JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been tossing the idea around as well.
I don't really have friends and don't like my family. So other than the attraction and love of the NW, I don't have much restraining me.
I have enough equity in my house we could sell and pay off all debt and move the family. I did it once before right after we got married. Moved closer to my wife's family in Kentucky.

With the liberal deadbrain society we have here and only getting worse, it's real tempting.
But I hated it there. I hadn't the heat and lack of mountians. There's something drawing me here, and to the wilderness.
Can't explain it, but I know I'll miss it as much as I did before.

I've been tossing the idea around as well.
I don't really have friends and don't like my family. So other than the attraction and love of the NW, I don't have much restraining me.
I have enough equity in my house we could sell and pay off all debt and move the family. I did it once before right after we got married. Moved closer to my wife's family in Kentucky.

With the liberal deadbrain society we have here and only getting worse, it's real tempting.
But I hated it there. I hadn't the heat and lack of mountians. There's something drawing me here, and to the wilderness.
Can't explain it, but I know I'll miss it as much as I did before.
If it wasn't for my job but that's not the main reason I could transfer to another termal the company I work for has terminals all over the world . family is what keeps me here or I would be down south somewhere I really like South Carolina and that area

But I hate to say it but the libral agenda is all over the place even when I was in South Carolina in October I was watching the news and they were talking about raising taxes and other stuff to help pay for homeless drug problems and stuff I told my friend you guys better be careful what you vote for it only gets worse it never ends Seattle a billion dollars spent on the homeless drug addicts

I have only been to Georgia once it's really nice but I really like the Carolinas not right on the coast but a little inland my friend lives just outside of WALTERBURO south Carolina about 40 min drive from Charleston and not to far from PAIRS ISLAND lots of fishing hunting and all that good stuff

I would hate to sell a gun that I built a history with. I pick up my hunting rifle and it brings really good memories. However if I was a young man I would still have time to make more memories so I would sell everything if it would lead to a good work opening.

My Folks moved out here from the south because work was abundant but those days are long gone. If I was 35 I would be really happy with the new tax package because jobs will be everywhere except out here. Out here they will crush your future with more taxes and continue the managed decline of Oregon.

Yep you are making a smart move.:)

But I hate to say it but the libral agenda is all over the place even when I was in South Carolina in October I was watching the news and they were talking about raising taxes and other stuff to help pay for homeless drug problems and stuff I told my friend you guys better be careful what you vote for it only gets worse it never ends Seattle a billion dollars spent on the homeless drug addicts
Good, maybe the south can take care of their own derelicts instead of sending them here...
Lemme know if anyone can come up with some obscure brass or trimmed brass made into obscure cartridges.

last time we made a BIG move all our stuff was loaded into a high rack 1 1/2 ton farm truck & some wore down utility trailers....

the little caravan stopped for a burger & my buddy helping remarked, in viewing the array, he wasn't sure whether someone was moving or heading for the dump!!!

Yes, it was the Ugly Truth.

Good, maybe the south can take care of their own derelicts instead of sending them here...
Lemme know if anyone can come up with some obscure brass or trimmed brass made into obscure cartridges.
There may be a few coming from the south but I think most are coming from mid west and states that are closer North Dakota South Dakota Utah Arizona New Mexico and places like that they get free stuff and the our city's are libral about drugs

last time we made a BIG move all our stuff was loaded into a high rack 1 1/2 ton farm truck & some wore down utility trailers....

the little caravan stopped for a burger & my buddy helping remarked, in viewing the array, he wasn't sure whether someone was moving or heading for the dump!!!

Yes, it was the Ugly Truth.
When we moved back to Idaho 10 years ago, I bought a semi and trailer, already owned a 2 1/2 ton truck and towed my old equipment trailer. I sold the semi for 3X what I paid for it and the crew cab 2 1/2 ton for 4 times what I pain for it. We moved a complete machine shop, 6 collector cars, a research vessel, a steel work boat and an airplane in total. I made 20,000 selling rolling stock I bought for the move. We bought a nice small house in town while we watched for the right ranch to come available. It took a year but we are here. I moved so many times both in and after the military it became a normal experiance but the next one will be to the cemetery.

My belongings could easily go into a small tow behind Uhaul trailer and I would be more than content. In my mid-30's so nothing that is really keeping me here. Used to live out that way for about 9 months and enjoyed it since there were some mountains around me. Having moved several times before, it is amazing the amount of useless trinkets that I end up with. Bigger the house, the more useless stuff accumulates.

Figured would trim the firearm collection down to 5 or 6 and be plenty good at that point. Hunting out there really doesn't require anything over 100y for a shot. Other than the ranges, the only places that would present a shot longer than 150y seemed to be the golf courses. Depending on how good your drives are, you could do quite well with a Titleist. Toughest part is what to keep and what to unload.

My belongings could easily go into a small tow behind Uhaul trailer and I would be more than content. In my mid-30's so nothing that is really keeping me here. Used to live out that way for about 9 months and enjoyed it since there were some mountains around me. Having moved several times before, it is amazing the amount of useless trinkets that I end up with. Bigger the house, the more useless stuff accumulates.

Figured would trim the firearm collection down to 5 or 6 and be plenty good at that point. Hunting out there really doesn't require anything over 100y for a shot. Other than the ranges, the only places that would present a shot longer than 150y seemed to be the golf courses. Depending on how good your drives are, you could do quite well with a Titleist. Toughest part is what to keep and what to unload.
Mmmm last time I went shooting at a golf course I figured out really quick after the first shot those old men move pretty fast out of range LOL HEHEHE

MVIMG_20180106_155725.jpg

I downsize every other month..sometimes it stings,but it's just stuff.
I remember having a shotgun,a rifle,and a pistol and thinkg I was set.
I long for those days.
Good times,memories,and state of mind are more important.

No. I'm one of the few gun nuts with very few guns. It would be very hard for me to sell anything gun related. If I bought It, I use it, if it was given to me, it's a gift and I'll pass it to someone deserving.
Hopefully I'll never have to go through what you are.

I have sold off a bunch of guns a couple of times. First time I spent the money putting a car back together. The next time it was because my wife wasn't working... The first time I had a bunch of stuff, some of it I hadn't shot in ages. The second time I focused on getting rid of everything except the guns that I really use, plus the family stuff.
Then Dad died and now I also have his stuff to hang onto.
Might cut loose of a few other rifles.

It's not that hard once you decide to actually do it.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top