JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, yeah, you do...
If you can convince TPTB that the gun club broke some sort of environmental laws/regulations (even if it didn't).
Kitspap (WA) Rifle and Revolver Club, founded in 1926, had long been a place where thousands went to exercise their 2A rights.
About 10 years ago, a bunch of Kens and Karens bought property adjacent to the club and built homes.
First, they complained about the noise to the club, but that didn't get them anywhere.
Then, they started complaining to their county commissioners.
That didn't get them anywhere, until the political winds shifted in their favor.
Then they found some fancy schmancy enviroNazi attorneys who told that if they could bring an environmental regulation violation case against the club, they stood a chance of winning. So that's what the Kens and Karens did, and the club has been under a no-shoot moratorium for the past 5 years or so.
And it looks as if the club is going to lose the suit...

Some folks tried that on a club I know. They claimed that lead was leaking into a nearby creek. How they would assume that I don't know. All of the local waterways were tested, either recently or just after the complaint, and that particular creek was one of the cleanest.

One (1) ACTIVIST IDIOT is complaining... Welcome to 2021 where Karen gets to vomit out whatever garbage she wants and gets taken seriously by the "media".

You don't get to move in after the fact and expect the world to change for you.
15 or so years ago some transplant from the east coast who considered herself an "activist" was lobbying to change the name of the state because she didn't like the fact that natives pronounced it "Or-ee-gun." She was actually taken seriously by the Statesman-Journal (owned by Gannet Corp, publishers of USA Today) which printed a front page article on her. "I hate guns," she said. So the name of the state needs to change. I guess it went nowhere.
I had a friend once who bought a house North of Bend with the train track essentially going through his backyard. Ya know what he said about it ? - nothing.

Similarly, for nearly 18 years my wife & I lived about 300 yards from a siding of a main RR line in SoCal. Freight trains were stopping and starting day & night, but we tuned them out. There were a dozen good reasons we moved out of California, but train noise didn't even make the list.
I love the sounds of trains. I hear their whistles and the track noise late at night and early in the morning, although from a distance. I find it very soothing for some reason.

Last Edited:
this is my favorite quote from the article...
She claimed at recent city council meetings that a recent "explosion" of what she thought was gunfire was so loud that she reportedly feared an active shooter was on the loose nearby. She said she even phoned the police for help.
lol, Id love to hear to 911 call on that.

I had a friend once who bought a house North of Bend with the train track essentially going through his backyard. Ya know what he said about it ? - nothing.
I've lived in this town for 10 years altogether (temporary insanity landed me in P-land for a few yrs, 2011-2020) and I've never ONCE seen a train on the tracks that run through it. I thought they were inactive.

I only discovered that l was wrong the other day when a BNSF train rolled through about 300 yds from my house. They come through extremely slowly, nothing to get balled-up over. I kinda like it. But even if l didn't, the very last thing on my mind would be figuring out how to make them stop.
Similarly, for nearly 18 years my wife & I lived about 300 yards from a siding of a main RR line in SoCal. Freight trains were stopping and starting day & night, but we tuned them out. There were a dozen good reasons we moved out of California, but train noise didn't even make the list.
I love the sounds of trains. I hear their whistles and the track noise late at night and early in the morning, although from a distance. I find it very soothing for some reason.
As do I. The west-east BNSF mainline is a 1/4 mile from my home. The line averages 26 trains/day, every day. They blow the horn at all at-grade crossings.
I barely notice them passing by during the day, but at night as I lie in bed, I can hear them rumble by every hour in the darkness.
And then the horn blares into that darkness, shattering the quietude of the night.
I love the sound of a rumbling mile-long as it clickety-clacks on by my home, and the sound of that airhorn echoes, and then fades, into the darkness.

Last Edited:
Same stupid sheets that happened here:

This shotgun range has been established since 1913. I used to go to bed with the window open because AC in Oregon wasn't a common thing in the summertime during the 70-80's with sounds of distant shotgun fire.

Urban creep played a distinct and similar role. The people encroached on an established gun club and suddenly it was "undesirable"... Something that had existed for more than 80 years before.

