JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another reason to go with the CX4. :D
What's the 8" barrel pistol variant of the CX4 called? TNW's is called the ASP.

Or, for a tax stamp and $70 (an hour at the gunsmith), you can SBR an ASR - since money is no object. Versatility.

And how tall does your backpack have to be to engulf a CX4? TNW needs about 17".

What's the 8" barrel pistol variant of the CX4 called? TNW's is called the ASP.

This is an odd argument to make. Beretta may not make a pistol version of the CX4, but they do make plenty of pistols, all of which will offer superior ergonomics, practicality as pistols, and build quality compared to the ASP. There's a reason why most 9mm/.40/.45 pistols don't have buffer tubes, cross bolt safeties, mag wells forward of the trigger guard, etc.

Or, for a tax stamp and $70 (an hour at the gunsmith), you can SBR an ASR - since money is no object. Versatility.

It would be equally affordable and easy to SBR a CX4 as an ASR.

And how tall does your backpack have to be to engulf a CX4? TNW needs about 17".

While the CX4 is short for a rifle, it certainly is longer than a taken-down ASR. This is a pretty subjective advantage however, as I for example, have never wanted or needed to pack a carbine into a backpack. If I wanted or needed to, though, I'd still sooner get a bigger pack to accommodate the CX4 than get another ASR.

The way I see it is this, the ASR may have a couple features that CX4 doesn't (like the take-down feature or accepting a few replacement AR-15 parts). But that is like a 100-piece tool set from Harbor Freight compared to a 90-piece set from a respectable manufacturer.

Then again, that is before you take into account that the CX4 has some features the ASR doesn't such iron sights in addition to a rail for optics, last shot hold-open, sling mounting points.

Pardon my directness, but TNW's take-down capability is not a 'feature' - it's what makes it a 'survival' rifle. If you aren't interested in owning a small footprint survival rifle, fine - buy the CX4 with its Flash Gordon styling (as you have done) and go brag about it in a Beretta thread. Your disapproval of the ASR has been duly noted.

FWIW, my ASP had a sling mounting point (don't know about the ASRs).

I apologize, it seems I was unaware someone had died and made you king of the thread and that furthermore a royal edict had been issued forbidding negative opinions of the product in question while rendering inappropriate any comparisons to similar products available on the market. So sorry.

I'd add it's not that I was never interested in owning in ASR, I did own one after all. I merely found it poorly built, awkward, and most damningly of all horribly unreliable. Is a truck that won't run really much of a truck even if it has a cargo bed?

I'd add it's not that I was never interested in owning in ASR, I did own one after all. I merely found it poorly built, awkward, and most damningly of all horribly unreliable. Is a truck that won't run really much of a truck even if it has a cargo bed?

Just curious but did you take these issues up with TNW? Also, how long ago was this?

I'm rather surprised about the poorly built claim. The upper/lower receiver fit on mine is tighter than any AR platform rifle I own and the rifle is finished out quite nicely.

docnugent, the rifle version comes equipped with a single point detachable sling mount.

E

Last Edited:
To answer your questions, this was about 10 months ago. I did not take the rifle back to TNW, and instead sold it with full disclosure as to my grievances, as well as with an opportunity to inspect, disassemble, and test fire. I considered contacting the manufacturer but from my experience, the weapon worked itself into its state with very light use and if repaired seemed likely to simply do so again. Brand new the ASR would FTE maybe once a magazine and sometimes even went through entire mags without issue, but with more use the reliability grew worse until the rifle jammed up every third round or so. All of the ammo was standard pressure, factory ammo of various brands. Likewise with the fit of the upper to the lower, with firing, the gun worked its way from being barely-tolerably loose to unacceptably sloppy... far worse than any AR that I've owned (but in all fairness, that's only three AR's). All of that happened within a meager 200 rounds.

From clues in your post, I'm guessing yours is a 9mm rifle/carbine, correct? Yes it is.

As to accessories, I added a combo green laser and LED light
What is the effective range of the green laser in the daytime?

Not shown is the 2x enclosed.tube-type red dot with flip up covers I add when I go to the range for daytime shooting.
Don't you lose your zero by removing the red dot?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Range of the green laser in daylight? Abysmal outside the house (20' into a shady area, less than 1' without shade).
Lose red dot zero after reinstalling? Not that I can tell. I do take all the slop out in the same direction each time, though.
Neither of these affect my ASP's purpose as an intruder stopper, though.

With my neccesary envolvement with the ASR project coming to an end, MA Duece demographic dwindeling and other projects waiting on the horizon, I have decided to step away as Production Supervisor/Project Manager at TNW.

I will be commiting my time to opening a retail outlet focused on CUSTOMER INTERACTION (pre and post sale), expanding the Noble Arms business model and getting Integrity Implements up to full production.

After that, we are schedueled to start "Project Pillar" in early 2015.

I will be more than happy to share, as a thrid party, any information and anwser any questions in regards to the Aero Survival Rifle that I am able to.

Thank you for offering your expertise and one PM to another brother in have a few questions as I just bought one of these ASRs in tan colour 9mm:

1. Can this blow back system handle +P over pressure 9mm rounds?

2. I have a serial number with the letter "L" as a prefix to the digits i.e. L1913. I see a lot of them that are formatted like this: ASR001234. Could you shed a little light on why mine is so diff and what it might mean?

I love this slim profile takedown, put a short vertical grip on it and a SPARC-II red dot which makes it super fun to aim/shoot, but have also had it jam after 115 rounds at the range and it jammed to the point where I couldn't pull back the charging handle with the bolt in forward position. Took it to the gun store and the guy fixed it and told me to pick up a rubber mallet and just hit the charging handle to shock it loose. Before it jammed I had 1 FTE/10rd magazine. I've been putting 9mm 124gr Fed American Eagle brass FMJ rounds through it with only FTE issues. I switched to Wolf 124gr TMJ to sight in the red dot. I put 1 mag through and the 2nd mag, 8th round is when the big jam happened that made me cut my range visit short. Couldn't finish sighing in so I'm going tomorrow to hopefully finish sighing in this time w/115gr Fed American Eagles FMJ and once sighted in, try out some S&B 124 JHPBs. Is there anything I can do to minimize the jamming issue? Does it get better with time/rounds through it?

Thanks for your time!

Michael

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews