JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess you're right about the multiple feedback, I could have sworn that I saw that rule here a few years ago when Joey first added iTrader. You're right that outright mis-representing a product is a big deal, however the text of the add and what he SAID at the trade are BOTH important (not just what is typed!, this is why car dealers get in trouble all the time for making promises contrary to their contracts!). The OP claims he disclosed this issue, and Benny also acknowledges that: "he told me that the plastic magazine hard to take it out the rifle ". The OP's diagnosis was perhaps wrong, but it is still a proper disclosure unless Benny has evidence that OP KNEW the issue and was intentionally misleading him.

Unless you intentionally mislead for your own gain, the purchaser is responsible in an implied as-is situation to determine the condition of the firearm (the exception is when the seller is considered someone who has particular expertise, such as a jeweler selling a ring, and this is only for things that are obscure to the normal observer). In a face-to-face deal, the courts definitely tend to side with caveat emptor (buyer beware!) unless there is distinct proof of deception.

That said, I read through Benny's statement and it isn't terribly consistent or convincing, so I have a hard time blaming OP for something that was disclosed.

As for your AG/Judge, I don't know the details. The fact that the AG threatened to sue you personally shows that perhaps he should have spent more time paying attention in law class and less taking aggressiveness classes.

As for your AG/Judge, I don't know the details. The fact that the AG threatened to sue you personally shows that perhaps he should have spent more time paying attention in law class and less taking aggressiveness classes.

Yes indeed, coercing a witness is a very dangerous path, though I knew he was just attempting to bully me I had taken steps to inform the Oregon state bar had he continued down this path.

Can you link to that rule? I'm being sincere in saying I've looked and can't find it so I'm of course willing to change my stance on if a second feedback is against the rules if there is indeed a rule.

As for my stance on who is in the wrong that won't change, what was stated as the condition of the rifle in the ad is key, to say there are no problems in print is to make oneself legally accountable for the condition and legally accountable for bringing the firearm up to that condition, not just a trade back, actually paying any costs the person who received the item not in stated condition incurred to bring it to stated condition.

I know of a similar trade right here at NWFA where a former Oregon state assistant attorney general traded firearms with an Oregon municipal Judge (he didn't know he was a Judge) and the traded item not being what was stated to be, the Judge then brought it up to stated condition and then sent a demand to be made right on the matter. The "Hi-Powered" former Oregon state assistant attorney general realizing that he had no leg to stand on did indeed make the matter square.

BTW in the process of all this the "Hi-Powered" former Oregon state assistant attorney general even threatened to sue me personally just to try and bully me and save what little dignity he had left, and all just because I knew about the transaction. (All correspondence via PM which I have saved) ;)

Dupe feedbacks are something that can be removed, but I guess the mods are taking sides in this case as I have contacted both mods and the respondent with no luck. And I clearly stated the condition and the fact I didn't really even want to trade was clearly expressed. And stated by both of us in the preceding posts.

Hard to believe this has gone on for 5 pages.
Done lots of trades here as well as other people.
Only trade for what I know. If I don't know the gun, google it and get familiar with the features and problems. More than likely others have reported any problems on some forum.
Only trust what you see and feel on the firearm.
If it don't feel good, don't do it!
What does going to a titty bar have to do with this deal, or a three year old son??????
Once in a while you get something that needs some attention, just the cost of trading between parties. Threatening to get an attorney involved is just horseship!
Trade back or shut the f up!
If you traded with a local dealer and later did this bs, what would you expect from them?
Always always buyer beware.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top