Stupid is going to be stupid, same as the idiots who purchase/rent a home along the PDX flight path.

Caveat Emptor!

When I was young the race to space was a big thing. My Dad was an Electronics Engineer in the areo-space Industry and we lived in Hawthorne California. The jets would break the speed of sound right over our house on their way out over the ocean. We thought it was pretty cool that parts my Dad worked on might be on that plane.

Dairy farmers have been fighting this battle for many years. Developer's build right up to there fences then come the law suites. Farmer sells to a developer and moves his farm 20 miles down the road of course then the hole thing starts all over again as long as the few get to dictate what everyone else can do.

Whats stupid is everyone wants people to be safe with firearms but nobody seems to want the ranges that allow training at them. Range access is very important to providing safe, enjoyable shooting opportunities.

When I was a member I saw the wait list and just thought, dang that's a lot of people that might be unsafe untrained gun owners.

If people really want less negligence etc how about funding training, classes, and range access. Nope, they'd rather complain and ban stuff. (Or attempt to)

Whats stupid is everyone wants people to be safe with firearms but nobody seems to want the ranges that allow training at them. Range access is very important to providing safe, enjoyable shooting opportunities.

When I was a member I saw the wait list and just thought, dang that's a lot of people that might be unsafe untrained gun owners.

If people really want less negligence etc how about funding training, classes, and range access. Nope, they'd rather complain and ban stuff. (Or attempt to)
Just a few years ago the (Oregon) Kids Safe Foundation tried to pass a kids gun safety program in public schools....
And every ....anti gun politician... In Oregon voted it down.

Some folks tried that on a club I know. They claimed that lead was leaking into a nearby creek. How they would assume that I don't know. All of the local waterways were tested, either recently or just after the complaint, and that particular creek was one of the cleanest.

Tried such at Ashland Gun & Archery Club. Ashland Oregon.

Some folks bought property near the club & built. No surprise the club was there. Started in 1968...

Then they brought suite against the club on environmental grounds, as well as noise & "risk". They lost.

Notable, the club spent a chunk of money on both environmental mitigation (of a nonexistent issue), and legal fees. My opinion, an attempt at bankrupting the club. Fail, 5x more was spent on the suit by the Kens & Karen's...

Also notable, the city of Ashland just renewed our clubs lease.

Tried such at Ashland Gun & Archery Club. Ashland Oregon.

Some folks bought property near the club & built. No surprise the club was there. Started in 1968...

Then they brought suite against the club on environmental grounds, as well as noise & "risk". They lost.

Notable, the club spent a chunk of money on both environmental mitigation (of a nonexistent issue), and legal fees. My opinion, an attempt at bankrupting the club. Fail, 5x more was spent on the suit by the Kens & Karen's...

Also notable, the city of Ashland just renewed our clubs lease.
Well save up your money because more people with more money are fleeing the cities.

So I bought a house located right next to a gun range/airport/factory/garbage dump and am complaining about the noise and inconvenience...

Just don't move next a pig farm and start complaining.

Trailer - Deadwood - Al Swearengen talks with Mr. Wu - YouTube

The idea of gun clubs to me is just silly. Northwestfirearms is completely different! I just don't understand the point of paying hundreds of dollars to be added to a waitlist then have to deal with all their rules. Sounds like I'm at a PTA meeting " what may be right for you; may not be right for some." I'm lucky if I can get out to the range once every month or once every 2 months! which at that point I dont feel like I would get my money's worth.. don't get me wrong looks like a fun club but I can't stand all the little thing I would be dealing with! I'll go to English pit or Wolf creek

I worked in northern California for a few years, a toilet of a town called Redding.

Some out of towners decided to buy a plot of land NEXT to a shooting range and then proceded to sue them into non existence. They cited how the noise gave them PTSD. How their cat needed peace and quiet. How all the pollution from "rednecks and their trucks were poisoning the air near them".

They WON the lawsuit, or at least they got it closed down.

They willingly moved next to a range, knew it would be noisy, but said okay. Then sued for the noise that they'd previously said okay too. The fact they won this was just disgusting.

They get their way and took our only close place of safe shooting away.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top