JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only because I was going to have to go to prison if I didn't.

Don't take this personally, but I think that anybody even thinking about thinking about getting rid of ANY guns right now needs their head looking at.
Yeabut what if you were moving to the US.. wouldn't you get rid of some of your "special" guns.. like spike stocked "handguns"?

I have only the one. And I'd bring it with me and take great delight in ceremoniously sawing the *******' thing off at a welcome party.

Then, when I got my residency, I'd spend my gun money by buying as many examples of the handguns I had before the ban, and shoot them until the barrels glowed red in the dusk.

Everything else I have would have come with me, but Uncle Sam didn't want us.

tac

Last Edited:
Only because I was going to have to go to prison if I didn't.

Don't take this personally, but I think that anybody even thinking about thinking about getting rid of ANY guns right now needs their head looking at.
Coming from someone that has to deal with as many restrictions as you do, tac, I understand your stance on the matter.
Thank goodness we aren't living in those conditions and are able to buy/sell/trade with only the PIA of a transfer to deal with. I've always had guns that are for keeping, and others that can be sold or traded. Sometimes I buy other guns, other times the money helps support my racing addiction. This has allowed me to get intimate with many guns, far more than I would be able to have all together unless I had no other life!
To me, being able to sample so many different firearms has been a large amount of my enjoyment for so long. I'm not as old as many around here but I bought my first handgun about '82. (Starting the pattern here, I sold it less than a year later) Since then I've owned and shot a lot of guns. I've handloaded for most, have fixed some, ripped them apart, successfully put them all together and had them function, sometimes even better than before. I've installed sights, bases, rings scopes, stocks, triggers, refinished wood and metal. I've hunted, plinked and even done a little training.
I'm not bragging about what I can do with one exception. I "play" with guns.

As F-ed up as a lot of things are around here, some things are still pretty good.

L O N G ...................So please bear with me, while I advise you Gentlemen about what happens here if you want to buy another gun to add to your [hah] collection, or acquire another one in a calibre that you already have.

Bear in mind a couple of things though -

1. This set of requirements only applies if you ALREADY have a Firearms Certificate [FAC].

2. Your local county Chief Police Officer, called the Chief Constable [CC], has not set an arbitrary number to the number of guns he or she 'likes' to see in the hands of the 'public'. This HAS happened in my county, the precedent having been set back around 2005, and the present incumbent simply carrying on the motion. Here in UK the post of Chief Constable of the county is a three-year job only and unlike the USA, where you vote for your sheriff, in the UK it is a Home Office [ie. Crown/Government] appointment and the public has no input.

So let's say, for argument's sake, that you fancy a spiffy new/second-hand rifle in a calibre that you already have.

1. You download the form, the 201V - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...file/667451/Form_201V_-_21_Nov_2017_-_PDF.pdf

2. You fill it out/in, not forgetting to sign it.

3. You send it off, with the fee, to your county police firearms and explosives licensing department, and.......................

4. Wait.

5. This can take a while, depending on where you live. It might take a week, or it might taken six months - there is no rhyme nor reason to this.

6. Just when you think that you have been forgotten, you get a phone call from your local FEO. This guy, the Firearms Enquiries Officer, wants to come and see you to find out why you want another gun, but mostly why you want another gun in a calibre that you already have - let's say 6.5 something. NOT, you'll notice, necessarily the same designation - this is important.

7. He turns up, and while he is in the house, does a 100% check on what you already have on your FAC, just to make sure...

8. You now have to convince him that you really WOULD like another gun in a SIMILAR calibre, that is to say, you already have a 6.5x55, but you'd like a 6.5 Creedmoor for long distance target shooting and your present 6.5x55 is an old Swedish milsurp from 1899. He then needs to know why 6.5x55 Swedish is not good enough, and why it has to be 6.5 Creedmoor, and you explain the ballistic superiority of the latter round, and why you only want to be authorised to acquire and possess a mere two hundred cartridges at any one time because you intend to reload for it in order to gain the utmost precision at the minimum cost etc......

9. One of two things can then happen -

a. He is happy to tick your box and recommend that you be authorised to acquire and possess another Section 1 [Rifled] Firearm.

OR

b. He is unhappy that you are adding another firearm to your already generous collection for no good reason that he can think of, and your variation [that's what it is called] is therefore refused.

There is, however, one other alternative, one that I, living under the constraints of the unfairly-imposed limitations that pertain in my county, and that is to dispose of one rifle, in order to obtain the other one. This is called a one-for-one, as both are rifles, and both share a common calibre.

