JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would build it myself. I have.I have a all punches and the most expensive. was a torque wrench but I have other uses for a torgue wrench besides putting together an AR. You also need a vice and you need to align the gas block correctly. I bought a roll of painters tape and taped over the lower and upper receivers for driving on the roll pins but I dinged up my lower a bit driving on roll pin it but it gives some character.

IDK man... You ever known someone who messed up an oil change?
full.gif

I bought a roll of painters tape and taped over the lower and upper receivers for driving on the roll pins
full.gif

Took my first one to figure out that little helpful hint. That, and using a real roll pin driver, not just substituting a typical punch. Haven't dinged up a lower since...
Oh, and an AR bench block, too. With just those cheap, simple tools/accessories, even a knucklehead can can light one up...

Last Edited:
Montana/Idaho/Arizona aren't far away.
Idaho is on my horizon. I've been shopping for a large parcel in North Central Idaho for the past couple years now. Earlier this spring, I had a 28-acre property on Clear Creek outside of Kooskia get away from me by two hours. Didn't jump on the MLS quickly enough. Still in the hunt...

Last Edited:
Idaho is on my horizon. I've been shopping for a large parcel in NOrth Central Idaho for the past couple years now. Earlier this spring, I had a 28-acre property outside of Kooskia on Clear Creek get away from me by two hours. Didn't jump on the MLS quickly enough. Still in the hunt...
I got family in all (3). Getting more mags/parts if 114 takes effect won't be an issue.

I got family in all (3). Getting more mags/parts if 114 takes effect won't be an issue.
I'm committed to moving myself lock, stock, and barrel. I've had it with King Jackboot Jay, Court Jester Ferguson, and the entire lot of the Marxists in Olympia...

I'm committed to moving myself lock, stock, and barrel. I've had it with King Jackboot Jay, Court Jester Ferguson, and the entire lot of the Marxists in Olympia...
If I could convince my wife to quit her job/leave Oregon I'd be gone tomorrow.

Unfortunately that's not the case and Oregon is my home. Sad thing is I really love the state. Just not all the retards in charge. I'll just continue doing what I want.

If I could convince my wife to quit her job/leave Oregon I'd be gone tomorrow.

Unfortunately that's not the case and Oregon is my home. Sad thing is I really love the state. Just not all the retards in charge. I'll just continue doing what I want.
Same here, except I don't have an "other half" to involve in my life decisions anymore.
Eastern WA is my home, but I despise and loathe my state gooberment to no end. I can't live under their boolscheet anymore, so I will stay here no longer...

Even a sharpie will work for expedient temporary "repair".
Sure, but if I'm going to the trouble to hunt up a Sharpie in this house, I already know where the AlumaBlack is. I'd just go straight there and be done with it...

Sure, but if I'm going to the trouble to hunt up a Sharpie in this house, I already know where the AlumaBlack is. I'd just go straight there and be done with it...
"Black" Sharpie is actually purple and gets wiped out when cleaning the gun.
For small areas it's Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black for the win.
It chemically darkens the raw alloy and will work on some steels.

ETA
The Birchwood Casey "paint pen" is total garbage.
Will not hold up to cleaning solvents.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR