JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only thing that would make it perfect is a longer rail. As well as a left sided charging handle. I want to say a lefty or an AK fan designed it? Should have had a left sided charge.

I want one, don't get me wrong! I just haven't decided where to place this rifle at yet. Is it still in prototype phase? Or should I wait till the upgraded version comes out with true ambi charging and possibly a long receiver or heat shielded barrel nut to act as a rail?

I would feel pretty lame to get one after all this waiting for the perfect carbine to find out a year later that they made a better version.

We have been in solid production and as the platform stands, the left is a permanent feature forced upon us by a lefty designer. :oops: But as stated, a la AK, you learn to live with it.

The possibilty of rail options up front are in the works.

5000+ units are in the field, and we maintain "RMA" rates well under industry average.

Prototype phase has long passed.

I'm sorry to hear about the lefty design! I kind of figured that was the reason.

As for the rail/tube extensions. Are they to be designed to work with the existing receiver?

That is a slick design... only thing I don't like from what you show in the video is that the lower pins are not captive. Other than that, looks like a design that blows the JRC out of the water... frankly, the JRC is a pile of junk and every one I've ever seen/worked on/dealt with was either going back to JRC for RMA, or coming back to the customer after RMA, and not to mention you had to get out allen wrenches to do any kind of service.

While a little goofy, that QC barrel and using that as your field strip is clever.

One question... is the barrel keyed and secured with a barrel nut, or does the barrel screw in?

Sorry for the delay.

I had designed an after market kit to retain lower pins on wire. It added slightly more to the profile, but haveing full time appendage dangling from your rifle is a trade. However, if you plan on swapping barrels in the field it helped.

My preferance on the design was to have a slide and lock pin system (al a AR). Due to costs this was eliminated by the powers that be in favor of the clasp ring/float pins you see now.

The barrel is indexed at zero (held at 12'o) by an indexing screw in the reciever.

The barrel nut is held secure by a spring loaded detent and groove system. It "clicks" in to place. So torque on the threads is automatic.

If anyone has any questions in regards to the ASR, I can be of assitance.

I am a long time member of NWFA and the local firearms community.

I am the project manager of the Aero Survival Rifle and production manager for TNW.

Although the ASR is not my design, I did the R&D and protoype work on the unit prior to production.

I am also known as the "that is correct guy"...o_O, for reasons some of you are already familiar with.

The pictures above are for the new colors for 2014. Olive Oxide and Magnese Tan.

If you are having trouble locating a unit for purchase you may contact the factory for assitance:

503-429-5001

[email protected]

Let them know Jay sent you!

How 'bout boring one of those 40short and weaks out to a 10mm?

Any update to an elongated rail/barrel nut?

Also, I know it sounded like the notion was out the door, but was there any thoughts from anyone with TNW to mill out both sides of the receiver and bolt for right hand charging?

I saw these awhile ago they had them at fishermans for about $699
I love the idea and design. The price is a little steep, but i think it goes along with the other available carbines like this.
As far as I saw these are a lot better quality and the ability to switch right or left handed and quick detach the barrel without tools is a huge plus. I would love one of these the throw in the camp/hiking/ hunting pack.
Glad i waited though the pistol option looks bad A!$ and the new colors are awesome.
Might have to wait until next year still though.

Does the SIG brace fit on the pistol?
Yes, but . . .
1. You have to remove the foam cover on the buffer tube (I had to cut mine off as it wouldn't slide off whole).
2. You have to remove the sling loop from the end of the buffer tube (it's push button mounted).
3. You can then slide the SB15 onto the buffer tube (use of talcum powder is recommended).

However . . .
Even with the powder, I could only get mine on about 4" (total would be 6.5"), so when my forearm is inside the brace, the back of the brace is nearly to my elbow rather than mid-forearm as most pix show it. It's all tight in the current position, though, so I'm comfortable with using it that way - it just looks like an adjustable stock in an extended position now (about 2.5" of bare buffer tube is exposed).

I think if the SB15 were on the tube fully, you could reattach the sling loop.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads