JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hahaha!
Forget the fact that developers have been moving houses closer and closer to that area.. that cant have aaaaanything to do with it.. and now they want to issue noise complaints to shut it down or drastically limit days/hours.. death by a thousand cuts.

Same situation as entitled Karen who bought her dream property next to Laguna Seca Raceway and demanded the raceway shut down because it was disturbing her yoga
In AZ l lived pretty close to Luke AFB (an F16 training base). As the area sprawled, the base commander begged developers not to build homes at the end of his runways. Naturally they did, and people moved in... you can guess the rest.
John McCain, bless his heart, was almost solely responsible for keeping Luke off the chopping block every year.

Personally, l loved it. Fighter jets doing touch-and-go maneuvers look and sound like freedom to me.

Those same people often complained about the lack of "fine dining" in our formerly one-horse burg. I would tell em, "We have that. We keep it in Scottsdale. You should go there. It's about 35 miles THAT way. You'll like it. Bye".

some people from CA moved into a rural property in Redmond, OR close to some long term property owners that had a few cattle, horses, and assorted other animals.
I used to pass a sign in a developing part of Mesa (AZ) that said;

This is an agricultural area. If you don't appreciate the sights and, more importantly, the SMELLS of an agricultural area, please turn around now.

It was along the road, attatched to the outside of a dairy's feed lot fence.

It's just another well-used tactic/method used...... in order to try and achieve their Anti-gun goal(s).

Duh....
Guns when fired generally go BANG (very loudly).

BUT, But, but.......no one ever told ME it was that loud?

Yeah, sometimes.....
Cant_fix_stupid.jpg

Then IMHO.....as for stupid lawsuits.
You_get....Nothing.jpg

BUT.....the insurance company will settle if you sue. It's cheaper for the insurance company to settle vs going to court. Yeah.....maybe the jury will be stupid and the payoff will be beaucoup bucks?

OK, OK, ok.....music break.....

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Duh....
Guns when fired generally go BANG (very loudly).
And who knows? Maybe this Karen previously never regarded the gunfire as a problem but then due to media influence, her probable increasingly anti gun stance et all she decided it was time to become vocal.

I had a friend once who bought a house North of Bend with the train track essentially going through his backyard. Ya know what he said about it ? - nothing.

I had a friend once who bought a house North of Bend with the train track essentially going through his backyard. Ya know what he said about it ? - nothing.
I've lived in this town for 10 years altogether (temporary insanity landed me in P-land for a few yrs, 2011-2020) and I've never ONCE seen a train on the tracks that run through it. I thought they were inactive.

I only discovered that l was wrong the other day when a BNSF train rolled through about 300 yds from my house. They come through extremely slowly, nothing to get balled-up over. I kinda like it. But even if l didn't, the very last thing on my mind would be figuring out how to make them stop.

Well it sure seems like she's going after the wrong business, gun range has always been there and the road hasn't so why doesn't the Karen sue the developer?

Yeah they're right you can't fix stupid, she just hates guns like all the other Ken's and Karen's out there.:s0118::s0118::s0118::s0118::s0118::s0118:

"The sound has exacerbated greatly since they put through 124th," she said. "They stripped away a tremendous amount of earth and stripped away a lot of natural sound insulation."

Last Edited:
This was brought up in a months or two agos newsletter. They had some of the city council come out and tour the facility to illustrate the noise directing and eliminating berm designs and such. I don't think this is going to go anywhere as it isn't TCGC first rodeo. Range has been there for the better half of a century and the community was built around it. If anyone should be suing it should be TCGC suing the city for allow development so close. You move there, and then learn about the facility, your an idiot. I moved next to an active railroad, low and behold the train goes by, maybe I should sue :rolleyes:

Curiously, the edge of Ibach neighborhood is almost a mile from TCGC. Funny thing about sound, it decreases exponentially with distance. Betcha one could barely hear a gunshot from TCGC a mile away.
I was just thinking that! I live about two miles North of TCGC kind of up the hill from there, and use to hear the rifles all the time! Reassuring noises during the day to me, like jet noise (the old, "sound of freedom" bumper sticker).

