And it's a lot. Another young Nephew always asks why I don't sell it all, or (what he really means is) give it to him.

Last Edited:
Agree 100%. Oregon used to be great ( like the country), but since the invasion, it's become the same s-ithole as where they all came from. I would recommend New Zealand, where you can buy suppressers by the armload at the hardware store. It's like being here 60 years ago. Yes, that good. By the way, met an Aussie who referred to Americans as "septics"...as in residents of a septic tank. So, Trump may right, but too late...our liberal immigration policy has turned us into a s-ithole.

Didn't read the whole thread. I get that you want out of the political climate but IMHO don't sell especially now because my guess is you would loose money. Just pack up and move. Take them all with you. ;)

Buyers market.
Adjusting for inflation. This is the best time, in my lifetime to buy guns.

So don't sell. Buy!
These are the ''Good old days'' we will all be talking about in 10 years. ;)
Perhaps...if current statist trends continue and 10 years from now is even worse from a gun buying stand point. But now is nothing like the several decades prior to measure 5 in 2000. I won't compare to pre- 68 GCA back when it was still sort of a free country. Prior to all the hoop jumping of measure 5, a lot of collectors would show up at gun shows to up grade or thin their collections. A lot of unusual and interesting stuff at decent prices. That's no longer the case. The few shows I've attended in recent years looked like some dealers packed up their store and brought it to the gun show. I used to go to a show almost every month and they were worth the time treasure hunting. Now I can just go to a store to see the same new stuff. Free admission and free parking and look at plastic rifles and square pistols. Not that there's anything wrong with those, there's just so much more.

By the way, met an Aussie who referred to Americans as "septics"...as in residents of a septic tank. So, Trump may right, but too late...our liberal immigration policy has turned us into a s-ithole.

I'm afraid you got that wrong, Sir. He was not likening you to the residents of a septic tank. He was using Cockney rhyming slang - septic tank = Yank.

I used to get called a four-by-two = Jew. Another one, less friendly, is 'front-wheel skid = yid'.

Common examples are 'me old china' - a good friend - comes from china plate = mate.

Plates of meat = feet [as in - 'me plates is killin' me!'

North and South = Mouth [pronounced 'norf n sarf'].

Tomfoolery = jewellery, as in the proceeds of a robbery - 'Right, we'll divvy up the tom in Fred's drum [house, derivation not known] and then scarper...'

Trouble and strife = wife.

Apples and pairs = stairs.

Currant bun = sun.

Daisy roots = boots [because you pull them up].

Skin and blister = sister.

Barnet Fair = hair.

Ruby Murray = curry.

Bricks and mortar = daughter.

Whistle and flute = suit.

Rosie Lee = tea.

Hammers and tongs = songs.

Joanna = piano [Cockney pronunciation 'pee-yanna']

They are usually abbreviated in use like 'tom' or spoken using only the first half of the saying, like 'that's a smart whistle you got on there!' or , addressed to a pub entertainer, 'Oi, Daisy, give us an 'ammer!!!'

The letter h is usually dropped at the front of a word, and the letter t at the end of a work is 'stopped, like 'wotcha go [said leaving the t off]. Do NOT use Dick Van Dike as an example. Instead, listen to Wifred Bramble in 'Steptoe and Son', or Alf Garnet on 'Till Death us do part'. Words ending in -ing are usually pronounced as though they ended in -ink. Examples are nuffink, somefink, and so on, but, for some reason, not drinking or loving - they get the g left off. Oh yes, -th- anywhere in a word is double ff, like nuffink above, and also at the beginning of many words, like think/fink and fort/thought. You'll also hear th- at the start of a word pronounced like a v. 'Vare y'go' and 'Vare vay are!'

Needless to say, not being a Cockney, I don't sound ANYTHING like this.

tac

Last Edited:
Decided to stay in Oregon for a bit longer. Goal is to fly the coop in 5 years though. Still going to reduce down to 5 or 6 keepers and put the money towards a nice vacation to visit friends that I haven't seen.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top