JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I worked in northern California for a few years, a toilet of a town called Redding.

Some out of towners decided to buy a plot of land NEXT to a shooting range and then proceded to sue them into non existence. They cited how the noise gave them PTSD. How their cat needed peace and quiet. How all the pollution from "rednecks and their trucks were poisoning the air near them".

They WON the lawsuit, or at least they got it closed down.

They willingly moved next to a range, knew it would be noisy, but said okay. Then sued for the noise that they'd previously said okay too. The fact they won this was just disgusting.

They get their way and took our only close place of safe shooting away.
Danger Girl needs an address...

Danger Girl.jpg

Last Edited:
The idea of gun clubs to me is just silly. Northwestfirearms is completely different! I just don't understand the point of paying hundreds of dollars to be added to a waitlist then have to deal with all their rules. Sounds like I'm at a PTA meeting " what may be right for you; may not be right for some." I'm lucky if I can get out to the range once every month or once every 2 months! which at that point I dont feel like I would get my money's worth.. don't get me wrong looks like a fun club but I can't stand all the little thing I would be dealing with! I'll go to English pit or Wolf creek
Different strokes for different folks, and that's fine.

I never want see shooting on public lands banned. Private lands same same.

Clubs have there pluses, particularly for folks whom don't have easy access to lands which would offer the same/similar shooting as a club.

Different disciplines & ability to check them out.

Socializing with great folks.

Clubs also have downsides.

Our current club is limited on distance everyday to 340yards, has 600 yards every other sunday. Not that big of a deal.
The bigger deal is no shooting after sunset. Bit of a hassle during shorter daylight seasons AND removes certain practical training possibilities.

Overall clubs have been well worth it. For us.

The idea of gun clubs to me is just silly. Northwestfirearms is completely different! I just don't understand the point of paying hundreds of dollars to be added to a waitlist then have to deal with all their rules. Sounds like I'm at a PTA meeting " what may be right for you; may not be right for some." I'm lucky if I can get out to the range once every month or once every 2 months! which at that point I dont feel like I would get my money's worth.. don't get me wrong looks like a fun club but I can't stand all the little thing I would be dealing with! I'll go to English pit or Wolf creek

Different strokes for different folks, and that's fine.

I never want see shooting on public lands banned. Private lands same same.

Clubs have there pluses, particularly for folks whom don't have easy access to lands which would offer the same/similar shooting as a club.

Different disciplines & ability to check them out.

Socializing with great folks.

Clubs also have downsides.

Our current club is limited on distance everyday to 340yards, has 600 yards every other sunday. Not that big of a deal.
The bigger deal is no shooting after sunset. Bit of a hassle during shorter daylight seasons AND removes certain practical training possibilities.

Overall clubs have been well worth it. For us.
Exactly. I'm a member of a club that is less than 15 minutes from my house. That makes it an hour closer than the nearest public land that I could shoot on. I know a lot of the people there and sometimes spend more time talking with friends on my way out than I did shooting. I've taken classes there, and been a member of a few different activity groups. I've participated in and organized group shoots, special events and competitions. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

They WON the lawsuit, or at least they got it closed down.

They willingly moved next to a range, knew it would be noisy, but said okay. Then sued for the noise that they'd previously said okay too. The fact they won this was just disgusting.
"They" It's like an alien invasive species. They are here, but the mother ships are California and New York. There are other states with migrating infestation too, though smaller. Like the rhizomes of invasive grasses that spread and smother out more diverse areas where people of different types formerly lived together.

"They" It's like an alien invasive species. They are here, but the mother ships are California and New York. There are other states with migrating infestation too, though smaller. Like the rhizomes of invasive grasses that spread and smother out more diverse areas where people of different types formerly lived together.
It's like someone else's pet bringing ticks to your house, but harder to get rid of.

I believe the same thing happened to Four Corners Rod and Gun Club just outside of Salem. People moved in next to Four Corners and complained about the noise. Hence everyone has to shoot through those silly barrels.

The people who are heavily involved with Land Use decisions around here are radical leftists. They have nothing to do and they are passionate about Land Use. They're not able to stop major corporations like Costco, but a gun club they can cause big headaches for.

The problem with us as a community is we're always playing defense. We know how playing defense ended for Robert E Lee.

You don't get to move in after the fact and expect the world to change for you.
Dude! You ever heard of Californians??? :)

Same situation as entitled Karen who bought her dream property next to Laguna Seca Raceway and demanded the raceway shut down because it was disturbing her yoga. She sued and lost.

In this case, a new road doesn't change the fact, the gun club was there before she was.
Looks like it has disabled its Facebook account. My guess is it received some messaging similar to what you are suggesting above. 🤔

I stand corrected. It did not disable its Facebook, but you can only view it apparently if you are one of its friends. But here is what it looks like. This is Karen in its natural habitat.

ppars.jpg

I stand corrected. It did not disable its Facebook, but you can only view it apparently if you are one of its friends. But here is what it looks like. This is Karen in its natural habitat.

View attachment 1009509
You know what? What "It's" saying could be said for watching the news!
"It's not healthy to be watching news all the time"
or
"It's not healthy to be butting into other people's lives all the time because they are different from you"
Or saying to one's self
"I think everyone else should believe the same things I do and live just like ME"

The people who are heavily involved with Land Use decisions around here are radical leftists. They have nothing to do and they are passionate about Land Use. They're not able to stop major corporations like Costco, but a gun club they can cause big headaches for.
That's the real problem right there. It's a damned near certainty that your enviroNazis, land use "managers", etc. are always Leftists...

Last Edited:
TCGC was there first....if they don't like it, move to another location. Always amazes me when someone moves near something they don't like then complain about it & tries to get it removed.

View attachment 1009509
A few years ago before Karen became popular she tried complaining on social media about the shotgun club off 174th and SE Powell...claimed the noise made her cancer worse or some such thing. Felt bad for her, but the club was there decades before those homes and apartments.

A few years ago before Karen became popular she tried complaining on social media about the shotgun club off 174th and SE Powell...claimed the noise made her cancer worse or some such thing. Felt bad for her, but the club was there decades before those homes and apartments.
I'm sorry, I'd have a hard time feeling bad for someone who made such a ridiculous claim.

Is it still there? I was under the impression that is got closed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top