JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. Kinda new to this board, but not new to AR-15's. I usually just run Milspec trigger groups on my builds. I recently started playing with more precision based triggers (just built a guy an AR with a RRA match trigger and bought an AR with a Timney trigger group)... I kinda like them. :s0155:

I have been building a Seekings Precision build that I would like to have a more precision trigger but do not want to sacrifice any reliability.

I have narrowed my choices down to:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

POF

Curious what you guys are running and if you have any recommendations or ones that I should avoid.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

All mine are RRA 2 stage. I'm cheap, so I've never considered a Geissele. Love to try some someday though.

For me, expensive triggers stay on precision rifles. My AR's are all SBR's so I haven't spent the big bucks for triggers on them. The RRA is nice and after a few years and thousands of rounds I'm pretty used to where they break.

I'm running a Geissele Hi-speed NM and it is worth the money in my opinion. I chose the NM weight in the hopes competing someday. But it is as advertised, dead smooth flat first stage then a brick wall and breaks like glass. The adjustments are simple and Mr. Geissele has some good videos on youtube walking your through the install.
Good luck with your purchase,

I have only one AR. It is a hunting rifle, and therefore sees a lot of usage (abusage?). Based on decades of experience with Timneys in bolt guns, I went with the trusted, known name. As always, flawless reliability (and about a 10 minute installation).

I have only one AR. It is a hunting rifle, and therefore sees a lot of usage (abusage?). Based on decades of experience with Timneys in bolt guns, I went with the trusted, known name. As always, flawless reliability (and about a 10 minute installation).

YOU have an AR? You know, a Ruger No. 1 chambered in .223 is NOT an AR! Though, it would have a nice trigger right out of the box!

Jokes aside, I own a grand total of zero AR's, but if I did, I would agree that Timney is hard to improve upon.

I would like to have a more precision trigger but do not want to sacrifice any reliability.

Precision + reliability = Geissele.

AFAIK it's the only aftermarket trigger approved by the US military (SOCOM uses them).
RRAs are nice and less expensive but the research I've done included far too many reports of them wearing down to a single-stage after about 5k rounds.

I have a Geissele SD-C (Super Dynamic Combat) in my AR and it is amazing. Geissele triggers are well worth the money.

I agree, I bought this for my target AR which is somewhat misapplied as it is a short reset, single stage trigger designed for 3 gun. For accuracy shooting I like to be surprised by the shot so single stage is ideal for me.

Feathering this trigger in this manner produced occasional bump fire with the 3# spring. I installed the 4-1/2# and no more bump fire.

The trigger breaks like glass!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR