JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I normally don't go in for "terrifying" reads: history books are terrifying enough and I read a lot of them so it's a wonder I'm not full of phobias. Years ago, though, I read a couple of William Peter Blatty's books: The Exorcist and The Ninth Configuration.
I thought they were spine tingling then, but now who knows?

Blatty is an interesting guy. He was high up in government psychological warfare circles back in the day. Some of that psyops methodology seeps through the page, I think.
I can't help but like him. Huh? Wait....

If I'm going to read genre fiction then I'll lean more towards a spy type novel. I enjoy spooks doing spooky secret squirrel stuff. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is good. I also have a first edition of Hunt for Red October that I've read at least twice.

Last Edited:
Original Frankenstein was good. I am not a big scary/book movie guy.
Currently I am reading a book on MI efforts late in VN War. Pretty interesting. Could be some useful info for the storm that might be coming.

Brutus Out

At Interrogator's School at Fort Huachuca they would talk about the Vietnam era field expedient interrogation method of the Coke bottle up the nose. Shake up a Coke bottle, jam it against the prisoner's nose, and let the fizz go up the nose. Surprisingly painful and leaves no marks. Of course, since we never torture (ahem), this was phrased in the manner of: "you can never EVER do this, but did you know that...?" Some things are best learned by finding a crusty old soldier/sailor to tell you how.

Dracula by Bram Stoker
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Nevermore by Harold Schechter
Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
Something Wicked this way Comes
The Halloween Tree both by Ray Bradbury
Hell House and I am Legend both by Richard Matheson
Salem's Lot by Stephen King
Any story by H.P. Lovecraft
All are a few of my favorites ... Yes I read a lot! :)
Andy

"Some day you will realize there was a point in your life where your parents put you down for the last time never to pick you up again."

And..

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

personally i find easter just as scary as holloween - they both deal with dead rising out of there graves.o_O I know where i am going probably aint up.

"Stinger" by Robert McCammon
"It" by Stephen King
"The Devil's Touch" by William A. Johnstone
"Infected", "Contagious", and "Ancestor" by Scott Sigler
"Ice Hunt", and "Sandstorm" by James Rollins
"Fragment" and "Pandemonium" by Warren Fahy

PregoText31.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR