Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tri County Gun Club Waiver

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by djaziatic, Jun 25, 2015.

1. djaziatic

djaziatic Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So I just became a member of Tri County Gun Club, and I'm looking to take my nephew out there shooting tomorrow morning, but can't find the *underage parent permission slip* on their website to print out. Anyone know where I can find it? Would help greatly. Thanks!

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You'd probably have a better shot by posted this in one of the public sections. Let me know if you'd like me to move it ;)

3. djaziatic

Sure thanks!

Joe Link likes this.
  4. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

The waivers are actually on clipboards by the club house and at each range. You only need your nephew to sign once each visit

5. djaziatic

He's under aged, I thought I heard them say he needs a parent consent form? I may be wrong?

6. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep, the guest and parent consent forms are on the clipboards. They are actually "adult" consent forms. I've taken my nephews there multiple times. Never a problem.

7. djaziatic

Got it thanks!

8. Rossybandit7050

Rossybandit7050 Aloha New Member

GOOD on you DJ for taking your relative to do some shooting.. Early morning will be AWESOME..
    Have a GREAT time , shoot straight and NO cussing when ya miss. Just kidding..:)

Joe Link likes this.
  9. Rossybandit7050

Hey DJ , one more thing, might be a good idea to have your nephew read the rules of the range and the rules for the particular range your going to be at. BE VERY diligent on weapon control on and off the range. All said, this will make for a SUPER and SAFE time at TCGC.
    "Keep your powder dry"
    Rick

djaziatic likes this.
  10. djaziatic

Will do, he's not touching anything til I give him a good rules lecture as well

11. Rossybandit7050

I always chat with the RO on duty if possible , Its all about safety. They have a tough job.
    I envy you going out ,hoping to light up a few early Monday.

djaziatic likes this.
  12. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I wonder if i'll ever move up that list there :)

Joe Link likes this.
  13. David J

David J hillsboro Member

Talked to the office person when i had to get a new card the other day quit working after 10 years :oops: and she said they are putting at least 100 new members through the initiation class a month and they are at least making the wait list shorter.

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  14. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Now if they would only start having classes to certify people for the action range. I know someone who has been a member since September and still hasn't been able to get into a class. It doesn't seem fair that you have to pay full membership dues but have limited access to the range.

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  15. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I understand it's a volunteer-run class, so "they" actually means "us" - as in fellow members.

Ultimately we need more members to step up and volunteer to teach the certification class.

16. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I spoke to someone who is a regular instructor there. He volunteered to get the program moving and help out and organize and teach classes. He was turned down by the person who oversees the program. His feeling was that this person wants to do it all and not give up any control. In the meantime, nothing is getting done.

ocarolan likes this.
  17. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Yikes. Yet apparently he's complained to the board about being burned out and not having any helpers... perhaps he just wants to limit more members from the action range.

Good news is I believe Rob has proposed moving to a paid instructor model for certification, similar to the new member sessions. So more fair and regular opportunities to get certified.

18. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

I just got my invite a couple days ago for August. It seems a bit pricey the first year but reasonable the following years. Can't wait!

techiej and F2CMaDMaXX like this.
  19. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yeesh, there might be hope for me yet!

Do you only get a limited time to accept?

20. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

I think it was a one week or 10 day window or something. I actually delayed my last invite in march because I was looking into a job elsewhere at the time. It fell through and I sent an email asking when I would be receiving the next invite. They said I didn't respond to it and was dropped off the list. Thankfully they put me back in where I was and not at the end of the line again. I would check your junk email folder thoroughly before deleting each time. Maybe check deleted folder as well. It says "Tri-county membership invitation" on the header.

techiej and F2CMaDMaXX like this.