This keeps all the seat-polishers in the county HQ happy, but makes you seriously peed-off.

I have had to do this four times in recent years.

Over in the next county, you can have any number of guns that you can afford, as their CC, an enlightened gentleman of the first water, is also a renowned game shooter and former UK DTL trap champion, at the age of sixteen, no less. He figured that if you can be trusted to safely own ONE Section 1 [Rifles] firearm and ammunition without endangering the general public, then you can manage a few more, given that it is very difficult to shoot more than one rifle at the same time.

Having gotten all that in your head, let's imagine another scenario, but this time, in the next post......

Thanks for reading.

tac

Last Edited:
YAY!!!!! You have just received your FAC, amended to include your new rifle!! Whoopee! etc.

Off you go to your local dealer, where the object of your ambition, a spiffy new Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, is gracing the rack.

In you go, and then it all happens -

1. You produce your FAC to the dealer.

2. He examines it closely, and sees that you ARE authorised to acquire and possess ONE 6.5 something calibre rifle and suitable ammunition - it MIGHT just say Creedmoor, it might not, but in most cases, 6.5mm calibre is good enough.

3. He fetches the rifle off the rack for you to fondle, while he books the gun OUT of his register, and enters in YOUR FAC. It is now YOURS, it is REGISTERED in your name He then looks at you expectantly until you hand over the $2400 such a gun costs here in UK. He fills out a copy of the transaction with all the details of the gun on it, and to whom it has been sold, and details you as the new owner with details of your FAC. this goes to the authorising police force that issued the FAC. Did I mention that each of the 50 county and regional police forces in the UK has such a set-up? You just might be buying your new gun in a different county to the one you live in, right? FACs are issued in the name of each county CC, who is the supreme authorising officer in each case.

4. The new gun is yours to safeguard and shoot.

Amen.

HOWEVER - you set it all up on the range, mounting the scope and the bipod, and, depending on your régime, squeeze off a few shots. To your utter amazement, you are totally unable to come to terms with the stock set-up. Feeling like a wonder gun in the store, and when you tried your buddies a few months ago, it now handles like a plank with lumps on it in all the wrong places, you cannot, no matter what or how you try, get comfortable shooting it.

You go home, bitterly disappointed, and vow to try it out again. This you do, but to no avail - this particular rifle is NOT for you.

So now what? You can't just take it back to the store and ask for a refund - it is registered to YOU.

You have only ONE option in this case.

Please return to my post #65 above........

tac

YAY!!!!! You have just received your FAC, amended to include your new rifle!! Whoopee! etc.

Off you go to your local dealer, where the object of your ambition, a spiffy new Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, is gracing the rack.

In you go, and then it all happens -

1. You produce your FAC to the dealer.

2. He examines it closely, and sees that you ARE authorised to acquire and possess ONE 6.5 something calibre rifle and suitable ammunition - it MIGHT just say Creedmoor, it might not, but in most cases, 6.5mm calibre is good enough.

3. He fetches the rifle off the rack for you to fondle, while he books the gun OUT of his register, and enters in YOUR FAC. It is now YOURS, it is REGISTERED in your name He then looks at you expectantly until you hand over the $2400 such a gun costs here in UK. He fills out a copy of the transaction with all the details of the gun on it, and to whom it has been sold, and details you as the new owner with details of your FAC. this goes to the authorising police force that issued the FAC. Did I mention that each of the 50 county and regional police forces in the UK has such a set-up? You just might be buying your new gun in a different county to the one you live in, right? FACs are issued in the name of each county CC, who is the supreme authorising officer in each case.

4. The new gun is yours to safeguard and shoot.

Amen.

HOWEVER - you set it all up on the range, mounting the scope and the bipod, and, depending on your régime, squeeze off a few shots. To your utter amazement, you are totally unable to come to terms with the stock set-up. Feeling like a wonder gun in the store, and when you tried your buddies a few months ago, it now handles like a plank with lumps on it in all the wrong places, you cannot, no matter what or how you try, get comfortable shooting it.

You go home, bitterly disappointed, and vow to try it out again. This you do, but to no avail - this particular rifle is NOT for you.

So now what? You can't just take it back to the store and ask for a refund - it is registered to YOU.

You have only ONE option in this case.

