JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just wondering - during your pre-meet communication did you ever detect any sort of 'issue' with this person? I know it can be difficult but as I have mentioned before you should always try to develop some sort of profile of a person before a meet up. Ask off topic questions, try to have a couple phone calls and really LISTEN to what the person says and talks about as opposed to just concentrating on the deal. I agree the 1 AM meet was no doubt odd and I would never agree to meet at that time - for anything. What was his reason for the 1 AM time? I suspect a lot of bad meet-up experiences stem from one of the participants either being overzealous or inexperienced and later regretting the deal.

Like I said I am a night person, I sleep little and normally from 3am to 8am. I used to live in Portland and just walk around, seen tons of funny things. 1am was the final actual meet time, I was there waiting since 12:30ish more like 12:15. I have never met anyone after about 9pm, Night time is not the ideal time to buy a firearm, Low light conditions, People at night with guns doesnt sound good to police, Weirdo's come out at night. But it happened the way it did, Im am very glad to be done with it!

OK, now here is my input. Firearm... you can deny it or calling me BS but I still have all the texts we contact each other here... I am too lazy to copy it and post here. Here is my side of the story.

On July 4 I came up to PDX for a wedding, before I got there I contacted few sellers on NWFA to buy and trade few firearms. I bought 2 sig sauer, 8 sig sauer magazines and Mpul AFG, plus trading with member FIREARM a Special Weapon Inc AR47 that he posted on the classified here in NWFA. His post said the rifle function without any issue. He had 200 rounds through it without a hiccup.

I got to PDX, the person that I bought the SIGs from want to trade my 1911 (which I was going to trade with FIREARM for his AR47) for a Converted Saiga 12. I told that person I will if FIREARM backout the trade. I told him that I left FIREARM several message and called him several time but FIREARM didn't respond. While The person selling the sigs and I were talking and FIREARM called for a meeting. I told FIREARM I am going to call him back because we were at Washington Square Mall and my wife is getting makeup for the wedding. Firearm told me that he was in Oregon City so it easy for him to meet me up in Lake Oswego which it where I was staying. After the wife got the makeup and came back to the hotel in Lake Oswego to dress up for the wedding I call FIREARM for meeting but he said that he is busy. I told him which hotel I was staying at and told him I will be back around 9:00PM and meet up at my hotel. He said OK

After the wedding I tried and tried to call FIREARM and texted but no respond until midnight. Which was OK for me because we have to leave PDX on Sunday morning to head back to Grants Pass. I also want to stop by the strip bar giggles in Tualatin between Oregon City and Lake Oswego to bring back memories (I used to date a phillipines girl that worked at Precision Interconnect and Giggle the same time) So I told FIREARM that I will do the trade that late.

He told me that we will meet up at Fisherman Marine, I told him OK. I then google Fisherman Marine from my iphone and it brought me to the Fisherman Marine closed to my location which was in Tigard. I went there and wait and waited for FIREARM. 15 mins passed the meeting time I called him up and and finally told me it was in OR city. I drove from Tigard to OR City to met up with FIREARM.

In the car I let FIREARM examine my 1911 that I traded with absoluterik07. FIREARM is very well knowledge about 1911, he look at everything even shake the gun to hear any noise. I have never done that. Then Firearm started to tell me the AR47 is his favor rifle and he treated like his baby and it hard to let it go. It was almost tears in his eyes to let the rifle go because it function so well and he love it so much. The only thing he told me that the plastic magazine hard to take it out the rifle due to it being new and it need to put in and out many time to worn down the plastic mags. I do down lot of AK plastic mag so I know it is the truth issue so I trusted FIREARM.

I didn't inspected that rifle much because I trusted FIREARM, what can be wrong when he said 200 round without any issue. I never have bad trade on this site at all so I trusted everyone that in this hobby. I send cashier check, MO to people on this website over $2,500 without seeing the rifle or talk on the phone with that person but never once recieve bad item. SO I took the rifle to GIGGLES to bring back memory, I even told FIREARM if he come with me I will pay for his cover and drinks! While I was at giggle I thought the deal went well so I left him a positive feedback. I got back to the hotel, I can't bring the rifle in side the hotel because I have no rifle case. I left it in the car until I get home the next day to Grants Pass. I have 3 years old boy so once we got to GP I took my son to the park to let him run around because he been sitting in the car too long. I didn't get to play with the rifle until that night. I found out that the rifle would not fit any mags including the mag that FIREARM gave me . The mag go inside the rifle but would not stay in place or not even click properly. I called FIREARM and again no answer. I called several time no answer, I texted no answer. I PMed him here, couple day later he pm me back said the mags need to be sand down to fit the rifle. I told him why didnt he send me the mag that the used. He said he will send it to me so I gave him my address and everything for him to mail me that mag. I waited and waited and waited his respond was he didn't have the time to send me that mag.

