JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Previously
this is the last PM I got from the Gent:

"Did you send me the magazine? Why dont you just straight up be a man and tell me to my face you are screwing me? I trusted you and you are doing this to your hobby buddy? Just remember there are karma... Someone will doing this to you 10x worse then what you are doing to me. I will see an attorney on monday to discus a possible civil law suit. Thank god I paid all this year for prepaid legal now its my turn to use it. Have fun enjoy my handgun and dont loose sleep."
I replied :
"You just went off the deep end. I have never had a problem with the rifle. I would gladly meet with you and take a look at the rifle. I didn't want to do the trade and you pushed it. You have never asked to trade back. I dont know what you have been doin to the rifle since you have had it. All this is very upsetting to me especially you threatening me with lawyers. I don't believe I will ever be trading again after this horrible experience. Please don't send more angry messages, I understand your having problems with the rifle that I was unaware of or have developed recently. "

Is there a link to the original ad? And if it says "functions fine" well then.... that changes a couple things..
Agreed but I would think one should have figured this out within a few days of the trade, not 3 months later.

Shame on the seller, if he misrepresented the rifle but the buyer should have been a little more attentive/educated to what he was buying.

All I know is... If I'm married, have a 3-yr old son, going to a family wedding and taking the wife to get all prettied up with professional make-up and then go to Giggles to "bring back memories" of an old stripper girlfriend...

The only memories I'd wind up with in the end were of my marriage before the divorce and not paying out the arse for child support! ;) :winkkiss:

Class act! :rolleyes:

ROFLMAO
Was thinking the same thing.
Kind of disrespectful to the wife.

I have made many trades over the years and with firearms, a good visual and basic function inspection is done. I never expect a used firearm to be flawless. In fact I almost always install a new trigger assembly to suit me and what I like. Nearly every problem encountered with any firearm is fixable, except a shot out or damaged barrel. If you want a new gun, just go buy one. I recently purchased (swapped) for a rimfire.
The trigger hung up half way through the pull. I noticed it when getting it. Didn't say anything, as I knew what I would do to correct it.
Used guns are just that, Used.
Never been disapointed in any trade I ever made.
Part of the hobby is making them over to suit your own likes and needs. The engineering and function can be improved in any of them. Just enjoy all of it. Having one that is already 100% is boring, unless you made it that way yourself.
Some folks seem to get off more on bickering than enjoying the firearms for what they are. The only one (1) rifle I ever bought that did not need some work was an Anschutz match rifle That I bought for my son. It had been used to tame a gold medal in the Olympics.
One minor adjustment to weight and it was perfect.
All the rest, even new needed work.
Working on them is part of the pleasure of having them.

Two things.
Never misrepresent any firearm and never expect any firearm to be perfect.

I think a lot of people convince themselves that imperfections in their used items are nothing anyone should care about, failing to accept the reality that some people will care about them.

I sold an Arc'teryx jacket on eBay one time. I'd worn it for a season of climbing, it had held up great, but I was moving away from Gore and using eVent and Neoshell, so I put the jacket up to help fund other projects. Being the CLIMBER that I am, I didn't personally think anything of the few little wear spots where my harness has rubbed through the nylon shell portion- the membrane was still intact, it was still waterproof. Who cares?

So without exactly meaning to deceive anyone (except myself, maybe), I posted it as "Like new, great shape after a season of climbing! These jackets are crazy bomber!" or some similar description (I have no idea what my exact wording was). Well the guy who bought it for 50% off retail (for those of you who aren't familiar, these jackets retail from $500-$600), thinking he was getting a killer deal on last year's model, "like new" condition, did NOT agree with my assessment. I checked him out, saw that he was a used clothing dealer, and got pretty indignant that this chump, this leach, this used-freaking-clothes dealer had bought my jacket looking to turn a profit on it, and boo hoo, it turned out to have some wear in it no climber should give a fap about!

Several nasty emails back and forth took place before I really thought about it, I guess... short story long, I finally realized I was totally, completely in the wrong. Who cares who he is or why he bought it? So what if I, for some reason, assumed only a climber, and one who wouldn't care about some wear through the shell, would be purchasing my jacket- those were MY unrealistic expectations, and MY incorrect item description.

As soon as I realized this, it totally changed my tune. I apologized, offered him a full refund, including his shipping, AND paid his shipping back to me. As it should be.