Please return to my post #65 above........

tac
Crazy

It is a good lesson in how most of the world doesn't have our kind of laws and freedom's. Not all are bad but many are different in ways we can't imagine in our country. In Germany, it is illegal to wash your car on Sunday.....no separation of church and state. We went into a large high quality leather clothing store on a Sunday, there were a few people looking around. I selected a very nice vest that I wanted......went to the cashier to pay......."can't buy today, have to come back on Monday" it is a very nice vest so on Monday we drove 250 miles round trip from Amsterdam to the store (in Germany) to buy it.

Canada has similar rules and there right next us and I hear lots of our corrupt political leaders talking about gun control like Canada has I'm only 48 miles from Canada by car and even less by boat lol I don't go to Canada JUST SAYING HEHEH

MVIMG_20180109_084048.jpg

As horrible of a thought as it is, kicking around the idea of moving back to Tennessee/Georgia. I miss bass fishing and hog hunting galore, in addition to incredibly low cost of living. Love the PNW and have lived here most of my life, but something about the South that is intoxicating and it isn't just the moonshine. Figure if I head back there, I will cut down the collection to ease the burden on packing/hauling a safe.

Anyone ever had to go through thinning the heard before? :(

You are simply suffering from deep fried food deprivation. Rush to the nearest restaurant that does a decent chicken fried steak, order and consume it. You'll feel better immediately and the silly idea of moving to Georgia will pass. Fortunately, it's extremely that the restaurant will also offer grits, so you can avoid the watery little things that are always served improperly cooked throughout the South. Just read the directions on the box and make your own.

As for bourbon & Coke, I'm sure you can take care of that at home. In the PNW. And moonshine sucks!

You are simply suffering from deep fried food deprivation. Rush to the nearest restaurant that does a decent chicken fried steak, order and consume it. You'll feel better immediately and the silly idea of moving to Georgia will pass. Fortunately, it's extremely that the restaurant will also offer grits, so you can avoid the watery little things that are always served improperly cooked throughout the South. Just read the directions on the box and make your own.

As for bourbon & Coke, I'm sure you can take care of that at home. In the PNW. And moonshine sucks!
Hey I like moon shine but then again I sometimes wake up next to a FAT GIRL ok your right moonshine sucks

I don't take it personally at all. I have a harder time parting ways with golf clubs than I do firearms.
Golf clubs. Kill me now. :s0014:
I have a hard time selling anything firearm related, even reloading equipment. I've given 6 guns away, lots of ammunition, powder, projectiles, scales, presses, etc, because God has given me way more, and I believe in paying it forward.

I've sold pistols, and the only one I did with intention (i.e. to get rid of it, not for need) was my CZ75. It was a fine piece, shot well, but sat in my safe because I didn't care for 9mm. It went to a fine gentleman on this board.
Nope. I would get a bigger truck.
Good luck with your move.

Golf clubs. Kill me now. :s0014:
I have a hard time selling anything firearm related, even reloading equipment. I've given 6 guns away, lots of ammunition, powder, projectiles, scales, presses, etc, because God has given me way more, and I believe in paying it forward.

I've sold pistols, and the only one I did with intention (i.e. to get rid of it, not for need) was my CZ75. It was a fine piece, shot well, but sat in my safe because I didn't care for 9mm. It went to a fine gentleman on this board.
Nope. I would get a bigger truck.
Good luck with your move.
Did he just compare golf clubs to firearms lol mmmmmmm might be suspect there might have to notify management this is a obvious BATF UNDERCOVER AGENT

Did he just compare golf clubs to firearms lol mmmmmmm might be suspect there might have to notify management this is a obvious BATF UNDERCOVER AGENT
Nope EPS. Perhaps you missed post #63. I'll quote it for you....
Sure, I have a set of sticks. Sure, I'll play if invited. Given the choice, you'll find me atop a ridge somewhere, or wading in a river.
I don't take it personally at all. I have a harder time parting ways with golf clubs than I do firearms.

As horrible of a thought as it is, kicking around the idea of moving back to Tennessee/Georgia. I miss bass fishing and hog hunting galore, in addition to incredibly low cost of living. Love the PNW and have lived here most of my life, but something about the South that is intoxicating and it isn't just the moonshine. :(

I feel ya bother. I hated the humidity and the crowds but man do I miss my Georgia whitetails and turkey and largemouth bass. And I miss good home coking and people who talk right haha. There really is a big difference in culture between the PNW and the deep south though... it was kinda surprising. Best of luck on move. PM if you end up wanting to sell any of the guns or want to have a fish fry lol!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top