JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you build a bunker?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe I will someday.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No thanks, sounds like a giant waste of resources.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Ummm... No comment!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • *your maniacal laughter echoes throughout the confines of your subterranean lair*

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
1707072748893.png

Aloha, Mark

Some thoughts. If we have a nuclear strike or natural disaster that knocks out power. There is no electricity, running water or likely natural gas. The ventilation required for your bunker requires electricity or a passive system. If there is nuclear fallout, you're out of luck on fresh air.

You would need a heck of a lot more than just a hole in the ground and a blast door. You'd likely need an entire self contained and hardened infrastructure... Wouldn't be surprised if building a truly effective bunker would cost far more than building an above ground house... And with a whole lot less usable square footage.

Would one really want to survive a nuclear blast? Thinking I'd rather be vaporized than deal with the fallout, literally and figuratively…

Unless of course one is nowhere near the blast/fallout zone. Then of course, live on…

Would one really want to survive a nuclear blast? Thinking I'd rather be vaporized than deal with the fallout, literally and figuratively…
Agreed. Red Dawn and all until you need a root canal or break your leg, need antibiotics, etc. Count me in on the ground zero crew.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top