JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have a Cabelas gift card and i wanted to get some ammo with it. I was on their website and i noticed they are selling Herters select grade TNJ 9mm ammo. My questions are- Does it foul up your bore with the nylon? Is it reliable? Has anybody shot it with their CZ 75B?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

I am restarting this thread because today I bought some of this stuff on sale for fun.
Looks like there was no responses yet so maybe it work for me.

Its Herters, Aluminum Case 40SW 165gr Nylon Jackets.
According to what I can tell there is a lead core but that is not verified so wonder if any one has shot this stuff as well it came in 9mm and 40SW that I saw.

Thanks

TNJ stuff shouldn't foul your bore anymore than any other rounds do. Once done shooting - wire brush the bore, hit with solvent, patch until dry. Nylon jacketed ammo has been around for years.

TNJ stuff shouldn't foul your bore anymore than any other rounds do. Once done shooting - wire brush the bore, hit with solvent, patch until dry. Nylon jacketed ammo has been around for years.

It should foul less - that was the whole idea behind S&W Nyclad - just a nylon wash/coating to prevent lead fouling.

And then the anti-gunners lumped it in with "cop killer" armor piercing bullets.

upload_2015-10-23_15-57-53.png An uncool Halloween Costume idea I'd say.

upload_2015-10-23_15-57-5.png

Seems like they should be pretty clean shooting. Not exactly the same, but he polymer/copper mix ARX bullets for my 458 are astonishingly clean. Not a trace of anything but burnt powder. I'll have to try these...

Our range has a "No jacketed ammo" rule for their steel targets and stands. I guess they only want the cowboy shooters to have fun. So I use these in 9mm when I want to run the plate rack or use their target stands. No problems in any of my pistols.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top