Sporting Systems
Simply Triggers
DSG Arms
Defensive Arts
HighLine Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms
Reactions
I did some searches but not definitive on the results, but when a WA resident wants to sell a firearm to an out of state resident (this scenario, OR), they have to pass a background check from an FFL and private sales are illegal in the state WA.

Is that correct?
Also is the best process to do this, is take the firearm to an FFL in the state and have the out of state resident work through them after payment?
What if the out of state resident is a family member?
does it matter if it’s a pistol?

All sales (in Washington and Oregon) whether from a gun dealer or a private party sale are required to go through a UBC conducted by a FFL.

Handguns must go through an FFL in the buyer’s home state, regardless if you’re related to them or not.

Non-residents may purchase long guns in another state, but are subject to the laws/restrictions of their home state that the FFL (in the state that the purchase is happening in) is required to observe.

I’ve bought two shotguns two different times in Washington without the slightest hassle as an Oregon resident.

Hope that helps.

Reactions
Handguns must go through an FFL in the buyer’s home state, regardless if you’re related to them or not.

Non-residents may purchase long guns in another state, but are subject to the laws/restrictions of their home state that the FFL (in the state that the purchase is happening in) is required to observe. I’ve bought two shotguns two different times in Washington without the slightest hassle as an Oregon resident.
Thank you.

Project Appleseed
DSG Arms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Sporting Systems
Cerberus Training Group
NW Custom Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge