JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is that time of year again for ghosts, ghouls, monsters, and mayhem. Which leads me to the question: who are some of your favorite horror authors and why?

Naturally, I mean their works, but also those who had lives you found interesting for whatever reason. What have you learned through their books and life experiences?

Thanks for sharing. :)

F. Paul Wilson for his Secret History of the World books. He is also a physician and has written some medical horror that I enjoyed.

Dean Koontz, for combining genres of thriller, horror, and shadow government. I have read all of his work that you can readily get.

Robert McCammon, for his whole body of work. His historical fiction horror is awesome. His alien stuff is just as awesome. Also read pretty much all of his work.

Clive Barker for his erotic, Lovecraftian themes.

Those are the modern ones.

When I was younger, I liked Stephen King, but now find him immature, unnecessarily sexual, and especially since he got sober, boring. His son Joe Hill does much better.

Yet another vote for Cthulhu ..Err...Lovecraft....:D

As well as :

Bram Stoker...
Ray Bradbury....( Something Wicked This Way Comes , The Halloween Tree )
Manly Wade Wellman...
Richard Matheson...
Robert E. Howard...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show