The rifle is currently function fine after I send it to the original designer :) i have not remorse trading it but it a lesson learn in life. Obvously mistake on my part is trading at night time and did not take my time to do good inspection and NEVER trust anyine words!!!!

Not really, my wife and I go strip bar all the time. Our favor place was Club 205 :) when we live. In PDX.

=====================================================

Not real avid about the nude bars, or bars in general, but I must have been in one 40 or 50 times in the last 30 years since I tied the not, at least twice that I recall with my wife. Not that I announce hey, I'm going to the strip club with Bob, but wife's are smart, at least mine is, and lucky that I married a woman secure in her own self enough to never make a stink about it. It's just a thing.

I think a lot of people convince themselves that imperfections in their used items are nothing anyone should care about, failing to accept the reality that some people will care about them.

I traded my M92 Krinkov to a member here and had a very positive experience. The thing that I worry about is that the other person may not be happy with the trade later on. So in this case, it was kind of funny since both of us kept sweetening the pot by adding mags and ammo, etc to the deal. And while I haven't had the opportunity to spend more time with the member in question, I was thankful for meeting him...what a great guy.

Quote from original post
"Other member was confused about meeting location and showed up late after a call. We looked over each others firearms and talked about there historys. I disclosed the few problems I had ever had with a very rare hard to find rifle, and he went over the pistol he brought to trade. I was still not very interested in trading as I wanted cash on top of the trade. But we both agreed and completed the trade. We left eachother positive feedback and I thought all was well. "

It sounds like the ArK was misrepresented. In Bennys post he says that the ad stated functions without issue, the seller at the time of trading then states new mags don't work well but will if they are inserted repeatedly they will work which seems to not be so. As new mags didn't work Benny did in fact have to pay a known ArK gunsmith to put the ArK into the stated condition that it was claimed to be in. This in court would be actionable.

I would have taken the same actions as Benny had this happened to me.
You agree with two itrade ratings for the same transaction? How can I fix that ??

You agree with two itrade ratings for the same transaction? How can I fix that ??

===================================================

You might try by talking to Ben and saying you're sorry about how things worked out and that you wish you had been more clear about the mag thing. I'm not saying go to him with hat in hand, just to flip it around and try to see it from his side and throw out an olive branch.

===================================================

You might try by talking to Ben and saying you're sorry about how things worked out and that you wish you had been more clear about the mag thing. I'm not saying go to him with hat in hand, just to flip it around and try to see it from his side and throw out an olive branch.

Your correct, I tried doing just that the whole time. Have you read my posts? I was willing to trade back he didn't want to. And two ratings for the same transaction is against site rules... If you don't have 100% trade rating some people won't even deal with you. And I have been working hard to up my trade rating back to 100%.

I have made 3 trades and have no complaint. If you make a bad trade, oh well s__t happens. After you have traded with no bill of sale, back round check or transfer----What if the gun you received is stolen? Threatening to sue? This sounds immature to me.

I have made many trades over the years and with firearms, a good visual and basic function inspection is done. I never expect a used firearm to be flawless. In fact I almost always install a new trigger assembly to suit me and what I like. Nearly every problem encountered with any firearm is fixable, except a shot out or damaged barrel. If you want a new gun, just go buy one. I recently purchased (swapped) for a rimfire.
The trigger hung up half way through the pull. I noticed it when getting it. Didn't say anything, as I knew what I would do to correct it.
Used guns are just that, Used.
Never been disapointed in any trade I ever made.
Part of the hobby is making them over to suit your own likes and needs. The engineering and function can be improved in any of them. Just enjoy all of it. Having one that is already 100% is boring, unless you made it that way yourself.
Some folks seem to get off more on bickering than enjoying the firearms for what they are. The only one (1) rifle I ever bought that did not need some work was an Anschutz match rifle That I bought for my son. It had been used to tame a gold medal in the Olympics.
One minor adjustment to weight and it was perfect.
All the rest, even new needed work.
Working on them is part of the pleasure of having them.

I bought an AK bit over a year ago and didn't realize that the previous owner ground down parts of the trigger which ended up making the trigger not reset. I had to completely replace the entire trigger assembly and that's when i found out that the parts were ground down on the bottom edges. (You couldn't see from looking into the rifle from the top.) Thank god that he didn't cause it to go full auto because the first time i took it out shooting i was out shooting with an LEO friend. I do feel a little proud that i was able to replace the trigger myself and now have a perfectly functioning rifle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top