Lately, say the last six months, I almost never hear the range running…I assumed pandemic stupid-high ammo prices slowing the member's use down but NOW, when it's even quieter then normal to me, this article drools its way out into the public square!!!

The media is just terrible…anything to go negative on firearms :mad:

And who knows? Maybe this Karen previously never regarded the gunfire as a problem but then due to media influence, her probable increasingly anti gun stance et all she decided it was time to become vocal.

Similarly, for nearly 18 years my wife & I lived about 300 yards from a siding of a main RR line in SoCal. Freight trains were stopping and starting day & night, but we tuned them out. There were a dozen good reasons we moved out of California, but train noise didn't even make the list.

At one point in my life, I lived next door, literally, to a gun range. You get used to it. I also lived next to a train crossing where they HONK at all hours. You get used to it. Finally, I lived next to skyharbour in Phoenix (I was technically in Tempe) and you know what..... I got used to it.

Interesting to me at least is that Krying Karen doesn't say anything about the really big booms and truck traffic from the two rock quarries right next to TCGC, or have those been shut down?

We had some whiney little bun wearin', skinny jeaned thing complaining of the noise of the Air Guard jets from PDX. From the Concordia neighborhood. He even paid for a big billboard along Cully Blvd giving a number to call and complain to the transportation bureau, or some such. What a WEENIE! I can see them making the tight turn from take-off dang near over my house to land again. They do this two at a time just barley to the North of me. So close I can hear them adjust their flaps for landing. Makes me proud as hell!

So one Karen is doing what all Karens do. Yawn. Here's the real travesty:

"Pitts said the club recently hosted Tualatin Police Chief Bill Steele and other city officials on a tour of the club's facilities in order to see their efforts at noise dampening firsthand."

In the audio industry, the term is damping. They were not trying to make the sound wetter, they were trying to attenuate it.

On a scale of most murdered English, this one falls somewhere between "people that" and "had went".

:D

Good point. I wonder what she would do if say, the 'gunfire' got a little closer to her house - as in not from the range?
She'd call the cops, who she most likely advocates for "defunding".

So one Karen is doing what all Karens do. Yawn. Here's the real travesty:

"Pitts said the club recently hosted Tualatin Police Chief Bill Steele and other city officials on a tour of the club's facilities in order to see their efforts at noise dampening firsthand."

In the audio industry, the term is damping. They were not trying to make the sound wetter, they were trying to attenuate it.

On a scale of most murdered English, this one falls somewhere between "people that" and "had went".

:D

Nope…. Articulating that you utterly don't care by saying, "I could care less" is the most common incorrectly used statement, at least around here.

She'd call the cops, who she most likely advocates for "defunding".
Did you see the neighborhood she lives in? I'm thinking these aren't the kind of folks that want police defunded. They want police to rush their hood if some old beater pick-up, or old ugly motorhome, cruises into their hood. Just sayin'

You don't get to move in after the fact and expect the world to change for you.
Well, yeah, you do...
If you can convince TPTB that the gun club broke some sort of environmental laws/regulations (even if it didn't).
Kitspap (WA) Rifle and Revolver Club, founded in 1926, had long been a place where thousands went to exercise their 2A rights.
About 10 years ago, a bunch of Kens and Karens bought property adjacent to the club and built homes.
First, they complained about the noise to the club, but that didn't get them anywhere.
Then, they started complaining to their county commissioners.
That didn't get them anywhere, until the political winds shifted in their favor, after events such as Sandy Hook, San Bernardino, Pulse Nightclub, Sutherland Springs, Las Vegas...
Then they found some fancy schmancy enviroNazi attorneys who told the Kens/Karens that if they could bring an environmental regulation violation case against the club, they stood a chance of winning. So that's what the Kens/Karens did, and the club has been under a no-shoot moratorium for the past 5 years or so. And now the County Commission has shifted to an all-anti composition, and the county attorney and judge are also antis, so things went from bad to worse for the gun club.
And it looks as if the club is going to lose the suit...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads