JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I CC a M&P 45 most of the time and do it with 10+1, Never had an issue with the mag not seating properly or an issue with feeding due to the +1.

Nice catch on the left.... the photo took me back to the days that my right arm was my left for radio transmissions. Can't be muscle memory because the muscles are all gone now.

The new military? I know, right. I hated giving up my BDU and DCU for the ACU... I was the last soldier in the Unit to give in to them.

I hold to “assault rifle”. I didn't wish to list every variant of weapon that I wouldn't top the magazine on... So I class them as pistols and assault rifles. Assault rifle defines the designed use of the weapon. It wasn't developed for "sporting" purposes. It is a weapon for defeating your opponent. People get so wrapped up in this "fueling the fire" stuff. My firearms are weapons. I don't shoot for sport anymore. So you can enjoy your sporting rifle and I will agree to disagree.

I understand that people opposed to owning weapons (be they, firearms, long knives or brass knuckles) have been in existence since those weapons were introduced. I am slightly educated (though not on my left hand vs my right hand) and understand the implications of disarming citizens.

Thank me for my service by letting me hold onto a bit of my history as a soldier, holding my assault rifles (though none were MP44‘s) for their intended use and not by trying to belittle me in a forum, on someone else’s thread, discussing a topic far from the topic of the post. You could have chosen to try to educate me in your opinion through PM or taken a different approach to clarifying the meaning of my words. Your action speaks volume on your character. [/COLOR]

Please invite me to your thread on the term “Assault Rifle”. I am always up to changing my opinion when it my view can altered by new, pertinent information.

I apologize to all others for assisting the assailant in the hijacking of this thread.

MT

why not pistols and rifles,

also did you not carry that very same rifle when you got stuck with guard duty? so it's intended use was for protection and if you had the very same rifle (providing you completed the b s paperwork) at home is it a assault weapon (which I prefer to call a gun or rifle) or is it a home protection gun, I hope you would not be using it to assault anyone. (I would think it would be for self protection)

in other words it is a rifle, what a person uses it for is the action of that person not the rifle.

it was designed just to shoot.

In my 10 years in the corps I never once heard anyone call a rifle a assault rifle. but then it was before Clinton so maybe things have changed.

if you are willing to spread a politically propagated word meant to deaminize guns on a gun forum then why should anyone be so inclined to go through a p m where you would say the same thing you are saying on the forum except people would not get to hear there is no such thing as an assault weapon. if there was I am sure you would have shown it here (by giving the Nomenclature name of assault rifle) but all you did is just pass along the same meaningless anti gun terminology. If you are able to show the name assault rifle from a manual from the DOD then I will apologize but I do not think that is in the cards.

for once we both agree on one thing that my action speaks volume on my character, yes I will stand up and not let a untrue get passed off as a fact and also I do it with out any personal attacks (ignorant rambling post 22)

why not pistols and rifles,

also did you not carry that very same rifle when you got stuck with guard duty? so it's intended use was for protection and if you had the very same rifle (providing you completed the b s paperwork) at home is it a assault weapon (which I prefer to call a gun or rifle) or is it a home protection gun, I hope you would not be using it to assault anyone. (I would think it would be for self protection)

in other words it is a rifle, what a person uses it for is the action of that person not the rifle.

it was designed just to shoot.

In my 10 years in the corps I never once heard anyone call a rifle a assault rifle. but then it was before Clinton so maybe things have changed.

if you are willing to spread a politically propagated word meant to deaminize guns on a gun forum then why should anyone be so inclined to go through a p m where you would say the same thing you are saying on the forum except people would not get to hear there is no such thing as an assault weapon. if there was I am sure you would have shown it here (by giving the Nomenclature name of assault rifle) but all you did is just pass along the same meaningless anti gun terminology. If you are able to show the name assault rifle from a manual from the DOD then I will apologize but I do not think that is in the cards.

for once we both agree on one thing that my action speaks volume on my character, yes I will stand up and not let a untrue get passed off as a fact and also I do it with out any personal attacks (ignorant rambling post 22)

That may be the most thoughtful and educated post I've ever read on these forums. Thank you sir, for you service to our country as well as your ability to speak your mind in a way that is virtually impossible and meaningless to debate. I don't know you at all, but you've gained my complete respect. I hope that one day we can meet, just so I can shake your hand.

I load the chamber of my pistol and then insert a full mag.
With my mag fed rifles I do not and actually under load those mags so that they will securely seat when the bolt is closed which is common w/ARs and M-14 type long arms

I don't think the gun manufactures would put themselves in a position to be sued because someone buys a xx round mag and it will not work as it is suppose to.

That may be the most thoughtful and educated post I've ever read on these forums. Thank you sir, for you service to our country as well as your ability to speak your mind in a way that is virtually impossible and meaningless to debate. I don't know you at all, but you've gained my complete respect. I hope that one day we can meet, just so I can shake your hand.

You will enjoy it. He's a pleasant guy.

I don't think the gun manufactures would put themselves in a position to be sued because someone buys a xx round mag and it will not work as it is suppose to.

Agreed. I think there's a lot of hearsay where someone at some point had an issue with a mag. Probably cleaning, those things need cleaning too.

Regarding the topic, for my carry gun, I load full mags (15 rounds), load, rack and top off.

I saw a few people complain that a full mag wouldn't seat with a round in the chamber, seems a bit strange to me, all firearms should be able to seat a full mag with the bolt/slide closed. if not then its time for a little Smithing. that said my sidearm is an 8+1, I modified the mags to hold 9, so now its 10 rounds ready to rock if I need em. from my perspective Rifles are no different, I know many who keep a rifle behind the master bedroom door cocked locked and ready to rock.

No. In fact I was recently recommended by a CJTC firearms instructor to remove a bullet from all rifle mags (from 30 to 29).

Some guns (mainly the MP5) won't seat a full 30rnd mag with the bolt closed. I've never had or ever heard of this issue with a pistol, but it's easy to check. If you do do the +1, I would close the slide, insert a full mag, load the first bullet and assess how easy it was to feed. If you get a lot of resistance from the round being chambered (from the drag of the slide on the top of the bullet) then I would not recommend doing this with your pistol/rifle. In fact, I would then go down a bullet on any secondary magazines you carry.

With your reference to the MP-5, do you know if the same issue occurs with the HK-94?

Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads