JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With my neccesary envolvement with the ASR project coming to an end, MA Duece demographic dwindeling and other projects waiting on the horizon, I have decided to step away as Production Supervisor/Project Manager at TNW.

I will be commiting my time to opening a retail outlet focused on CUSTOMER INTERACTION (pre and post sale), expanding the Noble Arms business model and getting Integrity Implements up to full production.

After that, we are schedueled to start "Project Pillar" in early 2015.

I will be more than happy to share, as a thrid party, any information and anwser any questions in regards to the Aero Survival Rifle that I am able to.

Last Edited:
That said:

As stated Sig brace works, yes, its akward as a brace, but yes.

As far as serials, ....the numbers jump dependeing on inventory hold over, distribution and what revisions it is. The latest series serials are "ASR00xxxx". Intial models were "ooxxxx".

ie: A dealer may have been sitting on an old serial number for a while before it sold.

With the ASR project coming to an end, . . . I will be more than happy to share, as athrid party, any information and anwser any questions in regards to the Aero Survival Rifle that I am able to.
Wow! That first eight words has impact, especially since I've been an ASP owner for a total of 12 days.

Does it mean:
- No more new ASRs and ASPs will be produced?
- Development of planned caliber kits has also ceased?
- Development of a factory forend has also ceased?
- There are other ramifications we should be prepared for (e.g., parts availability)?

I realize you would not be speaking for TNW, but a heads up on anything that would affect current or potential owners will be appreciated. And best wishes for your future endeavors.

Wow! That first eight words has impact, especially since I've been an ASP owner for a total of 12 days.

Does it mean:
- No more new ASRs and ASPs will be produced?
- Development of planned caliber kits has also ceased?
- Development of a factory forend has also ceased?
- There are other ramifications we should be prepared for (e.g., parts availability)?

I realize you would not be speaking for TNW, but a heads up on anything that would affect current or potential owners will be appreciated. And best wishes for your future endeavors.

I'm starting to feel that though I was overwhelmingly excited at first, I'm glad I held off before jumping on one.

:eek:...No no no ... It only means I am no longer with TNW Firearms, no biggie.

They will continue designing and producing kits and accesories as they see fit.

TNW will continue to produce and support the ASR's and ASP's as they always have.

How big of a loss is this for those developments though?

I had hopes for this weapon system. However your leaving as what sounds like leader of the project and what reads as a picky designer possibly owner of TNW, may mean it will not move forward any time soon.

I understand your kind gesture in letting us know your leaving, but as a consumer interested in the product, this looks like a bust.

How big of a loss is this for those developments though?

I had hopes for this weapon system. However your leaving as what sounds like leader of the project and what reads as a picky designer possibly owner of TNW, may mean it will not move forward any time soon.

I understand your kind gesture in letting us know your leaving, but as a consumer interested in the product, this looks like a bust.

I believe the ASR will get along fine without me, one way or another, I do not want to make a big deal out of my leaving TNW, however, it seemed a neccesary statement to make in light of this thread. My reason was informational, not political.

Well I for one still really want one. I almost bought one a year ago and I'm goad I didn't because the newer design, upgrades really, and colors are way better. Problem now is do I get the ASR or ASP?!
We'll I have a few months to decide.

. . . Problem now is do I get the ASR or ASP?! . . .
Maybe this will help.

Starting with an ASP and adding a $120 SB15 brace, you can have:
- a 8" barrel pistol
- a 16" barrel pistol ($125 msrp for the extra barrel assembly).
Total of the above: $245.

Starting with an ASR, you can have:
- a 16" barrel carbine (with a $40 vertical foregrip if you want)
- a 8" SBR ($125 msrp for the extra barrel assembly plus $200 federal bribe plus a long wait).
Total of the above: $365.

Prices of the base weapon are the same ($799 msrp). Everything else (magazines, ammo, optional bipod, optics, etc.) is the same. Firing positions (hand-held or shouldered) are the same.

From my knothole, if you want two barrel lengths, ASP is the less expensive and no less enjoyable; if you only want a long gun, ASR is your choice. Also, here in WA, you can carry a loaded ASP in your car (with a WA CPL); ASRs must ride empty. And then there's this (not a ASP, but you get the idea): concealedcarry.jpg

Finally got mine from the FFL and had a chance to take it to the range for sighting in. This is my first experience with a firearm like this one so I thought a review by and for the more inexperienced might be appreciated by the equally inexperienced.

Assembly went smoothly but I wonder why there is an extra included set of rings with the scope (which comes with it's own)? I decided there must be a reason for the "extra" set (which set quite a bit higher than the ones that come with the scope) so I used the "extras".

The adjustments on the scope leave a bit to be desired because it's very difficult to adjust the windage/elevation with just your fingers. I had to use a pair of pliers for the task.

My ASR came with a KCI mag that I think fits a Glock 19 (it sure doesn't fit my 34). After numerous tries I discarded the KCI in favor of Glock brand Glock 17 mags. The rifle went from jamming (every conceivable way) on almost every attempted shot to only jamming on 1 out of three. An improvement but not quite what I had in mind. The ammo was Blazer aluminum.

I dug in the range bag and found some brass ammo, tried it and saw an immediate improvement. It went from jam-o-matic to maybe one or two jams per 50 shots. Still not acceptable but much better. Although it accepts Glock mags, it definitely doesn't have the eat-anything ability of the Glock.

Eventually I worked the target out to 50 yards, which is all the indoor range had to offer, and was able to get 10 out of 10 on an 8" target. With my vision and that particular sight I'm not sure I'm going to get a better result than this.

Once past the worst of the jams, shooting the rifle was a pleasure. There is almost no recoil and the size of the firearm fit me well. The compactness of it disassembled is great - plus it used magazines I already have. The trigger can't be staged like a Glock - you press, it shoots. Very little travel or pressure required.

I now have something north of 200 rounds through it and I wonder if it will "break in" and completely stop jamming. I can dream.

My suggestions to the manufacturer are:
- offer a choice of optics rather than just one
- upgrade the supplied magazine, what's the point of shipping a magazine that never works? You might as well make the magazine an option.
- sell a case that just fits the disassembled rifle with a spot to store a barrel. The backpack is way overkill for my needs.
- Provide a means of putting iron sights on it with the scope. Sometimes you just want to plink without fussing with the scope.
- Most importantly - tell me what to do to completely eliminate the jamming.

My To Do:
- Experiment to determine if other ammo will eliminate jams.
- I'm thinking a more powerful optic is in order. Perhaps something with a bit more magnification. Suggestions?
- Determine if there any need for a sling if I'm not carrying it openly? Can a sling on this type rifle be used to improve your shooting?
- The rail under the barrel seems to cry out for something - a light? A grip? Maybe a laser to complement the optical scope? Can rails be placed on the sides for more than one accessory?

I really wanted one of these, but it jamming is really disturbing to me.
And can they get any cheaper than to give you a KCI mag?
I bought a bunch of those and wish I had just spent that money on a dice game.
They are crap.
These would be better to just not include an optic or have an option to upgrade or put iron sights on it.

Thanks for the review!

. . . The rail under the barrel seems to cry out for something - a light? A grip? Maybe a laser to complement the optical scope? . . .
From clues in your post, I'm guessing yours is a 9mm rifle/carbine, correct? Mine's the 9mm pistol, and I've had none of the problems you mention. I did buy G17 factory mags, but not because of any problems with the KCI one.

As to accessories, I added a combo green laser and LED light under mine (great for its intended use - investigating noises in the dark of night) - and the SB-15, of course. That's a horizontal sling loop at the rear of the rail, but I don't use the sling for anything except hands-free transport. Not shown is the 2x enclosed.tube-type red dot with flip up covers I add when I go to the range for daytime shooting.
ASPindoormode.jpg
Hopefully, yours just needs more break-in, and 9mm ammo is relatively cheap.

20140720_150818.jpg 20140720_170853.jpg

I purchased one this last summer in .40 S&W. So far we are approaching 500 rounds shot through it, all factory brass Federal ammo, and have only experienced two FTF malfunctions using factory Glock magazines. Both malfunctions were in the first 150 rounds.

The supplied scope and rings are junk IMO and detract from the quality of the rifle. I gave them to my youngest son for his airsoft rifle. Currently I have it equipped with an Eotech sight and it has become the wife units preferred firearm.

E

This is its current configuration. I added a vertical grip, 22 round factory Glock magazines, and single point sling.

20150202_191817.jpg

Last Edited:
I've owned one of these and have concluded they're pretty much garbage. It's kind of a shame since I wanted to support a local manufacturer and all. Poor fit of the upper to the lower, poor quality construction in general, and frequent FTE's with any ammo and mags that I've tried. For a design that mechanically simple, there's no excuse for them to not get it right. If you want or need a pistol-caliber carbine, it's not much more money for a Beretta CX4 which is a far superior firearm.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top