JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I received this from Senator Wilson, 17th District. I wish we had more like her and less/none of the anti gummer liberal lunatics.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding SB 5444, SB 5463, SB 5992, SB 6049 and SB 6146. I am adamantly opposed to these bills. I firmly believe the best way to improve gun safety is through education and proper training on the safe handling of firearms by law abiding citizens. Additional gun regulations do nothing to reduce crime, only punish law abiding citizens, and give a false sense of security to those wishing to further restrict our gun rights.

Unfortunately, bills, initiatives, and proposals like these are being perpetrated on law abiding firearms owners across the nation. You may not be aware, but I am a certified firearms safety instructor and became one to encourage firearm safety and training for those who are looking to further their expertise in the safe handling of firearms. Rest assured – I hear you loud and clear – and stand strong right beside you.

Our 2nd Amendment Rights are under attack like never before. We need to remain vigilant.

upload_2018-1-18_12-56-27.jpg

Trigger modifications have been around for hundreds of years.
The double set triggers seen here can adjust the trigger pull from pounds to ounces and on a rifle from the 1850's....
Double set triggers like these are found on rifles from the 1700's on up to rifles being made today.
Trigger modifications do not make a rifle any more dangerous or deadly than anything else...
It is all in the power of the man who uses the gun , not the gun itself or any of its modifications that make it safe or dangerous.
I for one will sure feel safer if this passes into law...( sarcasm btw )
Andy
DSC06621 (1).jpg

One of the dangers with "laws to be" like this is that they might be easier to pass into laws , than a outright ban on the whole gun itself...

Just make a open ended , easy to be interrupted , in many different ways , how you them want to fit the issue at the moment , list of firearm features that you find objectionable ...
And you won't ever need to ban a gun..but 'cause this gun and that gun has a certain set of features , they are suddenly illegal.
Andy

One of the dangers with "laws to be" like this is that they might be easier to pass into laws , than a outright ban on the whole gun itself...

Just make a open ended , easy to be interrupted , in many different ways , how you them want to fit the issue at the moment , list of firearm features that you find objectionable ...
And you won't ever need to ban a gun..but 'cause this gun and that gun has a certain set of features , they are suddenly illegal.
Andy
You've just described Diane Feinstein's Perennial Assault Weapons Bill...

lets say this unfortunately passes, how will it be enforced? door to door checks?

if it makes it to oregon, all i know is, like 941, i wont comply.

lets say this unfortunately passes, how will it be enforced? door to door checks?

if it makes it to oregon, all i know is, like 941, i wont comply.

They won't enforce it door to door. Generally no law gets enforced door to door and probably never will.

But the manufacturers of these will probably not send any devices to locales that prohibit them.

If you get caught with one then they will probably pile it on other charges.

I could go on, but the worst that may happen in states that already allow NFA firearms (e.g., "machine guns") is that full-auto/select-fire firearms might then become illegal there - e.g., Oregon?

I did not realize I could add to the email. Anyway basically what this ban is about is banning quick reset triggers. A lot of factory semi-auto pistols/rifles already have quick reset triggers as standard equipment. So in reality single action semi-autos would be banned and double action only pistols/rifles would be legal which I believe has been the motive all along.

Possibly.

Quick/short reset - like my SIG P227 tactical.

Or simply trigger jobs that accomplish the same thing (Burke) and/or make it even faster to reset.

Then there are the Geissele triggers which are light and advertised as "Rapid Fire".

GEISSELE AUTOMATICS LLC AR-15 ENHANCED TRIGGERS | Brownells

Does anyone know the language that has actually been passed out of committee?

I appears a couple amendments/proposals that would have greatly focused/narrowed the law to bump stocks specifically were not adopted.

There does appear to be an amendment by Senator Fain that basically exempts things like 'trigger jobs.' However, it specifically lists a rate of fire of 5-6 rounds per second.

Obviously these guys haven't seen too many skilled and/or competitive shooters, particularly the top finishers.

Too bad Bob Munden isn't still alive. He'd make their head spin with just an' ol' harmless six-shooter.

Or Jerry Miculek doing 8 shoots in 1 second from a DA Smith revolver.

Hopefully the full legislature will be able to make better decision(s) than a few people in a committee.

BOSS

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top