I was so upset that I decide this is a scam and I was going to pursuit civil law suit with FIREARM for all the scam stress frustrate and distrust people on this website. I looked at my son and realize the world is not ending. :) MY SON BROUGHT HAPPY TO MY LIFE! So I thought to myself, why so upset? It's only a rifle, I can get more. All I need to do is take this is as a mistake and I learned from it. Learned not to trust anyone even they have the same hobby. It was the mistake that I made was not to inspected the rifle throroughtly like I suppose to do. So I send FIREARM an appology for sending him a nasty PMed about KARMA :)

I decide to let it go and take it as a learning experient!

For those who want to know the out come of the rifle then good things always come to those who waited. I contacted Michael Machines, the designer and owner of AR-47.com. He was able to fix the issue for me with small cost. The biggest cost was the shipping :) He took the upper out and widen the side of the upper so the magazine can fit the mag catch smoothly. I even able to use the drum magazine with it. I learned that next time I just need to send him the upper, it cost cheaper just to send the upper. :)

For those that never know me or telling me to go pound sand :) I never have remorse buying a good functioning rifle :) I can always have more. I can tell that I have guns lend out to my friends and their wifes for conceal carring. So 1 more gun in my hand is one more happinest :)

I look up online and i started to contacte

If you are unhappy with the rifle, ask to trade back and be done with it.

However, nobody is obligated to do so since you both parted ways and agreed on the trade.

I would have never done a deal at 1AM to begin with.

I do believe the AS-IS clause applies to used firearms, no different than buying/trading a used car.

A lawyer????

A scam????

Are you friggening kidding me?

Come on, you both met face to face.

Both of you guys had the opportunity to fully inspect what you were trading for. If one of you left unhappy about the deal, it is pretty much your own fault.

This happened over 3 months ago, he left a positive itrade rating and then today, I get a negative itrade feedback?? I am over it... Obviously he is not. I used poly mags and had to mod one to work as was explained. Half the stuff in his post didnt happen. I never mentioned his name and now he found an old post and is upset. The rifle always worked for me.

So the problem was mentioned prior to the trade. The trade moved forward..
Traders remorse....now

To bad, the trade is done! No trade backs, this isnt childhood

The mag prob is a simple fix for any smith..

All I know is... If I'm married, have a 3-yr old son, going to a family wedding and taking the wife to get all prettied up with professional make-up and then go to Giggles to "bring back memories" of an old stripper girlfriend...

The only memories I'd wind up with in the end were of my marriage before the divorce and not paying out the arse for child support! ;) :winkkiss:

Class act! :rolleyes:

Anybody that would send 2500$ money order on good faith is bound to meet a Nigerian princess one day....

Basically the mindset is I'll trust you then sue you if it doesn't work to my liking...

Whatever happened to due diligence?

It sounds like the ArK was misrepresented. In Bennys post he says that the ad stated functions without issue, the seller at the time of trading then states new mags don't work well but will if they are inserted repeatedly they will work which seems to not be so. As new mags didn't work Benny did in fact have to pay a known ArK gunsmith to put the ArK into the stated condition that it was claimed to be in. This in court would be actionable.

I would have taken the same actions as Benny had this happened to me.

Psssttt... It was an AR47 (yes, an AR...47, I had to google it to believe it) ;)
I'd buy a sig556r before a finicky ar47...

here's my wife shooting mine...
[video=youtube_share;HRlJYgyS390]http://youtu.be/HRlJYgyS390[/video]
Although I'm not ruling out building one eventually I know it will require some fitting of magazines

Is there a link to the original ad? And if it says "functions fine" well then.... that changes a couple things..

PX4WA doesnt that go pro get in the way of your wifes sight picture?

I'd buy a sig556r before a finicky ar47...

here's my wife shooting mine...
[video=youtube_share;HRlJYgyS390]http://youtu.be/HRlJYgyS390[/video]
Although I'm not ruling out building one eventually I know it will require some fitting of magazines

Can't see the wife

I will say, I've had one trade go south for me (i don't believe he Is a member on this site) and it was about 3 days later that I shot the weapon I traded for...after shooting it I realized I got hosed lol I then asked if we could simply trade back...I offered to give him 50 bucks for the gas because he drove out to me to complete the trade originally and basically move on as if it never happened. No response...I then offered a hundred and a different sort of trade configuration...he didn't bother to respond. That's what pissed me off. I think in any kind of trade scenario both parties have to be willing to communicate and make certain the situation is mutually benificial to an extent. Sure...there's the whole "hey Man ur responsible for you own actions and tough bubblegum" approach...and I believe in it plenty in other avenues of life, but when it's involving a hobby you share with others...why do something to create negativity? Have some character and moral fiber.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top